Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Thats when Embiid will get pissed and want out.
    Like SAS suspects - something's fishy.

76ers is in deep shit.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Thats when Embiid will get pissed and want out.
      Embiid has the keys to the city. He'll outlast Harden any day. Embiid is a moron, but he's not wrong. Harden IS washed, in the sense of his days of being a top 10 player are in the rear view. He'll probably spend the next 2 or 3 years averaging closer to 19-8-6 on lower efficiency and his trademark bad defense. A useful player in your starting lineup at 20 million dollars, but a disaster of a cap anchor at 50 million per. Have fun Philly!
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        This is why I'm mad that we lost 2 that Trash Philly Team..omg..
        Are u serious..we lost 2 that.
        If we only had a capable center and decent bench..there is no way, and I mean no way in hell we lose 2 that bunch of quitters..James Harden best 75 player..lol.. are u serious..are u serious..that bum..I would never want b his teammate..his garbage.
        Embid..lol..come on, u mvp...just stop.
        I've said it 3 years ago, I'll said it again..can u plz get capable center, until Achiuwa is ready, can u go get some bench players who have years in the league and u can depend on when u through them out there.
        Lastly..this team is not that far..u have good mix of good players, champion players an coach...but damn..u can't go with 5 guys that are the same..u need a guy..kind of like Jimmy butler. Star player..I'll say it again .Donovan Mitchell..or Gary Trent...it's hard 2 get these kind of players..here the opportunity that Masai has been waiting for..3 years we have been waiting..foundation is there.
        Time 2 pull the trigger.
        Donovan Mitchell, let's see:

Bad Defense? Check
        Chucker? Check.
        Fails when the lights get bright? Check

Kinda sounds like 2015 Derozan. It wouldn't be long until you're also eating him alive, Dr. Lecter

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Harden is probably setting the grounds for firing Doc and hiring D'antoni. That way the offense runs through him like how he likes it. And Morey spent way too many assets to bring Harden in to now not support him.
          Your right.

And if you ever wonder how did some really crazy shit happens despite knowing its going to be really bad ... .this is how.
          Morey will give Harden the bag and Philly will be jammed up till they under go the next process.
          In fairness...Harden can still clean up his act, get his weight down from Offensive Tackle size and have a season to remind us that he can fill it up with the best of them in the NBA.... but given his age and his dedication to offseason cardio I'd be skeptical.

Off topic.. .but for those with long memories....

The first guy sent packing under The Process 8 years ago is leading the Milwaukee Bucks backcourt to what could be a second appearance in the NBA Final.... That man is all NBA Jrue Holiday. .
          Holiday was traded for Nerlens Noel , a gently used Scott Towel , and a bag of rocks.

Long summer in Philly.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri May 13, 2022, 03:29 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Your right.

And if you ever wonder how did some really crazy shit happens despite knowing its going to be really bad ... .this is how.
            Morey will give Harden the bag and Philly will be jammed up till they under go the next process.
            In fairness...Harden can still clean up his act, get his weight down from Offensive Tackle size and have a season to remind us that he can fill it up with the best of them in the NBA.... but given his age and his dedication to offseason cardio I'd be skeptical.

Off topic.. .but for those with long memories....

The first guy sent packing under The Process 8 years ago is leading the Milwaukee Bucks backcourt to what could be a second appearance in the NBA Final.... That man is all NBA Jrue Holiday. .
            Holiday was traded for Nerlens Noel , a gently used Scott Towel , and a bag of rocks.

Long summer in Philly.
            The process has been an epic failure and I love it.

They're so fucking lucky Embiid got healthy (not a given when he was drafted since he missed his first 2 seasons) or it would have been the worst franchise meltdown in history.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The process has been an epic failure and I love it.

They're so fucking lucky Embiid got healthy (not a given when he was drafted since he missed his first 2 seasons) or it would have been the worst franchise meltdown in history.
              The process failed because Hinkie didn't get a chance to see it through. He had some big blunders like Jrue for what became Noel and Payton. Or Drafting Okafor. But he had some eye for talent. He found guys like Holmes, Grant, Wood, McConnel as 2nd rounders or UDFA's.

He moved up in the 2017 draft from 5 to 3. It was just Colangelo trading that for Fultz instead of keeping Tatum. Maybe Hinkie would have taken Tatum. Colangelo also took Simmons #1 in 2016. He was consensus at the time, but Hinkie may have thought differently.

Once Hinkie and Colangelo were out though.. the biggest blunder was just not keeping Jimmy. That was a terrible move. They missed out on at least 1 chip with that trade IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The process failed because Hinkie didn't get a chance to see it through. He had some big blunders like Jrue for what became Noel and Payton. Or Drafting Okafor. But he had some eye for talent. He found guys like Holmes, Grant, Wood, McConnel as 2nd rounders or UDFA's.

He moved up in the 2017 draft from 5 to 3. It was just Colangelo trading that for Fultz instead of keeping Tatum. Maybe Hinkie would have taken Tatum. Colangelo also took Simmons #1 in 2016. He was consensus at the time, but Hinkie may have thought differently.

Once Hinkie and Colangelo were out though.. the biggest blunder was just not keeping Jimmy. That was a terrible move. They missed out on at least 1 chip with that trade IMO.
                All they've got to show from the last 10 years, and 4 GMs, is the guy Hinkie drafted and was ready to start building around: Embiid. Most of the rest has just been mistake after mistake.

Comment

I mean if you give the guy a million draft picks he's bound to hit on some of them. I think his flops outweigh his wins and don't see a great eye for talent, just hitting the board some because he had so many darts. There's a reason Hinkie is out of the league.

Here's his picks.

Noel (6th) - Bust
                  MCW (11th) - Bust
                  Kazemi (54th) - who?
                  Embiid (3rd) - great
                  Saric (12th) - meh
                  McDaniels (32nd) - Bust
                  Grant (39th) - great pick
                  Micic (52nd) - who?
                  Mcrae (58th) - who?
                  Pierre Jackson (42nd) - who?
                  Okafor (3rd) - Bust
                  Holmes (37th) - Good pick
                  Tokoto (58th) - who?

So I count 3 good picks, 4 busts, 1 meh pick, and a bunch of guys if you blinked you missed them or never even made the league.

Doesn't seem like a great eye for talent to me. Especially since he whiffed on 3-5 first round picks and only got a great player with one 1 of them (Embiid) and he got lucky there Embiid became healthy after missing his first 2 seasons, easily could have been another bust.

Comment

I mean if you give the guy a million draft picks he's bound to hit on some of them. I think his flops outweigh his wins and don't see a great eye for talent, just hitting the board some because he had so many darts. There's a reason Hinkie is out of the league.

Here's his picks.

Noel (6th) - Bust
                    MCW (11th) - Bust
                    Kazemi (54th) - who?
                    Embiid (3rd) - great
                    Saric (12th) - meh
                    McDaniels (32nd) - Bust
                    Micic (52nd) - who?
                    Mcrae (58th) - who?
                    Okafor (3rd) - Bust
                    Tokoto (58th) - who?

So I count 3 good picks, 4 busts, 1 meh pick, and a bunch of guys if you blinked you missed them or never even made the league.

Doesn't seem like a great eye for talent to me. Especially since he whiffed on 3-5 first round picks and only got a great player with one 1 of them (Embiid) and he got lucky there Embiid became healthy after missing his first 2 seasons, easily could have been another bust.
                    I don't think hinkie was a very good basketball GM, but I don't think he was awful either but it seems you're supposed to think one or the other. He was basically a real life computer who thought he cracked the code on tanking.

my stance is this: if you're gonna go full hinkie, you have to be strong enough to stick it out for all the years he said it would take. They got cold feet and bailed halfway though and pulled the cake out before it was done baking. Then they went colangelo, brand, and now Morey and the 3 or 4 years under hinkie are just a wasted half measure.

Comment

Here's his picks.

Noel (6th) - Bust
                      MCW (11th) - Bust
                      Kazemi (54th) - who?
                      Embiid (3rd) - great
                      Saric (12th) - meh
                      McDaniels (32nd) - Bust
                      Micic (52nd) - who?
                      Mcrae (58th) - who?
                      Okafor (3rd) - Bust
                      Tokoto (58th) - who?

An 11th or 12th pick is not typically a star.. for guys that are still around in the league that's not bad. I mean at that range you are hoping to pick a guy that's still in the league. MCW wasn't a bust at 11. Yeah he missed on Giannis, but everyone almost did.

Guys in the late 50's never pan out. Remember Dewan Hernandez? Exactly.

And we don't know who he picks in 2016. Or what he does in 2017. But he got that #3 pick from the #5 pick before Colangelo flipped it again. He also got them the 2018 pick which ended up being Mikal Bridges.

Noel (6th) - Bust - only in the sense that they traded Jrue for him. But he was still an okay pick. They missed on McCollum and Giannis essentially (but so did a lot of guys).

MCW (11th) - Bust - not a bust.. pretty great pick for #11 in that draft.
                      Kazemi (54th) - who? - the 54th pick can be a bust? - harsh critic
                      Embiid (3rd) - great - super awesome pick actually.
                      Saric (12th) - meh - again a pretty good pick for #12 in that draft.
                      McDaniels (32nd) - Bust - a 32nd pick is a bust now? He played 3 seasons. Decent role player for a bit there.
                      Grant (39th) - great pick - yup
                      Micic (52nd) - who? - see Kazemi
                      Mcrae (58th) - who? - see Kazemi
                      Pierre Jackson (42nd) - who? - what draft was this in.. who did they miss out on?
                      Okafor (3rd) - Bust - yup, agree
                      Holmes (37th) - Good pick - yup
                      Tokoto (58th) - who? - see Kazemi

I count 1 legit bust in Okafor. Noel was a buzzkill because they got rid of Jrue who's an all-star for him. But outside of Giannis and McCollum I don't really see anyone else that they missed out on there. With Giannis everyone but Milawaukee and Masai was looking at him.

I think MCW and Saric were pretty great picks at 11 and 12. You might be overrating low end lottery picks though.

Comment

Here's his picks.

Noel (6th) - Bust
                        MCW (11th) - Bust
                        Kazemi (54th) - who?
                        Embiid (3rd) - great
                        Saric (12th) - meh
                        McDaniels (32nd) - Bust
                        Micic (52nd) - who?
                        Mcrae (58th) - who?
                        Okafor (3rd) - Bust
                        Tokoto (58th) - who?

Also traded away Mikal Bridges for Zhaire Smith and a pick.
                        Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri May 13, 2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

An 11th or 12th pick is not typically a star.. for guys that are still around in the league that's not bad. I mean at that range you are hoping to pick a guy that's still in the league. MCW wasn't a bust at 11. Yeah he missed on Giannis, but everyone almost did.

Guys in the late 50's never pan out. Remember Dewan Hernandez? Exactly.

And we don't know who he picks in 2016. Or what he does in 2017. But he got that #3 pick from the #5 pick before Colangelo flipped it again. He also got them the 2018 pick which ended up being Mikal Bridges.

Noel (6th) - Bust - only in the sense that they traded Jrue for him. But he was still an okay pick. They missed on McCollum and Giannis essentially (but so did a lot of guys).

MCW (11th) - Bust - not a bust.. pretty great pick for #11 in that draft.
                          Kazemi (54th) - who? - the 54th pick can be a bust? - harsh critic
                          Embiid (3rd) - great - super awesome pick actually.
                          Saric (12th) - meh - again a pretty good pick for #12 in that draft.
                          McDaniels (32nd) - Bust - a 32nd pick is a bust now? He played 3 seasons. Decent role player for a bit there.
                          Grant (39th) - great pick - yup
                          Micic (52nd) - who? - see Kazemi
                          Mcrae (58th) - who? - see Kazemi
                          Pierre Jackson (42nd) - who? - what draft was this in.. who did they miss out on?
                          Okafor (3rd) - Bust - yup, agree
                          Holmes (37th) - Good pick - yup
                          Tokoto (58th) - who? - see Kazemi

I count 1 legit bust in Okafor. Noel was a buzzkill because they got rid of Jrue who's an all-star for him. But outside of Giannis and McCollum I don't really see anyone else that they missed out on there. With Giannis everyone but Milawaukee and Masai was looking at him.

I think MCW and Saric were pretty great picks at 11 and 12. You might be overrating low end lottery picks though.
                          Those picks count as busts because Hinkies whole strategy was to get more picks and they didn't turn into NBA players, let alone nba starters. Why deal all of your current good players for picks and then use them on guys who never play or contribute? The process was a massive failure and was never going to work. They traded good players for all those 2nd round picks that amounted to nothing so they were part of Hinkies brilliant plan.

MCW was a bust because by the time Embiid played his first season MCW was trash. He isn't even in the league anymore. How is he not a bust?

They had a decent team and totally dismantled it for picks and to purposefully suck in the theory that would build a championship team. It didn't work at all and was a massive failure.

Comment

Those picks count as busts because Hinkies whole strategy was to get more picks and they didn't turn into NBA players, let alone nba starters. Why deal all of your current good players for picks and then use them on guys who never play or contribute? The process was a massive failure and was never going to work. They traded good players for all those 2nd round picks that amounted to nothing so they were part of Hinkies brilliant plan.

MCW was a bust because by the time Embiid played his first season MCW was trash. He isn't even in the league anymore. How is he not a bust?

They had a decent team and totally dismantled it for picks and to purposefully suck in the theory that would build a championship team. It didn't work at all and was a massive failure.
                            Who were the good players Hinkie traded for all those picks? I only recall Jrue Holiday. You have any other names? Was it Alexy Shved? Sergei Lishouk? Cenk Akyol? Brandon Davies? Arnett Moultrie? Casper Ware?

He did trade Thad Young for a 2016 first round pick (not second rounder) which became TLC (Timothe Luwawu-Cabaret) but Bryan made that pick, not him.

MCW was the 11th pick in the draft, and played 10 seasons. That's not that bad. Look at the history of the league and pick out all the guys picked at #11 and see how many years they played. Again you are likely overrating low end lottery picks. Besides he ended up flipping MCW for another lottery pick that ended up becoming Mikhal Bridges.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Bad Defense? Check
                              Chucker? Check.

Kinda sounds like 2015 Derozan. It wouldn't be long until you're also eating him alive, Dr. Lecter
                              I believe with different team and different culture, system, coaching, mentality..his approach would be different..u sit down with Masai, Bobby and Coach Nurse..they would have a plan to make him better player. Remember..Kawli..this guy didn't not want come toronto..but they sold him, came and won chip. Look at him now, left, no where 2 be seen.
                              I'm just saying..players that come 2 this team.. they buy into winning. Like Masai said. It's about winning guys. Kid is so talented, needs a change and chance 2 succeed.
                              As for Derozan, I'm not big fan when he was with raptors, but he has matured and become a really good player. If he was what he is now, raptors would of never moved him. Like I said, sometimes a different team changes a individual.
                              I can c that same thing with Donovan.
                              Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Fri May 13, 2022, 07:12 PM.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Bad Defense? Check
                                Chucker? Check.

First of all he is the best playoff scorer in the past 3 seasons.... secondly he is actually a way better shooter than you are suggesting. He is a chucker partially by necessity. He is also miscast but partially becuase there are no other options. Rudy isn't it. ... Conley is washed and has been for a number of years. Bogan.... eh good shooter and decent playmaker but thats about it. Their entire perimeter defence is focused on funnelling evryething into rudy.. when that doesn't happen or when rudy goes off its a free lane. THAT is a big part of the problem. It is partially a problem which stems from the system he plays in (designed to highlight goberts excelence onf defence yes but also playing 4 v 5 on the other end and having donovan basically be options 1/2/3/4 at times for his entire coach./

Donovan was a good defender coming out of college too.. and he has the wing span so it is a bit confusing what happened but he has the tools and athleticism to do it. The thing is he can focus on scoring and not ncessarily have to be offense for an entire team because we would still have pascal, og,and barnes who are all talented offensively.

Donovan mitchell is 16th in the NBA for efficiency on pullup 3point shots... which is elite elite elite. FVV is not. He is better while being defended I may have posted it earlier but here is the comparison again:

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1628378/shots-dash

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1627832/shooting

Comment

Working...
                                X