Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm Kerr I'd take Poole out of the rotation. He's a defensive liability and he's not giving you any offense. His chucking style isn't going to work against great defensive teams like Boston.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So much more fun to cheer for Curry rather than against Curry. I’m watching a lineup of Pritchard, Nesmith and Tiece. How TF are we not in the finals?

Comment

• An entire 4q of garbage time. Maybe (hopefully) the Dubs are just the better team

Comment

• James Harden got so much vitriol in these playoffs because of his play. If Harden is washed up then what is Klay? how come he's not getting the kind of criticism that Harden got? and how come the announcers in this game are acting like Klay is still Klay? that he's just "struggling?"
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Looney says “That’s all folks”. I’ll be here all week

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              James Harden got so much vitriol in these playoffs because of his play. If Harden is washed up then what is Klay? how come he's not getting the kind of criticism that Harden got? and how come the announcers in this game are acting like Klay is still Klay? that he's just "struggling?"
              Easier to say that about a guy who forced back to back trade the a guy coming off 2 major injuries. But yeah he has been back in the lineup for a bit now, he should have rhythm. May need to be a different type of player going forward more like a korver who only comes off down screen for 3s, look to get open in the corners for drive and kicks and just stop the cutting/driving.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                So much more fun to cheer for Curry rather than against Curry. I’m watching a lineup of Pritchard, Nesmith and Tiece. How TF are we not in the finals?
                Do we have a Tatum and a Brown?
                A Smart and a Horford?

Comment

• We have a Scottie

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Easier to say that about a guy who forced back to back trade the a guy coming off 2 major injuries. But yeah he has been back in the lineup for a bit now, he should have rhythm. May need to be a different type of player going forward more like a korver who only comes off down screen for 3s, look to get open in the corners for drive and kicks and just stop the cutting/driving.
                    He had been shooting 40% from 3 and averaging 19.5 points in the Playoffs. Difference is it feels like he has been more inconsistent. Some games, he misses everything and other games, he is on fire.

Comment

• I think you gotta give Klay until next season to see if he can return to what he was. Playoff basketball is pretty intense and he hasn't put this type of strain on his body in a couple of years.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        I think you gotta give Klay until next season to see if he can return to what he was. Playoff basketball is pretty intense and he hasn't put this type of strain on his body in a couple of years.
                        Klay is on the wrong side of 30 and just missed 2+ years with catastrophic injuries. He is never going to be the same as he was pre-Raptors series. This is basically who he is now.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          So much more fun to cheer for Curry rather than against Curry. I’m watching a lineup of Pritchard, Nesmith and Tiece. How TF are we not in the finals?
                          Fred being hurt the whole run (and Scottie getting hurt) is pretty much the answer on that one. East was not particularly scary this year.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Only one I like on Boston is Ime Udoka. I was really hoping he would succeed there and he's blown away my expectations. It's rare a young former player has success as a coach, and he's outperforming the golden boy who moved into management because he couldn't get over the hump. The Poppovich coaching tree is pretty damn strong.
                            Yeah, Ime Udoka is a great story. Awesome to see somebody who grinded it out and really paid their dues, be rewarded with an opportunity and make the best of it. That's the way it's supposed to be in life, but usually isn't.

But speaking of Brad Stevens... he's the golden boy wonder GM now. Rookie coaches have won the chip before, but rookie GMs making the NBA finals is pretty rare, I'd imagine.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, Ime Udoka is a great story. Awesome to see somebody who grinded it out and really paid their dues, be rewarded with an opportunity and make the best of it. That's the way it's supposed to be in life, but usually isn't.

But speaking of Brad Stevens... he's the golden boy wonder GM now. Rookie coaches have won the chip before, but rookie GMs making the NBA finals is pretty rare, I'd imagine.
                              Yeah, it's impressive from a GM standpoint as well, but far less impressive in my eyes since the team was already built, not like he did a teardown. Hiring Udoka was the big move and that paid off handsomely.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah, it's impressive from a GM standpoint as well, but far less impressive in my eyes since the team was already built, not like he did a teardown. Hiring Udoka was the big move and that paid off handsomely.
                                Stevens pushed his chips in this year for horford and Derrick white, and it's paid off handsomely. They wouldn't here without them, horford especially.

I also think he may be overrated as an nba coach, at the nba pro level, players respond to certain personalities more than x's and o's
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X