Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

What’s your point? Those are two completely different situations. The Jazz are in year six of their run and have never made it to a conference finals. Memphis is in year two and has already overachieved wildly this season. This Grizzlies team isn’t near its final form.
    I'm curious how legit this Memphis team is? I haven't followed the team at all with the exception of when they played the Raptors. I wasn't impressed during those games. They seem a lot like the Knicks last season or at best Atlanta from a season ago. Still really young with a lot of internal improvement to come over the next few years.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

That both are performing at the same level in the playoffs, Memphis is actually underachieving more since they were a higher seed. I think both teams need tweaks around the edges not being blown up.

Mike Conley and Bogdanovic are getting old but only signed through next year, everyone else important is under 30, and Mitchell is only 25. I think they should look at trading Conley for some better perimeter defenders who complement Gobert better and they'd remain a top contender. The west is a difficult conference, it's not shameful to go out in the semis.
      What? These Grizzlies are playing in their second playoff series and their best players are 22, 22, 23, 25 and 26 - none with much of any playoff experience. Of course they are going to run into adversity in the playoffs. This team is building toward the future, not 2022, and is two or three years ahead of schedule thanks to the brilliance of Morant. They are not a title contender nor built to be one.

The Jazz, on the other hand, are seven years into their current plan with almost the exact same team as last year with all the same flaws and weaknesses they have had for years, losing games in exactly the same ways they lost them in the previous FIVE PLAYOFF YEARS. I'm not calling on them to do anything yet but if this core group can't get out of the second round six straight years in a row then changes have to be made. If the Raps did this you'd be screaming that something needed to change and you'd be right.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Your right on all fronts I think. Durant struggling in this series a little too, only 11 FGA last night for some reason. Credit to the Celtics D, which is really really good. The nets D, which can be decent at times, just doesn't have the tools to deal with a roster like Bostons, that can score so well in a variety of ways. The roster certainly isn't ideal but the chemistry is a big problem. Nobody wants to go to war with kyrie. I've noticed, Durant is a great teammate. He gets pumped when a teammate scores or makes a big play. That's how you rally the troops. Kyrie doesn't give a shit unless it's him or Durant. It's just a job to him, he's not the level of competitor you need as a number 2 and leader. I'm not sure Simmons will help much either, he has some of the same issues I think, but at least he may be able to slow Tatum.
        Yeah, Durant is struggling a bit but he carried a heavy heavy load. The Celtics are a handful. Durant is the only person who will be loyal to Kyrie, which is the kind of friend you want. You want a ride or die who will stand up for you no matter what. At the same time, Kyrie has had routine.... mental health issues. I am not here to make light of that but it's certainly not ideal if someone has that and doesn't clearly want to work towards helping themselves in that regard. For example, him just randomly took off in the middle of the season at times last year... for no reason.

Kyrie is an incredible player though. We also saw him quit on Boston in the middle of a playoff series and start acting weird right before that. He seems to be a sensitive guy. I can't imagine the immense pressure those athletes are under. That said, he is part of the issue. The flat earth stuff and talking in weird non-sensical philosophical quote stuff ... doesn't help. I just think he would be an interesting teammate and not always in a fun way.

Simmons will NOT help with that because he clearly also has his own set of issues. I found that watching his documentary from a few years ago gave me a ton of insight on him as a person (simmons). I saw it earlier in the season and realized yeah him on the raptors would be a mistake.

They do need Harris back though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Precious > Poeltl
          defensively Precious has higher upside but man Poeltl has zero holes in his game right now. Having them both would be VERY nice.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

defensively Precious has higher upside but man Poeltl has zero holes in his game right now. Having them both would be VERY nice.
            Poeltl is a sub 50% FT shooter, and a 0% 3PT shooter. He cannot stretch the floor at all. So he's got holes. He's a good rebounder/rim protector.. but so is Precious. Poeltl has experience and height over Precious. He's a pretty good screen setter and roller. But we don't really use PnR much in our offense. We switch a lot.. Poeltl switching out to the perimeter would likely not be a great situation. Precious can handle guards.

I just remember that when Poeltl's name came up as a potential trade target.. most everyone had Precious going the other way. I wouldn't trade Precious for Turner let alone Poeltl.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

If you have Poeltl playing 30 minutes a night how does Precious see the court? If we bring in a 30+ minute C we need to send out a 30+ minute starter. Precious is gonna need more minutes next season.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

What? These Grizzlies are playing in their second playoff series and their best players are 22, 22, 23, 25 and 26 - none with much of any playoff experience. Of course they are going to run into adversity in the playoffs. This team is building toward the future, not 2022, and is two or three years ahead of schedule thanks to the brilliance of Morant. They are not a title contender nor built to be one.

The Jazz, on the other hand, are seven years into their current plan with almost the exact same team as last year with all the same flaws and weaknesses they have had for years, losing games in exactly the same ways they lost them in the previous FIVE PLAYOFF YEARS. I'm not calling on them to do anything yet but if this core group can't get out of the second round six straight years in a row then changes have to be made. If the Raps did this you'd be screaming that something needed to change and you'd be right.
                My point was no one should be advocating for blowing up either team. The Jazz aren't all dinosaurs in their mid 30s, it's all guys in their mid to late 20s. I think if they swap Conley for some better defensive complements to Gobert they can win it all. They're very close just need a tweak, not a tear down.

Comment

• We have to remember precious is in his second year, and he's turning 23 in Sept. He's playing been playing the 5 since Wiseman went down in their freshman years. I think he'll develop as a 4/5, he's big, but not that big. I still wouldn't mind a situational big body on this team, but I think Precious will be our starting 5 next season.

Comment

• Jokic is on a mission to not get swept. Might score 100.

Comment

• Fuck Golden State. Hopefully Denver can steal game 5.

Comment

• Nets are going to be the only team to be swept in the first round.

Comment

• lmfao...

GSW made a huge push in the last minutes of the game to come back from being down double digits but they blew it in the final thirty seconds or so when they tried to employ the 'box and one' ... ON JOKIC .... bwahahaha...

Monte Morris immediately broke through for an easy score and that pretty much sealed it for Denver, avoiding the sweep.

STAY JANKY GSW

lol

Comment

• Simmons officially out for game 4. Nets could be the only sweep this playoffs. That's hilarious and exact opposite of what everyone expected.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Hopefully people will stop saying we got nothing in return for Lowry.
                              Thats me ... I'm was in the camp that Webjuri lost their edge a little this year and last.
                              But his play this year has improved dramatically and I recant my prior religious beliefs on Achiwua.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                We have to remember precious is in his second year, and he's turning 23 in Sept. He's playing been playing the 5 since Wiseman went down in their freshman years. I think he'll develop as a 4/5, he's big, but not that big. I still wouldn't mind a situational big body on this team, but I think Precious will be our starting 5 next season.
                                I'm telling ya, Raps are trying to do the same thing the Celtic's are. They want guys like Theis and Horford playing C, not guys like JV.

Comment

Working...
                                X