Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back on topic...

i don't think kerr can play poole in this series. he got killed defensively tonight. if iguodala and payton are good to go they should get all of poole's minutes.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
      back on topic...

i don't think kerr can play poole in this series. he got killed defensively tonight. if iguodala and payton are good to go they should get all of poole's minutes.
      After their first round series I thought he was in line for a $100 million contract. His D is so bad he is costing himself big bucks.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

After their first round series I thought he was in line for a $100 million contract. His D is so bad he is costing himself big bucks.
        There were a few people here proposing trades for him and calling him a superstar, so don't feel bad. He's not always going to be playing next to 3 HOF's so will probably look a bit closer to what this game looked like. Still, he can make shots and that will get him paid.

Comment

• Steph Curry is still out of this world good.
          Celtics are the very definition of a TEAM.

Just gonna keep saying it til everyone agrees.....grudging admiration

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

But is it really a hot take? In the history of the game, name me a player with a mix of speed and skill of McDavid? no one comes close.

Anyway, I guess i'm just ahead of the curve like always because one day, maybe a year from now or 2 years from now just like the MJ or LeBron debate, people will be debating who's greater McDavid or Gretzky.

Btw, McDavid has already broke a couple of Gretzky's records. McDavid is also on pace for 52 points in these playoffs if Edmonton goes to the Cup Final. Gretzky holds the single postseason record with 47 points.

Also, hockey is not like basketball where one player can carry a whole team and automatically transform a team into a contender. But guess what McDavid is doing? the ONLY reason the Oilers are where they are right now is because of McDavid.
            Uhh... if you are going to have debates about the historical status of NHL players you may want to brush up on your NHL history. Gretzky put up those 47 points in 18 games. McDavid has 29 points in 14 games so far. Yeah, if you play 6-7 games every series you will score more points. Not only did Gretzky take care of his opposition with ease in those runs but he also played in an era of 5 game series in the first round. In Gretzky's entire Edmonton career he never played more than 21 games.

McDavid's minimum number of games played this playoff run would be 22 games. The closest comparable would be Gretzky's age 32 season with the Kings near the end of his career where he put up 40 points in 24 games.

It's a great credit to McDavid that these comparisons are not more lopsided. But it's not really that close yet.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My analysis - Rocky 3.

The Warriors don't have the eye of the tiger anymore and they're facing a hungry, hungry challenger. I know Rocky ended up winning the fight in the movie but I don't think that is going to be the case in this series.

Celtics in 5 or 6(unfortunately).
              Defensively, Klay is not back yet.
              And Curry is being targeted on D.
              They're making him work.

If Boston wins the next game, then yeah they take it in 5 or 6,
              otherwise it's a pick 'em in game 7.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Uhh... if you are going to have debates about the historical status of NHL players you may want to brush up on your NHL history. Gretzky put up those 47 points in 18 games. McDavid has 29 points in 14 games so far. Yeah, if you play 6-7 games every series you will score more points. Not only did Gretzky take care of his opposition with ease in those runs but he also played in an era of 5 game series in the first round. In Gretzky's entire Edmonton career he never played more than 21 games.

McDavid's minimum number of games played this playoff run would be 22 games. The closest comparable would be Gretzky's age 32 season with the Kings near the end of his career where he put up 40 points in 24 games.

It's a great credit to McDavid that these comparisons are not more lopsided. But it's not really that close yet.
                Mc David isn't even the best player in this series. Lol

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Defensively, Klay is not back yet.
                  And Curry is being targeted on D.
                  They're making him work.

If Boston wins the next game, then yeah they take it in 5 or 6,
                  otherwise it's a pick 'em in game 7.
                  At the end of the day Steph Curry played like an all time great and Jayson Tatum played like shit and the Celtics still somehow won the game. They won because their role players are better than the Warriors role players. Not sure why White and Horford got so many wide open looks from 3 last night, those two have consistently made open 3 in these playoffs.

Speaking of role players, Jordan Poole did his best Gary Trent Jr. impersonation last night. Took a lot of dumb shots, dumb decision making, soft defense, turned the ball a ton. Like Trent, If Poole is not scoring then he's pretty much useless. His soft play early in the 4th fueled the Celtics run. God I hate watching one dimensional chuckers.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Fri Jun 3, 2022, 10:30 AM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Nucks have Petey and Hughes.
                    And Oilers don't have a Demko.

They'll be fine.
                    Petey and Hughes? bahahahaha!
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's only one game and I expect GS to adjust and stretch this series out, but I'm impressed with how Boston is playing. Also it gives me hope in the direction the Raps are heading because they do a lot of things similar to Boston. Also fuck Boston.

Comment

• Boston continues to be the best team in the nba since January. Everybody picked giannis, Lotta people picked heat culture, everybody picked warriors. It pains me to say it but Boston reminds me of the 04 pistons, they shut you down 5 deep but still have enough star scorers to beat you on that side of the ball.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          It's only one game and I expect GS to adjust and stretch this series out, but I'm impressed with how Boston is playing. Also it gives me hope in the direction the Raps are heading because they do a lot of things similar to Boston. Also fuck Boston.
                          As much as I hate Boston and fuck Boston, part of me still finds it refreshing (IF and) when a team without a top 5 player wins the chip. You'd probably have to stretch it top 15 or 20 until you get to Bostons best player, and that's incredibly rare.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Draymond and Poole both played like absolute shit and the Warriors need them to be good, especially Draymond. If he keeps laying turds the Warriors are screwed.

Comment

You do know the Oilers are down 0-2 and got skunked 4-0 in game 2 right?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills hearing you bloviating about McDavid when his team is getting their ass kicked.

Comment

Let's wait until McDavid carries his team past Colorado first before we go back to how he is better than Gretzky, shall we?

Comment

Working...
                                X