Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Suns are headed nowhere without Booker. They are falling apart against NO. This fourth quarter was awful. They are in big trouble.
    Anybody who is asterisking the Suns losing games without Booker is completely forgetting that the Pelicans don't have Zion. It's a fair trade-off.

Comment

Paul lost his composure then so did his team. These Pelican rooks are making his life miserable. Who is this Alvarado guy? I love him. He’s right in Paul’s grill chirping the whole time.
      for a laugh, google "Alvarado sneaking up"

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

for a laugh, google "Alvarado sneaking up"
        lmao. After Raptors... the NOPes are the most likable team in the playoffs.

Comment

Paul lost his composure then so did his team. These Pelican rooks are making his life miserable. Who is this Alvarado guy? I love him. He’s right in Paul’s grill chirping the whole time.
          His senior year he led Georgia Tech to an ACC Championship and won defensive player of the year. I really wanted us to snag him in round 2. Criminally underrated because he's short so he went undrafted, just like Fred. Pelicans signed him to a 2 way and then a full contract halfway through the season. They got an absolute steal.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

His senior year he led Georgia Tech to an ACC Championship and won defensive player of the year. I really wanted us to snag him in round 2. Criminally underrated because he's short so he went undrafted, just like Fred. Pelicans signed him to a 2 way and then a full contract halfway through the season. They got an absolute steal.
            Yep. You called it, man.

Comment

• Barkley speaking facts. I look at Durant the same way I look at A-Rod. Great player obviously, MVP caliber player. Remember when A-Rod signed with the Yankees? he was their RBI guy, I think he won an MVP for them. BUT everyone knew who's team that was that was Derek Jeter's team. Jeter was the face of the franchise. Steph Curry is the Jeter of the Warriors. That will always be his team. Even when Durant joined the Warriors, Steph Curry was still the guy/face of the franchise. And I think that's why Durant signed with the Nets, to prove that he can win without Steph. Well.....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Barkley speaking facts. I look at Durant the same way I look at A-Rod. Great player obviously, MVP caliber player. Remember when A-Rod signed with the Yankees? he was their RBI guy, I think he won an MVP for them. BUT everyone knew who's team that was that was Derek Jeter's team. Jeter was the face of the franchise. Steph Curry is the Jeter of the Warriors. That will always be his team. Even when Durant joined the Warriors, Steph Curry was still the guy/face of the franchise. And I think that's why Durant signed with the Nets, to prove that he can win without Steph. Well.....

Kenny defending the guys on the bus cause he is the posterboy for bus riding ring winners lol
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Barkley speaking facts. I look at Durant the same way I look at A-Rod. Great player obviously, MVP caliber player. Remember when A-Rod signed with the Yankees? he was their RBI guy, I think he won an MVP for them. BUT everyone knew who's team that was that was Derek Jeter's team. Jeter was the face of the franchise. Steph Curry is the Jeter of the Warriors. That will always be his team. Even when Durant joined the Warriors, Steph Curry was still the guy/face of the franchise. And I think that's why Durant signed with the Nets, to prove that he can win without Steph. Well.....

It funny cause KD thought going to the nets and teaming up with a super team he built would help him get out of the reputation he made when he went to the warriors. Instead it is only playing into that idea more
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

It funny cause KD thought going to the nets and teaming up with a super team he built would help him get out of the reputation he made when he went to the warriors. Instead it is only playing into that idea more
                    KD had a quote recently talking about OKC "has to" retire his jersey and so does GS and BK.

He's getting to the age where he takes stock of his career. He's seeing that when he retires, he will retire a top 15 all time great, but will not be beloved by any one city or franchise.

Everybody else in the top 25 all time has a team you associate them with when you close your eyes, and they don't ever have to pay for lunch in that city. KD is a mercenary who entered business decisions with teams. Kawhi is kind of the same but I don't think he gives a flying fuck.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

KD had a quote recently talking about OKC "has to" retire his jersey and so does GS and BK.

He's getting to the age where he takes stock of his career. He's seeing that when he retires, he will retire a top 15 all time great, but will not be beloved by any one city or franchise.

Everybody else in the top 25 all time has a team you associate them with when you close your eyes, and they don't ever have to pay for lunch in that city. KD is a mercenary who entered business decisions with teams. Kawhi is kind of the same but I don't think he gives a flying fuck.
                      That's why he went to Brooklyn. He thought it would be his team, etc. And who knows, maybe next season is different, but they are running out of time.

Comment

• Ben Simmons. Lol
                        And some dudes want to trade for him.
                        Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Apr 25, 2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Mental hurdles must be on hard on the back. My schadenfreude per 36 is off the charts watching this gong show

Comment

Mental hurdles must be on hard on the back. My schadenfreude per 36 is off the charts watching this gong show
                            Paul needs to be there cause he doesn't want Simmons doing or saying anything stupid.

I never really had a view on Simmons until watching and reading some of the stuff about his time at LSU after the Toronto trade rumours started. That LSU debacle was a big red flag.

Comment

Paul needs to be there cause he doesn't want Simmons doing or saying anything stupid.

I never really had a view on Simmons until watching and reading some of the stuff about his time at LSU after the Toronto trade rumours started. That LSU debacle was a big red flag.
                              There's a reason why Simmons a) is unprecedentedly bad at shooting for an NBA guard and b) had his best season (peak) in his rookie year. He is lazy and doesn't really like hoops. It is very rare to find someone with that mentality who made it all the way to the top, thats why it's so unbelievable to see.

Comment

There's a reason why Simmons a) is unprecedentedly bad at shooting for an NBA guard and b) had his best season (peak) in his rookie year. He is lazy and doesn't really like hoops. It is very rare to find someone with that mentality who made it all the way to the top, thats why it's so unbelievable to see.
                                Many players have repeatedly stated that he should be shooting right handed.
                                It was his father that made him shoot lefty.

Was his father one of the issues, even with his 'mental' state?
                                We all know mental illness has causes.
                                Why is no one talking about this?

Comment

Working...
                                X