Game 80: Sixers at Raptors; April 7th, 7:30 on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Fred hasn't plateaued yet, he's still evolving. Coming into this season I was thinking we're in trouble with Fred as the full time PG, but he has more than held his own and was the clear best player while Siakam was getting his legs back. Fred also needed to shoulder a lot of the offense early in the season with all the new guys trying to figure out the system, and now those guys are earning his trust. He'll get better as a PG as he gets more comfortable with the position and the players around him.
    One thing he has gotten WAY better at is taking the ball to the hole, shielding it with his body, and not getting it blocked all the time. He'll never be Kyle in that regard but he has got way better... it was frustrating how often he used to get blocked. He's worked on that for sure, which makes him a much tougher guard.

Comment

• Nick Nurse or Doc Rivers? who are you really taking? lol. Americans are finally starting to realize that Nurse is a superior coach than Rivers.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

What's the joke?

Like, surely we aren't taking a single (erroneously calculated) data point, dropping it without context, and pretending that passes for real discussion... We have higher standards than that. Or maybe that's the joke?

Khem has an on-court net rating of -1 this season. He has an on-court net rating of +1 as the lone C (900+ minutes of sample). Hilariously, his 37 minutes with Precious is enough to drag those 900 minute results from +1 to -1 (because they have posted a -55 net rating in those 37 minutes). He's like the prototypical, plug in C who can eat minutes without winning or losing those minutes in any particularly dramatic fashion.

Precious has similar splits but because a) he's better (you'd hope so, they didn't trade Lowry for a plug-in C you can sign for less than the MLE), b) he's played a lot with Boucher and against benches, and c) he's played more minutes overall so those 37 minutes of self-inflicted disaster play less into his overall numbers, he has a +3 net rating on the year.

As for Thad saving us from Khem... you know Thad has a -4 on/off split since he was traded here, right? Basketball reference just compared his on-courts to the off-court for the whole season instead of just while he was here, calculating the number wrong. Also, Scottie Barnes has a -4 on/off split since the trade deadline too. Almost like it's very silly to use that one number to evaluate players without considering the deeper context of the minutes they are playing, with whom, and why. Laughable, even.
        You just keep moving the goal post Dan lol…..started this defense of Birch minutes by saying at that time, that it was still a small size when statistical data was used at the very beginning of this discussion.

Now you are saying that he has always been a perfectly fine plug in C to earn some minutes. You even dragged Thad and Scottie with you into that rabbit hole lol.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

One thing he has gotten WAY better at is taking the ball to the hole, shielding it with his body, and not getting it blocked all the time. He'll never be Kyle in that regard but he has got way better... it was frustrating how often he used to get blocked. He's worked on that for sure, which makes him a much tougher guard.
          Agreed, he's gotten better and taking it to the hole, and also gotten better recognizing when not to. He's seeing the coverage's better.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I think the beard is slowly declining. He's still an all star caliber player but nowhere near mvp talks any longer. He's a half step slower which means he can't finish at the rim as effectively and he can't get open for jumpers as effectively.
            Or he's sandbagging

I think he looks like he's slowing down too and definitely not as interested in contact/fishing for fouls ..... but he's still averaging 21/10/7 and there's a danger in thinking he's washed. Dude can still ball.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Or he's sandbagging

I think he looks like he's slowing down too and definitely not as interested in contact/fishing for fouls ..... but he's still averaging 21/10/7 and there's a danger in thinking he's washed. Dude can still ball.
              We all lavished praise on Daryl Morey, but he may have come out a loser here after all. If the rumours are true he could have had CJ Mccollum AND Kept curry, drummond and the 2 firsts.

Try not to laugh or get sick to your stomach as you see the super max that is due to come Hardens way this summer
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

We all lavished praise on Daryl Morey, but he may have come out a loser here after all. If the rumours are true he could have had CJ Mccollum AND Kept curry, drummond and the 2 firsts.

Try not to laugh or get sick to your stomach as you see the super max that is due to come Hardens way this summer
                I was already sick when AAV's passed 5M

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Nick Nurse or Doc Rivers? who are you really taking? lol. Americans are finally starting to realize that Nurse is a superior coach than Rivers.

Yes Kendrick. Nick showed his hand last night. What will he possibly do now that Doc has seen it?

Comment

• Doc vs Nurse. Funny

Comment

• Saints…not sure if you turned it off when we were down 20-2 last night but…we won! Game time in 90 minutes. You’re up.

Comment

• Ya I watched the whole thing... best win, followed by the worst win lol.... Game 82 Thread will be up tomorrow morning

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

You just keep moving the goal post Dan lol…..started this defense of Birch minutes by saying at that time, that it was still a small size when statistical data was used at the very beginning of this discussion.

Now you are saying that he has always been a perfectly fine plug in C to earn some minutes. You even dragged Thad and Scottie with you into that rabbit hole lol.
                          Earn minutes? I definitely have never said anything about a player earning minutes.

Could you be so kind as to outline what goal posts I have moved?

I didn't drag Scottie and Thad in, I just pointed out they have similar on/offs to Birch when you calculate them correctly, so that is not the number you should be building your argument on. There are surely some numbers that make it blatantly obvious you are right that can't also apply to the guys you want playing instead if you are so obviously right.

That said, I don't even have an issue with Birch not playing much. He's just not the issue you imagine him to be, and we shouldn't hold our breath hoping that just benching him will actually help the team, because it will not.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Earn minutes? I definitely have never said anything about a player earning minutes.

Could you be so kind as to outline what goal posts I have moved?

I didn't drag Scottie and Thad in, I just pointed out they have similar on/offs to Birch when you calculate them correctly, so that is not the number you should be building your argument on. There are surely some numbers that make it blatantly obvious you are right that can't also apply to the guys you want playing instead if you are so obviously right.

That said, I don't even have an issue with Birch not playing much. He's just not the issue you imagine him to be, and we shouldn't hold our breath hoping that just benching him will actually help the team, because it will not.
                            We found at last a Common ground then. Finally lol

Comment

• They're evolving

Comment

Working...
                              X