Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

No hating, don't be a jack azz.

You're starting (just starting to make more sense). Of course Marc deserved a ring playing on and contributing to a hip winning club.
    So if you're saying Wiggins is starting and contributing so he deserves a ring, that different, of course he does.
    But I took it (as it looks like most here did) that you were saying Wiggins is a good guy, worked hard and he Canadian! so he deserves one and to that I'd still call bullshit.

But again, stop the hating comments, it's so weak. I have zero reasons to hate on Wiggins, what's there to hate? A decent player that's never accomplished much to this point. Lots of those guys.
    You didn't know that Wiggins is a starter and contributor?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

You didn't know that Wiggins is a starter and contributor?
      You've totally lost the plot. Cya

Comment

You've totally lost the plot. Cya
        That's a given.
        Everyone knows what his role is in that team, in the regular season AND especially in this playoffs.

what's your REAL excuse other than just being a plain hater.

Comment

That's a given.
          Everyone knows what his role is in that team, in the regular season AND especially in this playoffs.

what's your REAL excuse other than just being a plain hater.
          You're just continuing to be a jack azz, trying to create hate where there is none. Weak azz hate mongerer trying to turn a civil discussion about whether a player actually "deserves" a ring or just should get one, into a hate discussion. Others above seem to get it, you are clueless, the only question is whether you are trying to be for attention.

Comment

• So based on where this thread has gone I assume the playoffs have pretty much sucked?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              So based on where this thread has gone I assume the playoffs have pretty much sucked?
              I'd say it kind of has. The parity all out blood bath I was excited for is now just more looking like the 4 remaining of a bunch of very flawed teams. Golden State looks to be the favorite to another ring, with a team that would get thumped by any of their iterations from 2015-18.

I don't like super teams, but I just don't find it very compelling this year. The Bucks and the 6ers are probably the best teams but injuries sunk them, and I'm not sure what happened to the Phoenix Suns. But Suns v Warriors, Bucks v someone looked a lot more fun in March than what we have now.

It's been real, sports. But I think once the NHL Calgary Flames are eliminated I'm pretty much ready to check out for the summer and go outside and do other stuff. Wake me up for the NBA draft, and Blue Jays in September.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'd like to see a Celtics/Mavs Final but doubt we will. EDM/Bolts Final could be interesting, like to see McWizard take the next step. Flames in the Final would be nuts. I'll watch the Jays because Jays = Summer but lots and lots else to do.

Political bullchit and strikes and superteams have taught me that I don't have to live and die with sports....

Comment

So based on where this thread has gone I assume the playoffs have pretty much sucked?
                  It's the near record number of blowouts that is diminishing the buzz from the early rounds. Like a good drama, there's no suspense. Sometimes the games are over by half-time. And very few dramatic finishes (*cough* 4-bouncer *cough*). Maybe the injuries are also a factor here.

Despite all that... the NBA is drawing record viewership for these playoffs. Nielsen ratings, FTW!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's the near record number of blowouts that is diminishing the buzz from the early rounds. Like a good drama, there's no suspense. Sometimes the games are over by half-time. And very few dramatic finishes (*cough* 4-bouncer *cough*). Maybe the injuries are also a factor here.

Despite all that... the NBA is drawing record viewership for these playoffs. Nielsen ratings, FTW!
                    The only thing left you can't pvr or stream binge watch. Selling sports to networks these days is like selling Crack to addicts. You don't even have to try.

Comment

You're just continuing to be a jack azz, trying to create hate where there is none. Weak azz hate mongerer trying to turn a civil discussion about whether a player actually "deserves" a ring or just should get one, into a hate discussion. Others above seem to get it, you are clueless, the only question is whether you are trying to be for attention.
                      What is it that others get? That a starter and a contributor doesn't deserve a ring?
                      That you don't know that Wiggins are both?

Many people are mad at Wiggins for not playing for Team Canada.
                      And just coz he plays for the Warriors.

I don't know which one of those are you.

I don't need attention, just wondering why you can't accept that he deserves a ring.

Comment

What is it that others get? That a starter and a contributor doesn't deserve a ring?
                        That you don't know that Wiggins are both?

Many people are mad at Wiggins for not playing for Team Canada.
                        And just coz he plays for the Warriors.

I don't know which one of those are you.

I don't need attention, just wondering why you can't accept that he deserves a ring.
                        Bud you continue to be unable to understand that our definition of "deserves" is different, that's it that's all.
                        SHOULD he get one if the Warriors prevail, OF COURSE and I'd be happy for him.

Golden stated above that Nash didn't deserve a ring either. Why don't you spend some time walking up and down him? Call him a hater lol

Comment

Bud you continue to be unable to understand that our definition of "deserves" is different, that's it that's all.

Golden stated above that Nash didn't deserve a ring either. Why don't you spend some time walking up and down him? Call him a hater lol
                          That was me. I'm golden

I'm just confused about this semantics fight about "deserving" a ring. You know when you deserve a ring? When you win a ring. That's why had Steve Nash doesn't deserve a ring. He wasn't robbed, or cheated, or injured at the end, no, he just lost. He had first place teams, he was the mvp and bus driver, and he couldn't do it. The end.

Wiggins, if he contributes and wins a ring, well then he deserves it. Seems like you're just trying to play judge and jury based on guys you like or don't like deserving good things to happen to them.

Rings are not for nice guys and they're not a Charlie hustle achievement. They're what you get when you win a tournament. So by nature, win and you deserve it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Game 1 Boston-Miami was it for me. I can't stand the Celtics or Golden State, so it's tough to watch. Plus, baseball is on.

Comment

I didn't understand how you define 'deserves' because it's obviously automatic to anyone that wins a ring.

This is a list of players that didn't win a championship but are deserving of one.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-play...ver-won-title/

Comment

Game 1 Boston-Miami was it for me. I can't stand the Celtics or Golden State, so it's tough to watch. Plus, baseball is on.
                                Oh, there’s definitely that too. Every team, except maybe the Mavs has people, players or fan bases that make you want to puke if they win it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X