Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JV is offically the play in game king. Pretty sure he played 2 game with the grizz 1st year before they lost to the blazers. Played 2 game last year beating the warriors to make the playoffs. and Now has a chance to put up 2 more games of stats. He's going to be the stat leader for all play in games all time.
    Put it on his resume!!
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Hawks over Cavs for sure.

I don't expect any sweeps.

Comment

Hornets are a bunch of fake tough guys showboating low BBIQ idiots

1. Miles Bridges - who just threw his mouthpiece and hit a fan after the game
        2. Kelly Oubre Jr.
        3. Isaiah Thomas
        4. Terry Rozier
        5. Montrez Harrell - their no.1 showboat small minded fake tough guy idiot career journeyman

No class act individuals

well deserved humiliating loss

Jordan should trade these pretenders including that oft injured overpaid bum in Hayward

He should build around Ball, Washington and Martin

Comment

If I were with the Pelicans I’d be raising my eyebrow at our 50-pound overweight superstar, who hasn’t played all season, doing windmill, 360 slams before the game with a foot injury. Like, what the fuck? He can do those but he’s still so fat and injured he can’t play? Something is not right there.

Comment

Pelicans beating the clips
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              If I were with the Pelicans I’d be raising my eyebrow at our 50-pound overweight superstar, who hasn’t played all season, doing windmill, 360 slams before the game with a foot injury. Like, what the fuck? He can do those but he’s still so fat and injured he can’t play? Something is not right there.
              Seriously gets old to hear people say zion is fat.
              2 years later.........
              Now right now maybe he could lose a little, but 50lbs? Come on.

I do raise an eyebrow on the slams though.....seems like unnecessary risk if he's not fully healed.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Hawks over Cavs for sure.

I don't expect any sweeps.
                I dont think that's a given at all, cavs are pretty good and what if Allen can play?

Comment

He's probably closer to being fully healthy than not. Even if his injury has fully healed he still needs to get his conditioning right and his body accustomed to the strain of going all out in a playoff game. That's a different type of risk than throwing down a dunk he probably can do in his sleep. Not a great look but these guys are basically kids.

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

2 years later.........

I do raise an eyebrow on the slams though.....seems like unnecessary risk if he's not fully healed.
                    Okay. 70 pounds.

Everyone acts like Zion is unprecedented but he isn’t. Barkley went from almost 300 pounds at Auburn to 250 or less for most of his career. The fact Zion still is fat is his fault alone and it’s destroying his career. People excusing it is just baffling.
                    Last edited by slaw; Thu Apr 14, 2022, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I picked the Hornets.. dumb move. I just wanted one upset. But it seems like the play-in is going to be anti-climactic once again.

Although the Hawks over the Cavs would likely be considered an upset too. If Allen can play for that game it changes the calculus a bit. I will be rooting for the Cavs in that one. They've had a heck of a season and they should get a playoff spot for their turnaround.

I don't see either Atlanta or Cleveland beating Miami though.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I picked the Hornets.. dumb move. I just wanted one upset. But it seems like the play-in is going to be anti-climactic once again.

Although the Hawks over the Cavs would likely be considered an upset too. If Allen can play for that game it changes the calculus a bit. I will be rooting for the Cavs in that one. They've had a heck of a season and they should get a playoff spot for their turnaround.

I don't see either Atlanta or Cleveland beating Miami though.
                        Trae Young has the ability to win a game all by himself. Cleveland's confidence and game is destroyed and Cinderella's carriage turned back into a pumpkin. Trae also can get more calls than anyone on the Cavs or Heat (not saying they'll beat the Heat but honestly wouldn't be the upset of all time)

Comment

I dont think that's a given at all, cavs are pretty good and what if Allen can play?
                          I don't think Allen is going to to play. He wasn't ready to play 3 days prior, coming back from a major injury, and even their fan sites are saying it's a coin flip at best. He has a fractured middle finger, you can't just tough it out blocking shots and grabbing rebounds without making it worse. Bump it the slightest wrong way and it snaps again. Better for them to let him heal and get ready for next season.

I think Collins is closer to coming back for the Hawks than Allen is for the Cavs, but I don't expect him to play either.

I just don't think Cleveland is any good without Allen. They gave up 40 points in the first quarter against the Nets. It was a total blowout and Nets coasted the rest of the way.

I expect a closer game with the Hawks but still expect a Hawks win.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Trae Young has the ability to win a game all by himself. Cleveland's confidence and game is destroyed and Cinderella's carriage turned back into a pumpkin. Trae also can get more calls than anyone on the Cavs or Heat (not saying they'll beat the Heat but honestly wouldn't be the upset of all time)
                            Right. Did everyone already forget the Hawks upsetting Philly in the playoffs? They're a very talented team when healthy. Everyone loves to talk about Trae but Hunter is the real X factor, he's crazy good on both ends and he's playing great right now.

Comment

2 years later.........

I'm sure he's doing slams like that in practice as part of his rehab. He's supposed to be very close to being back.

Comment

Okay. 70 pounds.

Everyone acts like Zion is unprecedented but he isn’t. Barkley went from almost 300 pounds at Auburn to 250 or less for most of his career. The fact Zion still is fat is his fault alone and it’s destroying his career. People excusing it is just baffling.
                                On the outside looking in, you really have no idea. His career is fine, what was he averaging, 27 a game in his first year?

Comment

Working...
                                X