Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

It's a touch early to throw dirt and flowers and say nice things on the comeback kids. Hell of a game one eh?
    Back and forth. Big shots made by both teams down the stretch.

Still sticking with the next great do it all scorer and ball handler Ja Morant to upset GSW.
    yeah hell of a game. you could be right, memphis has played golden state better than anyone really going back to last year's play in.

i think kerr has some tough decisions to make on how to manage the poole/klay/payton rotation. klay was the worst of the three in game one, and there was a point with about 3.5 mins left where he brought klay back for GPII but i don't think he really wanted to because they were playing great with payton, and then he said 'fuck it' about a min later and went super small bringing payton back for looney. but i suspect if there wasn't sensitivity around it he might have preferred to just keep payton out there the whole time and not bring klay back.

think there's going to be other moments like that going forward. some days klay looks the player he used to be before the injury, and sometimes he looks like a detriment to them. tough to tell a 3 time champ and HOFer to take a seat behind the young guys though and i also don't think it'd go over too well in the locker room, but poole has legit been one of their three most important players in these playoffs and they frequently look awesome when young glove is out there.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah hell of a game. you could be right, memphis has played golden state better than anyone really going back to last year's play in.

i think kerr has some tough decisions to make on how to manage the poole/klay/payton rotation. klay was the worst of the three in game one, and there was a point with about 3.5 mins left where he brought klay back for GPII but i don't think he really wanted to because they were playing great with payton, and then he said 'fuck it' about a min later and went super small bringing payton back for looney. but i suspect if there wasn't sensitivity around it he might have preferred to just keep payton out there the whole time and not bring klay back.

think there's going to be other moments like that going forward. some days klay looks the player he used to be before the injury, and sometimes he looks like a detriment to them. tough to tell a 3 time champ and HOFer to take a seat behind the young guys though and i also don't think it'd go over too well in the locker room, but poole has legit been one of their three most important players in these playoffs and they frequently look awesome when young glove is out there.
      Kerr doesn't have the cajones. The ego is a bizarre thing in the nba. Every other sport is dog eat dog, the minute there is someone more effective than you at your role available, you've been passed up.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Kerr doesn't have the cajones. The ego is a bizarre thing in the nba. Every other sport is dog eat dog, the minute there is someone more effective than you at your role available, you've been passed up.
        yeah i get it but it's not just klay he has to worry about, he's gotta consider how steph and draymond will take it in addition to klay, and also that sometimes klay looks great and should be out on the floor. but poole has definitely earned his rotation in crunch time and payton is best suited to guard ja.

i think it's a tricky thing to navigate but he's probably one of the better suited coaches to do it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Too much parity in the NBA these days. I'm not saying the Raps could beat Miami or Boston/Milawukee.. but they have a chance. The only super star in the East is Giannis and we know how to game plan against him.

Wish Nurse got his troops to get up for game 6. Or to not be stupid during that inbound play in game 3.
          Game 3 was the one that got away, though, you never know how that changes Philly's approach in games 4 and 5. That game 6 third quarter collapse was something else.

Comment

• Dillon Brooks better be suspended for that. That was bullshit.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Dillon Brooks better be suspended for that. That was bullshit.
              It was dirty. But i do like the mentality grizz came out with. Young up start team loses game 1 and come out literally to punch the championship team In the face after Draymond rips one of their guys down by his jersey. What brooks did was bush league, but got no problem with the Tillman elbow moments later. Feel like the game plan was to give them one hard foul back but brooks took it to far
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

It was dirty. But i do like the mentality grizz came out with. Young up start team loses game 1 and come out literally to punch the championship team In the face after Draymond rips one of their guys down by his jersey. What brooks did was bush league, but got no problem with the Tillman elbow moments later. Feel like the game plan was to give them one hard foul back but brooks took it to far
                Brooks is always on the edge with his play - takes a lot of stupid fouls - and that was reckless. The shot Green took wasn’t a big deal to me.

I did enjoy hypocrite shitbag Steve Kerr calling the Grizzlies dirty when he coaches Draymond Green who has eye gouged players and kicked them in the groin. Kerr can fuck off with that bullshit.

Comment

• Klay Thompson is not the same player. He's just out there chucking bad shots.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And the Grizz take one from the warriors tonight.
                    What a game.
                    Again.
                    This is the primo round 2 series.

I thought it was going to be the Chowders and the Bucks but Memphis/GSW is by far and away the most entertaining series.
                    Game 2 was like a closed loop iteration of Game 1.
                    Same frenetic pace from opening tip to the last shot.
                    Same big time shots being made when they had to be made by big time players in Curry and Morant down the stretch.

The comeback kids get one back but head west looking for a split and to regain homecourt.
                    Memphis is really banging away with bigger bodies on GSW every chance they get.
                    They just might wear down the older and now more brittle stars on the warriors by game 7.

So far Ja Morant and Anthony "Antman" Edwards have stood out to me anyway as the leagues best young players during the post season.
                    Scottie didn;t play enough.
                    Morant has that Allen Iverson swag and is as fearless as AI was.
                    Antman dragged the perennially under achieving Timberpups to the playoffs and they actually took a couple of games.

Next game is Saturday at 8:30 Eastern.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Klay Thompson is not the same player. He's just out there chucking bad shots.
                      been saying it for months now. he's a lot like your favorite player, gary trent jr. except he's probably not as good a defender at this point and he's paid twice as much

they're going to miss payton big time. he was their best option on ja

Comment

• Still a guard driven league.
                        We better trade for SGA or Murray at all costs.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                          Still a guard driven league.
                          Utah is going to be pretty introspective this year after getting bounced in round 1.
                          Donovan Mitchell?
                          For....?
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                            Still a guard driven league.
                            Bucks are a guard driven team?

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Utah is going to be pretty introspective this year after getting bounced in round 1.
                              Donovan Mitchell?
                              For....?
                              Jazz seems like one of those small market franchises that will hold onto their core as long as possible if they have a good team. Malone/Stocton, D-Will/Boozer, and now Mitchell/Gobert. As long as nobody is demanding a trade it's hard to see them make a move, and more likely they tweak things a bit. They really seemed to have problems have the Joe Ingles injury and eventual trade.

Comment

• Draymond is such a fake tough guy putz.
                                Flips off the crowd and tries to make it like he's in the right.

On getting fined: "I make $25M a year, I should be fine...."
                                CBA aside, fine him and any of the other soft as Charmin players a few million then for flippin off the people that make it possible for you to make that $25M....

Comment

Working...
                                X