Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
    Ok so who's left to cheer for......maybe Griz, Phoenix, Miami and......Boston? I hate to say Boston but I'm not cheering for the overrated bucks. They are going to lose for sure anyhow with overated Middleton out.
    Recency bias against the Sixers aside, I have trouble cheering for ex-Raps regardless of the circumstances under which the left but also because it's Heat culture and FA destination Miami.. OK to Griz and Suns (small market teams). I'm fine with the Bucks, still a big fan of Giannis and his no buddy-up team. I'm OK with Dallas, Utah, NOP too, don't really much care with both LA's and NY teams out. So I guess Miami is pretty much the only team I don't want to see win, apologies to Kyle, your only chip was here.

Comment

• MIAMI -- The NBA fined Miami's Jimmy Butler $15,000 for making what it described as an obscene gesture during the team's series-clinching win on Tuesday against the Atlanta Hawks.

The Heat were also fined $15,000 for turning a video of the gesture into a social media post. The league announced both fines Thursday.

Butler did not play in Tuesday's 97-94 victory, watching the game from the bench because of knee soreness. He made the gesture a few seconds after Max Strus connected on a second consecutive 3-pointer, part of a 10-0 run by Strus and a 17-0 run by the Heat that put them ahead in the game for good.

The social media post has since been deleted from the team account.

Markieff Morris was also fined $25,000 for interfering with live game play while on the bench, as he grabbed and held Atlanta Hawks guard Deā€™Andre Hunter out of bounds, which prevented Hunter being inbounds to catch a pass. Morris received an unsportsmanlike technical foul during the game for the action.

It is Butler's third known fine this season, totalling $70,000. He was fined $30,000 for his involvement in an incident during a Denver-Miami game in November and $25,000 for violating league rules governing media interview access at the All-Star Game in February.

Miami next plays Monday in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Recency bias against the Sixers aside, I have trouble cheering for ex-Raps regardless of the circumstances under which the left but also because it's Heat culture and FA destination Miami.. OK to Griz and Suns (small market teams). I'm fine with the Bucks, still a big fan of Giannis and his no buddy-up team. I'm OK with Dallas, Utah, NOP too, don't really much care with both LA's and NY teams out. So I guess Miami is pretty much the only team I don't want to see win, apologies to Kyle, your only chip was here.
        Tough one, I mean I'm not a big butler fan but bam is good, I like pj tucker, herro. And I don't think we hate olidipo either, lol. Agreed it's good NY and LA are out. I'd love to see pelicans win for jonas but seems unlikely. My dislike for the bucks stems from thier constant high ranking. If not for key injuries on other teams, Giannis would have no championship still. And I still think he can't shoot......but thats just me lol

Comment

• Fuck Boston ought not to be forgotten

Comment

Tough one, I mean I'm not a big butler fan but bam is good, I like pj tucker, herro. And I don't think we hate olidipo either, lol. Agreed it's good NY and LA are out. I'd love to see pelicans win for jonas but seems unlikely. My dislike for the bucks stems from thier constant high ranking. If not for key injuries on other teams, Giannis would have no championship still. And I still think he can't shoot......but thats just me lol
            The Pelicans have already been eliminated. So yes quite unlikely.

Comment

• I'm rooting for the Bucks, Heat, and Mavs to advance. Also whoever ends up facing Golden State.

Really don't wanna see Philly or Boston advance. Those are the only two I'm passionate about.

I like Luka so seeing them win would be cool. I'm just sick of Golden State being so good, but otherwise I don't mind them minus KD.

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                Fuck Boston ought not to be forgotten
                That's supposed to be a given

Comment

Ok so who's left to cheer for......maybe Griz, Phoenix, Miami and......Boston? I hate to say Boston but I'm not cheering for the overrated bucks. They are going to lose for sure anyhow with overated Middleton out.
                  I know who I'll be cheering for: Mavs and Heat.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

If Milwaukee somehow beats Boston without Khris, Giannis is this eras Greatest Player and it's no longer close.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

If Milwaukee somehow beats Boston without Khris, Giannis is this eras Greatest Player and it's no longer close.
                      If.
                      But unlikely that they go past this round.
                      Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Apr 29, 2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Wow pascal broke Embiids orbital bone on that drive. He's out indefifinatly. Sixers choke away their playoffs by not being able to close a series even thought they won in the end.. Don't want to cheer on injuries but it happened 10 seconds after he did an airplane up 20...
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Wow pascal broke Embiids orbital bone on that drive. He's out indefifinatly. Sixers choke away their playoffs by not being able to close a series even thought they won in the end.. Don't want to cheer on injuries but it happened 10 seconds after he did an airplane up 20...
                          Everytime Embiid does the airplane, he crashes down.

I don't wish injury on any player but someone should tell that 7ft kid , one time it's a coincidence but don't temp fate.. but he did & the basketball gods have now showed him that's karma. I bet he is stupid & arrogant enough to do it again.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Wow pascal broke Embiids orbital bone on that drive. He's out indefifinatly. Sixers choke away their playoffs by not being able to close a series even thought they won in the end.. Don't want to cheer on injuries but it happened 10 seconds after he did an airplane up 20...
                            I don't remember of we discussed it during the game but that was 100% purposeful on Pascal's behalf as well. It was no coincidence it happened 10 seconds after the airplane in a blowout.

Comment

• I'd advice Siakam to stay off social media. Sixers fans are killing him right now. These clowns are not very smart though. I mean, why was Embiid still in the game up 30+ with 4 mins left? #BlameGlennRivers
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                I'd advice Siakam to stay off social media. Sixers fans are killing him right now. These clowns are not very smart though. I mean, why was Embiid still in the game up 30+ with 4 mins left? #BlameGlennRivers
                                It's 100% on embid, if he doesn't airplane siakam probably doesn't drive with as much force, intentional or not. And ya, up 30 in a non elimination game is 100% on doc rivers.
                                Karma is coming around on this x 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X