Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Miami-Boston series is already testy. Going to get nasty if it goes 6 or 7.

Comment

• I'd lose my mind if I had to sit anywhere near that annoying screaming drunk Miami fan. Constant and annoying yelling gibberish.

Also celtics missing key players is a huge blow to thier chances.

Comment

• Watching the bigs of both Boston and Miami, I cannot fathom that Masai and Bobby just had a half a season-half injured overpaid bum in Birch to show for.

This team deserved better.

Comment

• Eric Spoelstra saying butler plays to win is annoying. I know there's a few lazy players like harden and a few on other teams, but I'm sorry boston's player are "playing to win" too.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Watching the bigs of both Boston and Miami, I cannot fathom that Masai and Bobby just had a half a season-half injured overpaid bum in Birch to show for.

This team deserved better.
            Birch wasn't near as bad as you say, and he's not paid that much. Injuries aren't his fault. You mad at og, siakam and vanvleet for thier injuries too?

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Birch wasn't near as bad as you say, and he's not paid that much. Injuries aren't his fault. You mad at og, siakam and vanvleet for thier injuries too?
              We’ve been through this calisthenics before, you defending the indefensible and me saying Birch SUCKED. I admire your resilience.

Comment

Eric Spoelstra saying butler plays to win is annoying. I know there's a few lazy players like harden and a few on other teams, but I'm sorry boston's player are "playing to win" too.
                Just bracing myself for the inevitable nauseating Heat Culture stories. And we can't root for the C**tics either. Talk about a lose-lose ECF.

Comment

I'd lose my mind if I had to sit anywhere near that annoying screaming drunk Miami fan. Constant and annoying yelling gibberish.

Also celtics missing key players is a huge blow to thier chances.

Lowry is hurt for Miami, so both teams are missing guys. The Horford thing is absolutely absurd but hopefully he’s back for game 2.

Comment

• Playoff Jimmy!
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So Duncan Robinson is so shitty he was a healthy scratch for Miami? Good thing they're paying him $90M over 5 years. These sharp shooters that can't defend become unplayable in the playoffs. I'm glad we always go defense first.

Another interesting note about the playoffs. Celtics-Bucks Game 7 was the most watched Eastern Conference Semifinals game since 2012, averaging 7.5 million viewers per ESPN.

Hopefully NBA execs are taking note, the fans love parity and want to see competitive series, not super teams. Giannis is the only star player in that series and it's the best ratings in a decade.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        So Duncan Robinson is so shitty he was a healthy scratch for Miami? Good thing they're paying him $90M over 5 years. These sharp shooters that can't defend become unplayable in the playoffs. I'm glad we always go defense first.

Another interesting note about the playoffs. Celtics-Bucks Game 7 was the most watched Eastern Conference Semifinals game since 2012, averaging 7.5 million viewers per ESPN.

Hopefully NBA execs are taking note, the fans love parity and want to see competitive series, not super teams. Giannis is the only star player in that series and it's the best ratings in a decade.
                        'Won't' defend.
                        To be honest, any NBA player can be a decent defender of they put their heart to it.
                        Wiggins has become a good defender for GSW.

Re parity and super teams, that trend might be reversing.
                        Those diva are ageing and today's young stars (Luka, Ja ) seem to be proud loyal players in the mold of Giannis.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

I think all 3 beat us

But we would’ve looked a lot better against the other two teams. Embiid won the series for them by way of opening up everything for everyone else due to needing to be doubled every single time.
                          I still disagree. Perhaps we gave him too much attention, and if so, thats on the Raps. We certainly gave harden too much attention early in the series like kage mentioned. I just don't think Embiid did anything out of the ordinary, he didn't elevate his game. He probably didn't have to, and that's the problem. Hey, if we lose and Embiid is even better than the regular season then so be it, props to him. But I didn't feel like he was a big deal or the biggest issue. Maxey was great in their wins, Harris too and harden picked us apart in the early games, and played a smart game to close out the series. Tatum, butler, giannis, those guys are bigger problems than embiid.

Comment

• Am I the only one surprised at how big of a favorite the Warriors are in their series against the Mavs?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Pat Bev has been great on the ESPN hot take shows this week.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Am I the only one surprised at how big of a favorite the Warriors are in their series against the Mavs?
                                no, it is crazy. they were pretty big favorites to win the title, not just the series. i would have thought boston should be favored, prior to last night. both series are basically pick-em's now in my mind (considering celtics are 1 in the hole and the injuries).

golden state has looked so disorganized and klay is completely erratic offensively, and defensively they are missing payton, iguodala, and younger klay. they've also looked pretty bad at times in past runs and turned it around, so who knows. i would not put money on either series.

Comment

Working...
                                X