• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

tweet isn't showing up
    Guess I'm a little rusty
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

hard to get gobert without giving up siakam salary wise.

only thing that may work is this

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6q9oa9a
      Sign Fred for $35M and trade him straight up

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Who's our SG now?

Comment

• Precious > Gobert and he's on a tiny rookie deal.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

loooll I wish you could do that.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Who's our SG now?
              So I have a few suggestions for that. Gary Harris is an option. I wouldn't get Gobert though. I think it solves one problem and creates another. That said, depending on how you draft or what ever, if OG is able to take another step have him be the shooting guard, and bump everyone up a spot.

My solution is you trade trent and fvv to the knicks. You toss in birch.

In return you get Barrett, who is still growing and has higher upside than trent. You get back Fournier, who can provide a scoring punch off the bench. Better scoring punch than we have now that is for sure. You get Noel. Who offers more rim protection.

Both teams get what they want. Scottie runs point. Barrett as SG. OG SF, Pascal PF, Precious/Noel.

If you really don't like Noel you just created 10 million dollars in cap room from that move so you can still go sign Thomas bryant or use Noel and someone in a secondary move to accumulate assets.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If the Jazz are looking to win now, yeah, those are probably the only paths.

If they want salary relief and assets, we could do something with a Boucher or Thad SnT as salary cap ballast, then include prospects or picks or other established pieces (maybe Gary heads their way as a young maybe-star worth betting on) as fits.
                I mean if we could get away with Gobert for Gary Trent Jr, Boucher SnT and then a sweetener (draft pick maybe) that would be interesting. Might not get it done from Utah's standpoint. We could then start Barnes, FVV, OG, Siakam, Gobert that is pretty scary defensively.

I just don't see Rudy having that much trade value or other teams willing to give up much. I doubt Golden State would trade Wiggins and Wiseman for him. Maybe Charlotte does Gordon Hayward but is that really any good if you are Utah.
                Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Sat Apr 23, 2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I mean if we could get away with Gary Trent Jr, Boucher SnT and then a sweetener (draft pick maybe) that would be interesting. Might not get it done from Utah's standpoint. We could then start Barnes, FVV, OG, Siakam, Gobert that is pretty scary defensively.

I just don't see him having that much trade value or other teams willing to give up much. I doubt Golden State would trade Wiggins and Wiseman for him. Maybe Charlotte does Gordon Hayward but is that really any good if you are Utah.
                  Hayward doesn't help us with our problems though.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The bubble was a fizzle. This is different. Pascal is just being played tougher, like a true #1 option. He's doing okay. Nurse needs to run some actions to get him more time & space.

Pascal is the least of our problems right now. Some of the higher brows of Raptors media are suggesting that over-scheming for Harden is backfiring and one of the key reasons why our defense is getting torched. The Doc is out-coaching the Nurse.
                    Called it after game 2.

Nurse ran only 17 PnRs for Pascal in games 1 & 2. They ran 40 PnRs for Pascal in game 5. They are finally setting screens to get him more space to work with and he's taking full advantage. Who knew? Maybe that was also the effect of Fred going out and the team having to become 100% Pascal-centric out of necessity.

And the defensive adjustments we needed to make were also spot-on.

Comment

• Nick is kind of hilarious in how he likes to ease into games and even series. Like, he'll throw the 1st Q or the first couple games just to make absolutely sure something doesn't work.

But once those adjustments start to kick in... Gosh.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Called it after game 2.

Nurse ran only 17 PnRs for Pascal in games 1 & 2. They ran 40 PnRs for Pascal in game 5. They are finally setting screens to get him more space to work with and he's taking full advantage. Who knew? Maybe that was also the effect of Fred going out and the team having to become 100% Pascal-centric out of necessity.

And the defensive adjustments we needed to make were also spot-on.
                        Reminiscent of the offense in the 2019 championship run, but now instead of Marc and Kawhi PnR, it's Pascal and Scottie.

Thinking what might have been all those years we ran iso's for DeMar if only we had involved more PnR action.

Comment

• This can be an sgnificant historical (NBA) event if the Raptors pull off the reverse sweep ... and all while running a revolutionary system of personnel (mostly/all tall, athletic, wide wing span and high cardio capable) .... both firsts at the same time. Pleasant thoughts!

Comment

In return you get Barrett, who is still growing and has higher upside than trent. You get back Fournier, who can provide a scoring punch off the bench. Better scoring punch than we have now that is for sure. You get Noel. Who offers more rim protection.
                            The Knicks aren't trading their best player and only ray of hope for the future to get FVV and Gary Trent. That's insane.

The only thing I have read about any possible Barrett trade is that if Donovan Mitchell wants out NYK might be willing to part with RJ in that package.
                            Last edited by slaw; Wed Apr 27, 2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

So I have a few suggestions for that. Gary Harris is an option. I wouldn't get Gobert though. I think it solves one problem and creates another. That said, depending on how you draft or what ever, if OG is able to take another step have him be the shooting guard, and bump everyone up a spot.

Both teams get what they want. Scottie runs point. Barrett as SG. OG SF, Pascal PF, Precious/Noel.

If you really don't like Noel you just created 10 million dollars in cap room from that move so you can still go sign Thomas bryant or use Noel and someone in a secondary move to accumulate assets.
                              I already told you they're not trading Barrett.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Nick is kind of hilarious in how he likes to ease into games and even series. Like, he'll throw the 1st Q or the first couple games just to make absolutely sure something doesn't work.

But once those adjustments start to kick in... Gosh.
                                Yeah, like in 2019... matching Gasol's minutes exactly to Embiid. Even casuals knew that had to happen by the middle of game 1. Nurse seems to only want to make certain obvious adjustments until the team's back is against the wall, or close to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X