Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But lebron agreed he was going to win "not 1, not two, not three" just in Miami
    He's also been the best player in every Finals and lost more than he's won ....
    exactly. he's historically stacked the deck every chance he's had the moment he bolted cleveland the first time, and it still hasn't worked because standing in the corner waiting for a pass is not the best use of a lot of players.

and the warriors were not seen as some juggernaut in waiting when mark jackson was there. it took an adept coach who played for other visionary coaches who inherently understood the value of moving the ball, and an uncommonly unselfish superstar, to become what they've become.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Meh. What if Lebron got drafted into a better organization? What if Steph got drafted by the Knicks? There's a lot more that goes into winning championships after you acquire the superstar. Steph was fortunate, because you have to admit the Warriors have been run like a well-oiled machine since Lacob, Myers and Kerr have been the leadership. Light years ahead, they arrogantly said, and that's been mostly true... on and off the court.
      Fortunate? again, people here have short memories. The Warriors were a perennial losing team before Curry arrived. In terms of mediocrity they were up there with the Kings and Clippers.

Lacob bought the Warriors in 2010. The Warriors drafted Curry in 2009. The fortunate one is Lacob because no way this would be all possible without Curry. He completely changed that franchise just like MJ did with the Bulls and Duncan with the Spurs.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

People love to dismiss Steph in the all time great rankings. But if they pull this off he has 4 titles in 6 appearances. LeBron is what 4 for 10?
        He's top 10 all time imo. He didn't just change the Warriors franchise, he completely changed the game.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Since we all hate Boston and there is a Canadian on the Warriors I have to root for Steph and the boys. Steph also spent time here as a youngster.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
            Since we all hate Boston and there is a Canadian on the Warriors I have to root for Steph and the boys. Steph also spent time here as a youngster.
            I'm becoming OK with either; I'm warming up to Wiggins.
            But I still grudgingly admire the Celtics as a scrappy, hard working lunch bucket team.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Fortunate? again, people here have short memories. The Warriors were a perennial losing team before Curry arrived. In terms of mediocrity they were up there with the Kings and Clippers.

Lacob bought the Warriors in 2010. The Warriors drafted Curry in 2009. The fortunate one is Lacob because no way this would be all possible without Curry. He completely changed that franchise just like MJ did with the Bulls and Duncan with the Spurs.
              100%
              That makes Steph the greatest warrior of all time.

Comment

So you’re saying if Steph ends up in the Kings or Twolves, they don’t mess it up?

Even the Warriors almost messed it up if they hung onto Mark Jackson.

You can’t truly believe the franchise has zero impact on winning championships.
                Last edited by golden; Wed Jun 1, 2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Gotta root for the Warriors. I have no beef with that team. They're an all time franchise, but just so happens they couldn't beat the Raptors when it mattered most. I don't want Boston to have that claim as well. Warriors in 6.

Comment

So you’re saying if Steph ends up in the Kings or Twolves, they don’t mess it up?

Its not one or the other. Its a combination of everything. Drafting Curry, followed by Klay and Draymond. Hiring Kerr, making good trades, good player development, and so on.

Comment

You're starting to sound like Jerry Krause.

Again, the Warriors were a perennial losing team before Curry got there. The teams that you mentioned, the Kings and the Wolves before 2009 actually had more success than the Warriors. The Kings had the Webber era and the Wolves had the KG era. The Warriors from 1995 to 2012 made the playoffs ONCE and that was the 2007 We Believe team. That was their history. So why the sudden turn around? Steph Curry. Myers did a good job assembling the team but this wouldn't be possible without Curry. I don't care how great of a GM you are if don't have that superstar player you're not going to win anything. Just ask RC Buford. Buford is known as one of the best in the league right? at least that was the narrative when they were winning those championships. So how are the Spurs doing these days without Duncan?

So to answer your question, yes. If a team like the Knicks or I don't know the Wizards drafted Curry they'd probably be where the Warriors are right now.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

So to answer your question, yes. If a team like the Knicks or I don't know the Wizards drafted Curry they'd probably be where the Warriors are right now.
                        How many titles does he have without BOTH Dray and Klay in the lineup?

It's not tennis, its a team game, Stephen A.

If thats the case, Curry would turn Wiz or Knicks into Warriors on his own, then that must mean he's hands down the best player in the world? Otherwise, the best player in the world would win the championship or make the finals every single year
                        Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Jun 2, 2022, 01:14 PM.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'll give another example. I'm an Oilers fan. The greatest player of all time plays for my team(yes, McDavid is better than Gretzky and i'm not exaggerating).The Oilers have a shitty management, they have a shitty owner, they have a rookie coach, their roster have a lot of flaws. But guess fucking what!? we might win the whole thing this year. How? because we have Connor freakin McDavid that's how.

Now, replace McDavid with just another average player and replace the shitty management with elite, elite management. Do you think the Oilers would be where they are right now? the answer is no.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'll give another example. I'm an Oilers fan. The greatest player of all time plays for my team(yes, McDavid is better than Gretzky and i'm not exaggerating).The Oilers have a shitty management, they have a shitty owner, they have a rookie coach, their roster have a lot of flaws. But guess fucking what!? we might win the whole thing this year. How? because we have Connor freakin McDavid that's how.

Now, replace McDavid with just another average player and replace the shitty management with elite, elite management. Do you think the Oilers would be where they are right now? the answer is no.
                            But... aren't there 4 teams in the same spot as the Oilers right now, except with no McDavid? And hasn't McDavid been the best player in the league for a few years now?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'll give another example. I'm an Oilers fan. The greatest player of all time plays for my team(yes, McDavid is better than Gretzky and i'm not exaggerating).The Oilers have a shitty management, they have a shitty owner, they have a rookie coach, their roster have a lot of flaws. But guess fucking what!? we might win the whole thing this year. How? because we have Connor freakin McDavid that's how.

1. Gretzky takes a shit on McDavid. Mcdavid loses scoring races to his own teammate lol.

2. They will not win the whole thing, they've had a fairtly easy path to the 3rd round but are the 4th best team remaining

3. Just last year the Oilers with their stunning Connor McDavid were swept out of the first round. Nearly bounced again in the first round this year by the 16th seed. So I'll reserve judgement before they win a couple games this series against a real contender.

Strike 1, 2, 3 bad takes....YERRR OUT!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

But... aren't there 4 teams in the same spot as the Oilers right now, except with no McDavid? And hasn't McDavid been the best player in the league for a few years now?
                                The other 3 teams have combination of both. They have great management and they have great players(which is really what you want). My argument was you can win playing for a shitty management and a dysfunctional franchise if you have that one great player. But a great historic franchise with great management would never win without that one great player.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X