Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post
    also the heat starters scored 18 points combined in that game. unbelievable. that's gotta be a failure record
    #Culture
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Why does Nash “deserve” a ring? He was a sieve on defense and he benefited from D’Antoni’s system when it was new and caught teams off guard in the regular season. His 2 MVPs are probably more than he actually deserved.
      Like I said, I don't think any player "deserves" one. But if you're going to hand them out based on birth certificates, Nash gets one long before Wiggins

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

What kind of analogy is that. Lol
        Hardworking kids at Tim's deserve a raise too though.

Also I can't understand why you don't think Wiggins deserve a ring.
        Just because I think it's really hard to impossible to "deserve" one and he doesn't.

It's just a word and maybe you think it's a shame he hasn't won one or you like him and it would be cool to see him win one or cool to see a Canadian win one. No problem with that, but nah, he doesn't deserve one.
        Last edited by G__Deane; Tue May 24, 2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Like I said, I don't think any player "deserves" one. But if you're going to hand them out based on birth certificates, Nash gets one long before Wiggins
          Nash was born in South Africa.

Comment

Nash was born in South Africa.
            Yup, but his Nationality is Canadian.

Stephen John Nash, OC, OBC, basketball player (born 7 February 1974 in Johannesburg, South Africa). Steve Nash is widely considered the greatest Canadian basketball player of all time. He is a two-time National Basketball Association (NBA) Most Valuable Player (MVP) and the first Canadian to win the award. A point guard, Nash was an eight-time NBA all-star. He ranks third on the NBA’s all-time assists leaderboard with 10,335 and second in career free-throw percentage with 90.43 per cent. He represented Canada in international competition and led the Canadian Senior Men’s National Team to the quarter-finals of the 2000 Olympic Summer Games. Nash is a three-time winner of the Lionel Conacher Award as Canada’s best male athlete. He won the Lou Marsh Trophy as Canada’s top athlete in 2005. He is an Officer of the Order of Canada and has been inducted into the Order of British Columbia, Canada’s Walk of Fame, the Phoenix Suns Ring of Honour and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. He was named to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame on 27 May 2020 and will be formally inducted in 2021. He was named the head coach of the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets on 3 September 2020.

Comment

Just because I think it's really hard to impossible to "deserve" one and he doesn't.

It's just a word and maybe you think it's a shame he hasn't won one or you like him and it would be cool to see him win one or cool to see a Canadian win one. No problem with that, but nah, he doesn't deserve one.
              Anyone who wins a ring deserves it. Nash didn't deserve it. Never got out of the 2nd round.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Anyone who wins a ring deserves it. Nash didn't deserve it. Never got out of the 2nd round.
                disagree.

also i miss the heyday of basketbawful

Comment

Yup, but his Nationality is Canadian.

Stephen John Nash, OC, OBC, basketball player (born 7 February 1974 in Johannesburg, South Africa). Steve Nash is widely considered the greatest Canadian basketball player of all time. He is a two-time National Basketball Association (NBA) Most Valuable Player (MVP) and the first Canadian to win the award. A point guard, Nash was an eight-time NBA all-star. He ranks third on the NBA’s all-time assists leaderboard with 10,335 and second in career free-throw percentage with 90.43 per cent. He represented Canada in international competition and led the Canadian Senior Men’s National Team to the quarter-finals of the 2000 Olympic Summer Games. Nash is a three-time winner of the Lionel Conacher Award as Canada’s best male athlete. He won the Lou Marsh Trophy as Canada’s top athlete in 2005. He is an Officer of the Order of Canada and has been inducted into the Order of British Columbia, Canada’s Walk of Fame, the Phoenix Suns Ring of Honour and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. He was named to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame on 27 May 2020 and will be formally inducted in 2021. He was named the head coach of the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets on 3 September 2020.
                  Speaking of deserving... how come Larry Walker never got the Order of Canada? Or even OBC? He accomplished as much (maybe more) than Nash did in MLB. He's pretty much the Steve Nash of baseball. And, unlike Nash, he made a World Series (... and got swept, lol). And Walker's birth certificate actually says Canada.

Comment

disagree.

also i miss the heyday of basketbawful
                    Why are we comparing role players winning championship to MVPs who should be leading their teams to championships? Or at least finals.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I know what you're saying but John Salley won 4, as many as Shaq, Manu, Tony Parker, McHale, Bird and Lebron.
                      As we know, Patrick McCaw deserved to win 3

Comment

Why are we comparing role players winning championship to MVPs who should be leading their teams to championships? Or at least finals.
                        i don't really follow your questioning as i wasn't making any comparisons. just responding to the bolded part of keon's statement.

there are bus drivers and bus riders, like chuck said. and then there are the riders in the back of the bus firing spitballs and paper airplanes at the driver and it's a miracle the thing doesn't crash.

not sure those riders deserve a ring, contrary to keon's statement. that's all i was saying

Comment

i don't really follow your questioning as i wasn't making any comparisons. just responding to the bolded part of keon's statement.

there are bus drivers and bus riders, like chuck said. and then there are the riders in the back of the bus firing spitballs and paper airplanes at the driver and it's a miracle the thing doesn't crash.

not sure those riders deserve a ring, contrary to keon's statement. that's all i was saying
                          Ah, I get it now. Like how Jordan Loyd (aka random guy in a suit) gets a ring, but JV doesn’t even get a crackerjack box replica.

Comment

Ah, I get it now. Like how Jordan Loyd (aka random guy in a suit) gets a ring, but JV doesn’t even get a crackerjack box replica.
                            yes, exactly

Comment

Wiggins is a starter.
                              it's not like he's a bench warmer or a practice player.
                              He plays a big part in that team. He deserves a ring.

Did Marc Gasol deserve his ring?
                              If your answer is yes, then why not Wiggins?
                              If No, then why not?

Stop hating, bro. It's so obvious.
                              Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue May 24, 2022, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Wiggins is a starter.
                                it's not like he's a bench warmer or a practice player.
                                He plays a big part in that team. He deserves a ring.

Did Marc Gasol deserve his ring?
                                If your answer is yes, then why not Wiggins?
                                If No, then why not?

Stop hating, bro. It's so obvious.
                                No hating, don't be a jack azz.

You're starting (just starting to make more sense). Of course Marc deserved a ring playing on and contributing to a hip winning club.
                                So if you're saying Wiggins is starting and contributing so he deserves a ring, that different, of course he does.
                                But I took it (as it looks like most here did) that you were saying Wiggins is a good guy, worked hard and he Canadian! so he deserves one and to that I'd still call bullshit.

But again, stop the hating comments, it's so weak. I have zero reasons to hate on Wiggins, what's there to hate? A decent player that's never accomplished much to this point. Lots of those guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X