Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. Let's say the Warriors win the championship this year. Would anyone really rather have Draymond over ringless Jayson Tatum? lol. It's getting ridiculous. guyroch mentioned Charles Barkley. I'd rather have Charles Barkley's basketball career than Draymond's career. I'm taking Barkley 10/10 and it's not even close. Dude is an all time great. Top 3 PF of all time imo. Who cares if he didn't win a championship?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Perfectly said .. He carries himself like he is John Lennon ... He actually thinks he at least Charles Barkley equal cause he boasts he has championships but Barkley had to carry franchises ..

Holly crap he might actually make the HOF .. He has a ten year career with less then 6,000 career points .. Simmons gets ripped for not having developmented offensively since he has entered the league and how has Draymond expanded his offensive game ?
      I mean pretty big difference between Draymond and Simmons. Draymond was a 2nd round pick, ended up a massive steal and found his role on championship teams. Simmons was the #1 pick, wants to be a star player, but in reality is closer to being the player Draymond is.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        Dude is an all time great. Top 3 PF of all time imo. Who cares if he didn't win a championship?
        I agree that Barkley is an all time great but imo if we are looking at his overall career accomplishments he ain't even in the top 5 of all time.

1. Duncan
        2. KG
        3. Dirk
        4. Giannis (probably ends up #2 on the list)
        5. Malone
        6. Barkley
        7 Scottie Barnes (hehe maybe...)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I agree that Barkley is an all time great but imo if we are looking at his overall career accomplishments he ain't even in the top 5 of all time.

1. Duncan
          2. KG
          3. Dirk
          4. Giannis (probably ends up #2 on the list)
          5. Malone
          6. Barkley
          7 Scottie Barnes (hehe maybe...)
          I have Duncan at 1, Dirk #2 and Barkley #3.

Giannis is not a PF man. He's a point-forward like LeBron.

Anyway, Barkley is the complete definition of a unicorn. He was a 6'4 PF. 6'4! and he was dominant. You're never going to see another 6'4 PF again.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lol. Let's say the Warriors win the championship this year. Would anyone really rather have Draymond over ringless Jayson Tatum? lol. It's getting ridiculous. guyroch mentioned Charles Barkley. I'd rather have Charles Barkley's basketball career than Draymond's career. I'm taking Barkley 10/10 and it's not even close. Dude is an all time great. Top 3 PF of all time imo. Who cares if he didn't win a championship?

I was thinking ... Is Draymond's best comparison Charles Oakley ?

Comment

I have Duncan at 1, Dirk #2 and Barkley #3.

Giannis is not a PF man. He's a point-forward like LeBron.

Anyway, Barkley is the complete definition of a unicorn. He was a 6'4 PF. 6'4! and he was dominant. You're never going to see another 6'4 PF again.
              a healthy zion?

Comment

Duncan Robinson got a lot of flack for being unplayable in the last series. Jordan Poole is just as unplayable and Poole is like a better version of Gary Trent Jr.

Draymond is also unplayable. Worst player on the court. 2 points, 6 fouls in 35 mins?
                poole is a better slightly taller version of gtj that is SPOT on... he cannot create offense easily for others and thus struggles to run offence but with klay or steph out catching a break he is relied upon more.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I was thinking ... Is Draymond's best comparison Charles Oakley ?
                  Most overrated Raptor of all time. People now act like he was some sort of tough, savvy vet who was indispensable when he was really mostly just an asshole who did a lot of stupid shit. Toronto fans had a bizarre affection for those kind of tough guys for years (lots still do).

I don't like Green but he's been integral to GSW's success, though, he certainly isn't the primary reason for it. He's the right guy, in the right place at the right time and took advantage of it - good for him. But the NBA PR machine, er NBA media, acts like he's some all time great cause he won rings, which isn't really the whole story,

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

poole is a better slightly taller version of gtj that is SPOT on... he cannot create offense easily for others and thus struggles to run offence but with klay or steph out catching a break he is relied upon more.
                    LOL. Remember when Poole was the next Warrior superstar and he was Curry 2.0 and all that bullshit? It was like 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

a healthy zion?
                      Zion is 6'6.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Most overrated Raptor of all time. People now act like he was some sort of tough, savvy vet who was indispensable when he was really mostly just an asshole who did a lot of stupid shit. Toronto fans had a bizarre affection for those kind of tough guys for years (lots still do).

I don't like Green but he's been integral to GSW's success, though, he certainly isn't the primary reason for it. He's the right guy, in the right place at the right time and took advantage of it - good for him. But the NBA PR machine, er NBA media, acts like he's some all time great cause he won rings, which isn't really the whole story,
                        Toronto oakley wasn't new york oakley though. He was at one time a very good player. Draymond is obviously more skilled but of course oak would have fit nice with steph, klay and kd because steph, klay and kd
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Zion is 6'6.
                          Chuck was listed at 6'6" as well. So they are at the least very similar in size.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Chuck was listed at 6'6" as well. So they are at the least very similar in size.
                            6'4

https://www.nba.com/news/history-nba...harles-barkley
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 1990s: 6'4 Charles barkley dominates nba front courts

2020: 6'4 James harden, noted perimeter player, says he overcame adversity being "only" 6'4
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

LOL. Remember when Poole was the next Warrior superstar and he was Curry 2.0 and all that bullshit? It was like 4 weeks ago.
                                Haha yes I distinctly remember people in these threads saying that and wondering if there was another Poole in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X