It's not you, its me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not you, its me.

At the risk of over saturating RR with another Bosh related Doomsday post, I feel compelled to share a revelation of sorts that has crept up on me over the last couple of games.

For as much as Bosh might have failed to live up to unfair expectations of being a number one guy on a championship caliber team, the raptors have failed him seven times over. Seven years the raptors have spent attempting to build around Bosh and in year seven, the final blueprint we are no further along than we were in year three.

Bosh has his faults both as a player and leader, but for seven years he has carried himself with dignity and class as this organization has had face lift after face lift. He gave both Toronto and the Raptors a legitimate chance to succeed around him and it was us who failed him, not the other way around.

I want Bosh to leave, not just because I don't think he can carry this team to a championship, but because he deserves to be able to choose his own path and play for a winner. Toronto is a cautionary tale for great players wasting away on mediocre teams re Sundin, Halladay. I don't want Bosh to resign just so we can spend the next few years mutually resenting each other.

It seems curious to me that the reaction to Bosh's likely departure isn't as visceral as it was Wince's. Everyone is caught up in the economics, how it will effect the future and possible pieces the team can get in return. No one seems to bemoan the loss of this extremely likable guy who played just as hard during a losing season as a winning one and whose effort minus the last couple weeks has been beyond reproach for the better part for 7 years. It begs the question whether he ever emotionally connected with this city or its fanbase, again a failure as much ours as it is his. Maybe we gave too much of ourselves to Wince and not enough to Bosh, but in this case I hope we can remain friends.

Go to NYC and play with Bron and remember your time here fondly. Tell players around the league that Toronto is a great city with a great fan base and that you wish that it had worked out there. For once lets have a player leave amicably and not rush to boo the moment he returns.

We should try and savor these last few weeks because for all the people who moan (myself included) about what he doesn't do and what he is in capable of doing, one thing for sure is that we will miss everything he does do when he's gone.

The mob in Toronto is that of a psycho ex-gf. We'll hate no matter what. We'll come up with reasons like Bosh was always a me-first guy, wasn't a real leader, it was all about his stats, etc etc. Just so we can fall asleep at night.

Comment

"Toronto is a cautionary tale for great players wasting away on mediocre teams".

Go cheer for another team then and stop suggesting our best player leave us because we aren't good enough for him. You want to know why people aren't as emotional over Bosh leaving as Vince? It's because people don't think Bosh is walking out because he's an ass, they think he's walking out because, like you were getting at at the beginning of your post, the franchise failed to build around him properly.
      Where I have a problem with your post is where you say:

"Go to NYC and play with Bron and remember your time here fondly"

If you think he's a stand up guy then why do you want him to leave. Oh and news for you friend, he will have people shitting on his game no matter where he is. It's just the nature of the way he plays. It won't be better in New York, it'll be worse because everyone will be talking about how he doesn't drive enough and he's too passive and that's why the knick's suck, and unless the knicks get LBJ, they will suck whether they have Bosh or Wade or anyone else (team is not build properly and d'antonie can't coach). Or he can stay here, where he may be attacked in the media occasionally but most of the fans still respect him and everyone knows he's the man.

What I'm getting at is your on this site so I'm assuming you are a Raptor fan. Your post basically says that Bosh should go play for a winner and we suck. Well mo-sales, we can be that winner and are very close to becoming so. We have all the pieces here already to be successful for the next 5 years. We are a playoff team this year after sucking all last year. We have rookies for a coach and shooting guard who are both gradually getting better. We have vocal leaders in guys like Jack and wright who are learning that role. Sure Bosh could go and be Lebron's side-kick. Or he could stay and see how this team develops, and maybe win a title as the head of the squad and prove everyone who said he can't wrong.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        Bosh has his faults both as a player and leader, but for seven years he has carried himself with dignity and class as this organization has had face lift after face lift. He gave both Toronto and the Raptors a legitimate chance to succeed around him and it was us who failed him, not the other way around.
        Agreed -- Toronto failed Bosh. Bosh did not fail Toronto.

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        I want Bosh to leave, not just because I don't think he can carry this team to a championship, but because he deserves to be able to choose his own path and play for a winner.
        Me too, I hope Bosh, for his sake, leaves the Raptors this offseason.

I am very excited about seeing Bosh play on a winner next season. To finally have some help out there and to show what he's capable of with that talent.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

oh, here we go with this biloni(the way it should be spelt). don't give me this crap it's him okay he's a complimentary peice not a build around piece.

like pau to kobe, pau a very good player is complimentary to kobe, who is the build around piece.

everyone is adding pf's to build around there sg's, sf's, and pg's. while were doing it the opposite way and it ain't working.

why do you think we had such good years with vince as our build around piece because he's a backcourt player, an sg who you should build around.

Bosh=PF= excelent complimentary piece

Vince=SG=excellent build around piece, back in the day at least.

i think we need to do w/e we can to get that no. 1 pick draft john wall and do it right this time.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

hateslosing,

I can't quarrel with your argument, the Raptors are a play off team and if Bosh stays they likely will be for years to come.

As a dedicated fan since this teams inception, selfishly I want more from and for my team than a revolving door of first round play off exits. I don't want to look back a decade from now and regret that Bosh's career mirrored KG's and realize that it wasn't until his prime passed him by that he got a real shot at a title.

This team is flawed from the top to the bottum. They are not getting significantly better without major changes. They are one of the most poorly constructed teams in the NBA in so that they are built to win now and not later and only have marginal room for improvement. I want more from the team I love and if that starts with letting our best player go, than I am okay with that.

Comment

Working...
            X