Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Btw, I hope Draymond rip the officiating tonight. If any other player did what he did tonight they wouldn't be ejected. That was bullshit imo.
    While I agree it was likely part of who he is since hes a really dirty player who gets away with way too much contact all time, I think in this case he actually deserves it. There was zero play on the ball and grabbed his jersey in a dangerous way.
    just because he "tried to keep him up" doesn't make the play any less dirty or dangerous.
    Fits the criteria of ejection foul to the tee.

"If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary and excessive"

Clearly it was unnecessary and excessive, the ball is 3 feet away as he yanks him from his jersey. Also total bs that he says his finger got caught. 100% the right call if you actually want to keep the players safe from dirty crap. Not a basketball play at all.
    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Mon May 2, 2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Was thinking that as I saw him as part of the closing five last night but I don’t know if he would have fit with us. His offensive limitations (although they’ve improved) can get hid amongst the shooting of Steph, Klay and Poole. That’s not us.
      The reality is that we are one of the top teams in the east for the past 8 years (*tampa) and our G League team has often been the best in the league. Just like the best coaching staffs lose good people to other teams, the same will happen to organizations like ours.
      We had too many “smallish guards” last year, Nurse mentioned, so I doubt there was any interest in adding Payton.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We had too many “smallish guards” last year, Nurse mentioned, so I doubt there was any interest in adding Payton.
        Good call. Because this year we had a shortage of smallish guards and went with Armoni brooks instead
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I feel like the Sixers, with a monstrous C and a lightning quick PG, was the absolute worst matchup for the Raptors abundance of wings and PFs. Seems like our roster construction (Project 6-9) is built more to beat the Heat, Celtics and Bucks, who don't have an inherent physical advantage at those positions.
          I just didn't want the Celtics or Bucks in the first round. Thought we had a pretty good shot at the Heat, Bulls or Sixers....how'd that work out? If we don't/can't make any moves this off season beyond nibbling around the edges, looks like we'd be in for pretty much more of the same.

Miami could fall off, Bulls were a mirage, who knows with the Nets if Simmons ever rights the ship. Hawks or Cleveland could move up. But the Celtics and Bucks aren't going anywhere. Raps could be a middle of the East team for a few years; expecting Scottie to lead this team to a difference in year two is a lot to ask.

I personally think Masai/Webster have some work to do.

Comment

• So Celtics got crushed by the Bucks in game 1. Everyone trying to crown them the Eastern Conference champions got way ahead of themselves. They don't have an answer for Giannis.

Comment

• There is no easy way out of the East

Comment

• Changed my avatar for the Raptorless playoffs. Hate to cheer for anyone but the Raps but let’s go Miami.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  So Celtics got crushed by the Bucks in game 1. Everyone trying to crown them the Eastern Conference champions got way ahead of themselves. They don't have an answer for Giannis.
                  THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

With Middleton out I have the Celtics winning this series.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

With Middleton out I have the Celtics winning this series.
                      Didn't seem to matter at all in game 1. The Bucks have a lot of other players who can fill in for what Middleton does on offense. What killed Boston was the Bucks defense and Middleton being out doesn't hurt them defensively.

I'm also seeing Middleton is expected back late in the series. No need to rush him yet.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        I am late to the party...
                        Still...

East
                        Raps over Hinkies in 6 or less
                        Chowders over Nets in 7
                        Bucks over Bulls in 5
                        Heat over Hawks in 6 or less

West
                        Utah over Dallas in 6 or less
                        Memphis over Minnesota in 6 or less... Watch the Ant Man. This Kid is a force. A bigger and sturdier Donovan Mitchell.
                        Phoenix over Nawlins in 5
                        Denver over GSW in 7...
                        5 for 8.
                        Meh

Miami over Philly
                        Bucks over Chowders

AND

Memphis over GSW
                        Pheonix over Dallas

ECF Winner Bucks
                        WCF Winner Suns

NBA Champs .. Phoenix

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Didn't seem to matter at all in game 1. The Bucks have a lot of other players who can fill in for what Middleton does on offense. What killed Boston was the Bucks defense and Middleton being out doesn't hurt them defensively.

I'm also seeing Middleton is expected back late in the series. No need to rush him yet.
                          Yup, they didn't miss Middleton in game 1. I'm expecting Boston to make some adjustments though and then we'll see how it goes. Bud sort of has a reputation to sticking with a game plan and not making adjustments.

Comment

• The Embiid injury really sucks. Was really looking forward to how the Heat guard Embiid. The Embiid/Bam matchup is also intriguing. Bam obviously is a lot better than Precious but he's 6'8/6/9 just like Precious. I was really looking forward to that. Oh well.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's Luka's time to shine. I got the Mavs beating the Suns in their series. It's his time.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Tucker is picking up Harden 94 ft.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X