Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Key injuries on so many teams has sucked a lot of the fun out of the playoffs. The first 2 rounds were fun but the conference finals have been shitty.
    League is killing its players. Too many games, to close together. They should go to a 60 game schedule, and come up with other ideas to get their owners their money that they lose from gate receipts.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

League is killing its players. Too many games, to close together. They should go to a 60 game schedule, and come up with other ideas to get their owners their money that they lose from gate receipts.
      At the least they should put more time between playoff games. One day inbetween isn't enough. 2 games per week would be better.

Comment

• They're using Kyle as a scapegoat. #Culture

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kyle Lowry should not play..feel bad for him, u can c his not right..
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            They're using Kyle as a scapegoat. #Culture

who is "they"?

all that article says is that lowry is massively respected within their organization which would make it a tougher decision for them to sit him, but it is the opinion of 'outsiders' (ie. media, fans, etc) that they probably need to make that decision since he's clearly playing at about 20% and he's not gonna sit himself.

the article doesn't say anything that isn't completely obvious to anyone watching these games, and no one's scapegoating lowry unless you are referring to all of the outsiders watching the games who can all see how limited he is.

Comment

Another thing that I'm learning watching Heat games - Bam is overrated.
              i can't say i'm learning anything about this heat team based on this series. lowry, jimmy, herro, strus all hurt, either out or shells of themselves. makes it pretty tough on bam with all the defensive attention on him

Comment

Lowry on pace for another zero point playoff game.
                Experience "Playoff Lowry". Favorite Raptor of all time but I can admit it now, he is NOT "Mr May" This picture reminds me of Demar and Kyle lol

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Anyway, this is the worst all around conference finals I can ever remember. The only good thing about it has been Charles Barkley vs San Francisco

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Experience "Playoff Lowry". Favorite Raptor of all time but I can admit it now, he is NOT "Mr May" This picture reminds me of Demar and Kyle lol
                    i still don't really think that's fair. he's mostly come through except for when he's been obviously injured, like he is now, or when he had the bursitis in his shooting elbow.

players are kind of damned if they do or don't. sit and they'll get labeled as soft or scared of the pressure, or play and struggle. chris paul's faced it his entire playoff career. gets labeled a choker but he's also always playing hurt.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i still don't really think that's fair. he's mostly come through except for when he's been obviously injured, like he is now, or when he had the bursitis in his shooting elbow.

players are kind of damned if they do or don't. sit and they'll get labeled as soft or scared of the pressure, or play and struggle. chris paul's faced it his entire playoff career. gets labeled a choker but he's also always playing hurt.
                      It is what it is.

Here is an article in 2018, stating Lowry is the 3rd worst post season player ever compared to reg season by the numbers.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-postseason

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It is what it is.

Here is an article in 2018, stating Lowry is the 3rd worst post season player ever compared to reg season by the numbers.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-postseason
                        would like to see that updated prior to his playoff run this season. given that the raptors were 2 games into their 2018 playoff run on the date that article came out (it was the day after their second game), i'm guessing that the 2018 playoffs are excluded, or if they are included, only one game was included.

so it's missing his three best playoff runs (18, 19, and 20). it heavily weighs the 2016 run in which we went deep (20 games) but which was also the bursitis year.

look his playoff numbers prior to 2017 are not good for a number of reasons, nagging injuries and roster construction among them, as well as plain underperforming, but his numbers from 2017 on are very good. that article only accounts for one of those years based on the time it came out.

Comment

• This is gold Jerry .....

No matter what I feel, emotions are for movies, not for basketball.” Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo after Game 4 loss to Celtics: "The thing about the playoffs: You win, you feel great, you lose, you feel terrible. ... No matter what I feel, emotions are for movies, not for basketball."

Comment

• This is the Klay Thompson the Warriors need if they want to have a chance against the Celtics.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Theyd jack up the prices.....and itd be even harder to afford to see a game. Rather they play more and increase the roster spots. Play more end of bench thru the year. Rest guys

Comment

• I hope the GSW/Celtics Finals will deliver.
                                Hard to dislike Steph but even harder to like Draymond. I find Coach Kerr annoying. Even harder to root for the Celtics but like I said, they're the definition of a TEAM and I'd like to see new blood on the Chip again.

Comment

Working...
                                X