Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Siakam would actually fit like a glue in GSW.
    We would've been smashing our heads by now if that trade materialized.
    Wiggins is awesome, but he found his perfect team in the Warriors.
    He will not be this successful elsewhere.

Someone pointed out that the reason Wigs had success in offence was due to Steph and Klay.
    Partly, yes. But mostly coz of their system.
    The way players are in constant motion, the way the ball moves around a lot.

And.. Klay is not washed. He just missed a lot of time.
    It was a sneaky comment from me but i do agree, Pascal would have gotten his 2nd ring.

at the same time, Raptors would have received significant assets

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Of course it's their system and gravity. Harrison Barnes is still cashing cheques off his title in GS. KD swooped in and collected some finals mvps.

The best job in the nba for increasing your reputation is playing starting wing with steph, klay and dray.
      Kerr will go down as one of the best coaches all time.
      They can probably win another 1 or 2.

Comment

Yeah, miss me with an entire summer of the media circle jerking over how Boston hangs another banner, they've been so spoiled in this century its stupid. I'd rather hear draymond gloat all year.

Anyway, Milwaukee is still the measuring stick. I don't think Philly and Miami are as good next year. BK is a massive question mark. You gotta think Toronto is aiming for 50 wins and a top 4 seed.
        agree milwaukee would have been in the finals were it not for middleton's injury and are still the best in the east.

i do think boston might have the best regular season record next season though. they were .500 two-thirds of they way through this season, then started winning at a 67 win clip.

and i think they're closer to the team that finished the season than the .500 team that started it

Comment

Lol
          this has evolved from just a simple question of who's the better defender.

Anyway, it doesn't matter even if a player can guard 1-5, question is how effective he is guarding 1 -5.
          Wiggins locked down Tatum in the Finals.
          Can OG do that? i doubt it.
          OG is heavier and slower.
          He is stronger, yes. But the Tatums and the Lukas don't operate in the post where that strength is needed.
          The answer is, yes, he can do it, assuming the same conditions. OG has always been incredible defending on the perimeter.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

agree milwaukee would have been in the finals were it not for middleton's injury and are still the best in the east.

i do think boston might have the best regular season record next season though. they were .500 two-thirds of they way through this season, then started winning at a 67 win clip.

and i think they're closer to the team that finished the season than the .500 team that started it
            It's all about health.
            A healthy Warriors could take it.
            The East will still be strong next year.
            The West is filled with either old or inexperienced young teams.

Comment

Yeah his run at the title was maybe done regardless, but he still had some more all nbas and totals to stack up. He was 9 years consecutive 1st team the year he retired. He was nowhere near washed.
              Probably had another 3 years of being All NBA + All star and getting very close to Stockton all time assists record (he wasn't going to pass him as Malone was simply one of the greatest scoring big's of all time)

Maybe 6 years in total with his final year playing next to Shaq and rookie Kobe.

Comment

It's all about health.
                A healthy Warriors could take it.
                The East will still be strong next year.
                The West is filled with either old or inexperienced young teams.
                was not making any predictions about who's winning it all next year. warriors opened up as favorites in vegas and that sounds about right to me, and i think milwaukee should be favorites to come out of the east.

was just saying i think there's a good chance boston has the best record in the regular season in the east.

but yeah it's always about health, that goes without saying

Comment

Could also be the Nets as they were the top team before everything collapsed due to plethora of reasons. Lots of good pieces remain on that team.

Comment

was not making any predictions about who's winning it all next year. warriors opened up as favorites in vegas and that sounds about right to me, and i think milwaukee should be favorites to come out of the east.

was just saying i think there's a good chance boston has the best record in the regular season in the east.

but yeah it's always about health, that goes without saying
                    I meant the best regular season record too.
                    GSW was going for the most wins this season until Steph got injured

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Could also be the Nets as they were the top team before everything collapsed due to plethora of reasons. Lots of good pieces remain on that team.
                      certainly a possibility. they've also been heavy favorites two years running but have instead been a pretty dysfunctional mess. if i had to put my money on one team to come out of the east right now, i wouldn't pick them. but they definitely have the talent to do it and it wouldn't shock me if they did

Comment

I meant the best regular season record too
                        oh ok. sorry i was confused because you said you could see the warriors taking it and i was talking about the east, though i see in my original post that i did not actually specify that

Comment

• I honestly don’t think we are that far off from the Celtics. Their top 6 is better than ours but I think we are also a bit behind in our development trajectory.

Tatum (24), Brown (25), Williams(24), Horford (36), White (27), Smart (28), and a bunch of middling bench guys

Pascal (28), Fred (28), OG(24), Scottie (20), GTJ (23), Precious (22), and a less than middling bench guys.

So we need to hit on our picks to find decent role players to round out our bench. At a minimum we need to see 2 of the 4 youngest players take a leap in their improvement (Scottie, Precious, OG, and GTJ). Which seems realistic.

I think we are about 2-3 years away from having a legit contender… that’s also counting on this team to stay together.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I honestly don’t think we are that far off from the Celtics. Their top 6 is better than ours but I think we are also a bit behind in our development trajectory.

Tatum (24), Brown (25), Williams(24), Horford (36), White (27), Smart (28), and a bunch of middling bench guys

Pascal (28), Fred (28), OG(24), Scottie (20), GTJ (23), Precious (22), and a less than middling bench guys.

So we need to hit on our picks to find decent role players to round out our bench. At a minimum we need to see 2 of the 4 youngest players take a leap in their improvement (Scottie, Precious, OG, and GTJ). Which seems realistic.

I think we are about 2-3 years away from having a legit contender… that’s also counting on this team to stay together.
                            Boston is the team I've been comparing the Raps to as well. Most likely one of OG or Trent won't be a part of this team when they are ready to contend from the talk around the forum.

Also due to the age gap there is an opportunity at some point to flip Siakam and FVV to pair Barnes up with another star. Lots of ways it can go.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Global is one thing.. but just casual North Americans seem to have less interest. What were the NBA ratings like with Giannis in the finals though? I bet it wasn't all that great.

A super team has to have at least 2 of the best 5 players in the league on the same team. Lakers had that in 2020 and won it all. But it was in the bubble. George isn't a top 5 player in the league, and neither is Harden anymore.
                              Well you would have had to quality you definition then

A super team to me is the current buddy up system where two or more elite players (along with a 3rd very good player usually) sign or collude to play together.

By your definition, was lebron in Miami with Wade a super team? Not sure if Wade was top 5 in the league then but they were the very definition of a super team. Nets were a super team this year but But neither Harden nor Irving or Simmons are top 5 with Durant. GSW sure was the best team this year but not because Wiggins, Green or Klay are top 5....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Well you would have had to quality you definition then

A super team to me is the current buddy up system where two or more elite players (along with a 3rd very good player usually) sign or collude to play together.

By your definition, was lebron in Miami with Wade a super team? Not sure if Wade was top 5 in the league then but they were the very definition of a super team. Nets were a super team this year but But neither Harden nor Irving or Simmons are top 5 with Durant. GSW sure was the best team this year but not because Wiggins, Green or Klay are top 5....
                                You have to define what "elite" is though. I don't think you can be too broad in that definition. Kevin Love was absolutely not elite. Neither was Kyrie when the Cavs won. I don't think Kyrie was ever really elite. He wasn't ever an MVP candidate or a type 5-7 player in the league. He made the all-nba second team in 2019. That was his peak there. He's a really good player, but elite and very good should have a pretty sizable gap.

Wade was a 2010 all-nba first team selection.. so in that sense he was a top 5 player when Lebron joined him.

I think you need 2 of some of the greatest players in the game on the team at the same time. And by greatest I mean guys that are all-nba first team every other year. Like hall of fame locks. Guys that should carry their own team to a championship on their own. The league usually has 4-5 guys like this every year. Harden doesn't fit that this year. Kyrie doesn't either. George doesn't either.

This season there were no super teams in my opinion. Mostly because Lebron and Davis were both old and hurt.

A super team example would be if Giannis went to Dallas to play with Luka. Or Jokic played with KD. Or Embiid played with Curry. Those would be super teams. An out of shape Harden who doesn't give a sh!t anymore is no longer "elite" IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X