Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Mental hurdles must be on hard on the back. My schadenfreude per 36 is off the charts watching this gong show

Joe Tsai doesn't seem like one guy to mess around and really consider mental health. Doesn't seem like he will be happy about this moving forward.

Comment

• The Nets are in trouble. What a shit show.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I Never expected that a Durant/ Irving led team would get eliminated badly, in a sweep

yikes

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          The Nets are in trouble. What a shit show.

Managing it right into the fucking ditch.

Comment

• Luka Doncic is an INCREDIBLE reg season player. But in the playoffs? he's even better. This dude is something. Still shaking my head that some American media were saying earlier in the season that they'd rather have Ja over Luka lol. There's levels to this. Luka is in a completely different level than any of the young players today.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

for a laugh, google "Alvarado sneaking up"
              That's great stuff.

Comment

KD is a mercenary who entered business decisions with teams. Kawhi is kind of the same but I don't think he gives a flying fuck.
                Big difference is Kawhi coulda gone to the Lakers with Lebron + AD, and they would have been the title favourites by a country mile. But he didn't take the easy road; he chose the Clips.

Whereas Durant joined a 73 win team. I really like Durant, but man, what a mistake.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  I Never expected that a Durant/ Irving led team would get eliminated badly, in a sweep

yikes
                  If the Cavs had Jarret Allen healthy, I don't think the Nets even make the playoffs.

Comment

The problem with some entitled players, in a nutshell

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Big difference is Kawhi coulda gone to the Lakers with Lebron + AD, and they would have been the title favourites by a country mile. But he didn't take the easy road; he chose the Clips.

Whereas Durant joined a 73 win team. I really like Durant, but man, what a mistake.
                      Not enough steet clothes to go around ....

Comment

On first read, I totally thought the "Joe" being referred to was Joe Harris. Tsai is bringing him in the boardroom? Plus, I like that he includes the manager and the billionaire owner as afterthoughts in his power circle.

Comment

• But he's going to "use this as off season fuel" lol
                          Nets were the pre-season consensus (and betting favourite) for the Finals, right ahead of the other failure lebron's Lakers

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

On first read, I totally thought the "Joe" being referred to was Joe Harris. Tsai is bringing him in the boardroom? Plus, I like that he includes the manager and the billionaire owner as afterthoughts in his power circle.
                            August 2021: "I don't really see us as having a coach, KD could be a coach, I could be a coach some days "

April 2022: "I don't really see us having a GM. KD could be a GM, I could be a GM some days"

August 2022: "I don't really see us having an owner. KD could be owner, I could be owner some days"

April 2023: "I don't really see anyone. KD could be anyone, I could be anyone."

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• In todays episode of "Soft as Cottonelle"

In a meeting with Nets officials and Rich Paul on Sunday, Ben Simmons told those in the room that a mental block exists for him, dating in part to last summer’s postseason, which is creating stress that could serve as a trigger point for his back issues.

Source via The Athletic and Shams Charania

Full excerpt:
                              Sunday’s events triggered frustration and disheartenment throughout the organization, multiple sources said. The fallout of Simmons being ruled out Sunday led to a meeting among franchise officials, Simmons and his agent, Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul, on Monday in Brooklyn. According to sources, Simmons told those in the room that a mental block exists for him, dating in part to last summer’s postseason, which is creating stress that could serve as a trigger point for his back issues. He added that he does want to play basketball and play for the Nets as he works on solutions in regard to his well-being.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

In todays episode of "Soft as Cottonelle"
                                His back hurts cause he wet the bed last playoffs and people were mean to him? Come on now. That's not soft, that's just bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X