Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Lol
    this has evolved from just a simple question of who's the better defender.

Anyway, it doesn't matter even if a player can guard 1-5, question is how effective he is guarding 1 -5.
    Wiggins locked down Tatum in the Finals.
    Can OG do that? i doubt it.
    OG is heavier and slower.
    He is stronger, yes. But the Tatums and the Lukas don't operate in the post where that strength is needed.
    No, the answer is no. Again, the Raptors played the Celtics in the playoffs 2 years ago. Who was the best player in that series? Jayson Tatum. That was in the 2ndt round btw. Wiggins shutdown Tatum in the NBA FINALS.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sorry Demo, there's absolutely no vindication for Tim W to be had here. He projected Wiggins to be a sure-fire Batman, when in fact, he turned out to be a nice Robin. We already had our Robins in Pascal and Lowry. Tim W still remains... Tim L.
      So instead of a number 1 pick, Wiggins ended up elevating himself to a number 4 pick (after this season) up from 7. You can live with that.

1. Embiid or Jokic.
      3. Zach Levine
      4. Andrew Wiggins
      5 Randle, Capela, Smart

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Jordan, LeBron, Kareem. My top 3. After that I think are Steph contemparies. The OG big guys, wilt and Russell, the new school big men Duncan and Shaq, and the 80s dynasty guys magic and Larry. That's my 10, it's hard to give exact numbers to 4-8 but that's why I asked.

Think he has surpassed Shaq forsure maybe Duncan.

Russell was playing in an old ear with less competition so I could see the Steph over Russell argument too. Wilt also was in the less competive era, but he was a freak athelete who may have been even better in today's league.

And I think he is right there with Larry and magic. Wouldnt be mad at anyone ranking those 3 in any order to be honest.
        i have him just outside the top 5, side by side with magic and just ahead of bird. said it before but magic and curry have made their teammates better than anyone i've ever seen, they just go about it completely differently.

(MJ, russell, kareem, wilt and lebron are my top 5)

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Here's what I'll say. I think he's the greatest PG if all time. Yes, Magic has 5 but Steph completely changed the game. Not a lot of players can say that.
          Magic can say that. He and bird brought the game out of the stone ages. College ball was more important before he showed up.

Magic had more titles, mvps, fmvps, 9 to 4 on 1st team all nba. Oh and he retired due to having aids at 32. Steph is 34. Magic was robbed of 5 more good seasons.

Its fun to change rankings, but we're not there.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Congratulations to the Warriors, the first legitimate NBA Champions since the 2019 Raptors. May we spend the next few years continuing to trade it back and forth.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Wasn't the Finals result that I wanted (not a fan of dynasties, prefer new blood) but mad respect for this team and how do you not like Curry? The best pure shooter I have ever seen, the long bombs that should just be highlight stuff became nightly stuff.

Clowning with the ring point and going to sleep stuff weren't my favourite moves though.

Without the logo, how do you hate the Celtics? Hard working talented team without any real elite top 10 superstars and just win. I'd like the Raps to be a bit more like them in some ways. Unless you can find us a Steph Curry
              man i can tell you were rooting for the celtics because although i hate the logo, this particular boston team more is up there with the 97-98 jazzers and bad boy pistons as the teams i have hated the most.

i have never seen a team fucking flop and lie cheat and cry as much as this celtics team. fucking smart is on another level with that shit. grant williams derick white jaylen brown all also bad for it.

robert willliams and al horford are the only moderately likeable players on that team

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Magic can say that. He and bird brought the game out of the stone ages. College ball was more important before he showed up.

Magic had more titles, mvps, fmvps, 9 to 4 on 1st team all nba. Oh and he retired due to having aids at 32. Steph is 34. Magic was robbed of 5 more good seasons.

You made a lot of good points. I forgot about Magic retiring early because of HIV. Curry is still in my top 10 but i'm gonna make some adjustments.

MJ
                Wilt
                Kareem
                Russell
                LeBron
                Bird
                Magic
                Steph
                Hakeem
                Shaq
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hot damn like every blasphemy and slander were all forgotten against some of those Warriors players.

Hot takes with 5 minutes expiry date for sure. Shut the *** Up already.

LOL

Anyhooo…

Amazing performance by arguably one of the greatest generational talent and game changer player. Steph deserved that FMVP.

Maple Jordan kudos to him. I once suggested a trade for him/ Kuminga/ Moody and Wiseman for Siakam. Warriors would have regretted it

What a comeback from two devastating injuries by Klay

Draymond is a special player, the stat sheet may not show it night in and night out but those intangibles are so impactful.

Poole’s contribution while Steph would take his short rests cannot be taken for granted

Steve Kerr lucky bastard.

Congrats Dubs !

Comment

• and lol at trex calling klay washed after calling him the BEST shooting guard in the league for the two years he was out. he's not quite what he was but he ended up being pretty close. the playoff numbers are indistinguishable from his playoff numbers in any other year from the 2015 through 2019 run. defense was the biggest difference, but he was damn good on that end in the last two series.

also draymond is much better than rodman, to address that convo that was going on last week. the dude is the only other player from this run whom if you took off the team they wouldn't have won. take off durant or klay or iggy or whoever and they still get at least one chip. rodman's the better rebounder and i'd call it a wash on defence, draymond is orders of magnitude better offensively.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Magic indeed was robbed, however he was already 31 years old when forced to retire and back than 31 was 31.

Not to mention the emergence of Michael Jordan & the Bulls defeating the Lakers in 5 games in the finals was pretty much almost the last nail in the coffin for that Lakers dynasty and nothing was going to stop the Chicago Bulls one (after almost a decade of dominance).

Comment

• Steph and Larry are pretty close. Larry had more all-nba's (9 vs 4). He has 3 MVP's to Steph's 2. But Steph has 4 chips in 6 final appearances. Larry has 3 in 5. Both helped change the game.

Steph will have more seasons though and Larry had to hang 'em up early. I'll still give the nod to Larry but Steph will likely surpass him by the time he's done.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

man i can tell you were rooting for the celtics because although i hate the logo, this particular boston team more is up there with the 97-98 jazzers and bad boy pistons as the teams i have hated the most.

i have never seen a team fucking flop and lie cheat and cry as much as this celtics team. fucking smart is on another level with that shit. grant williams derick white jaylen brown all also bad for it.

robert willliams and al horford are the only moderately likeable players on that team
                          Yeah, miss me with an entire summer of the media circle jerking over how Boston hangs another banner, they've been so spoiled in this century its stupid. I'd rather hear draymond gloat all year.

Anyway, Milwaukee is still the measuring stick. I don't think Philly and Miami are as good next year. BK is a massive question mark. You gotta think Toronto is aiming for 50 wins and a top 4 seed.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Magic indeed was robbed, however he was already 31 years old when forced to retire and back than 31 was 31.

Not to mention the emergence of Michael Jordan & the Bulls defeating the Lakers in 5 games in the finals was pretty much almost the last nail in the coffin for that Lakers dynasty and nothing was going to stop the Chicago Bulls one (after almost a decade of dominance).

Yeah his run at the title was maybe done regardless, but he still had some more all nbas and totals to stack up. He was 9 years consecutive 1st team the year he retired. He was nowhere near washed.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Hot damn like every blasphemy and slander were all forgotten against some of those Warriors players.

Hot takes with 5 minutes expiry date for sure. Shut the *** Up already.

LOL

Anyhooo…

Amazing performance by arguably one of the greatest generational talent and game changer player. Steph deserved that FMVP.

Maple Jordan kudos to him. I once suggested a trade for him/ Kuminga/ Moody and Wiseman for Siakam. Warriors would have regretted it

What a comeback from two devastating injuries by Klay

Draymond is a special player, the stat sheet may not show it night in and night out but those intangibles are so impactful.

Poole’s contribution while Steph would take his short rests cannot be taken for granted

Steve Kerr lucky bastard.

Congrats Dubs !
                              Siakam would actually fit like a glue in GSW.
                              We would've been smashing our heads by now if that trade materialized.
                              Wiggins is awesome, but he found his perfect team in the Warriors.
                              He will not be this successful elsewhere.

Someone pointed out that the reason Wigs had success in offence was due to Steph and Klay.
                              Partly, yes. But mostly coz of their system.
                              The way players are in constant motion, the way the ball moves around a lot.

And.. Klay is not washed. He just missed a lot of time.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Siakam would actually fit like a glue in GSW.
                                We would've been smashing our heads by now if that trade materialized.
                                Wiggins is awesome, but he found his perfect team in the Warriors.
                                He will not be this successful elsewhere.

Someone pointed out that the reason Wigs had success in offence was due to Steph and Klay.
                                Partly, yes. But mostly coz of their system.
                                The way players are in constant motion, the way the ball moves around a lot.
                                Of course it's their system and gravity. Harrison Barnes is still cashing cheques off his title in GS. KD swooped in and collected some finals mvps.

The best job in the nba for increasing your reputation is playing starting wing with steph, klay and dray.

Comment

Working...
                                X