Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Teams like Dallas, with no elite defensive players and an obvious weak link (Luka) playing elite defense all season long, and now into the playoffs... are why I continue to question Nurse's over-aggressive defensive schemes.
    I haven't seen more than 2 or 3 Dallas games all season, so my opinion is pretty meaningless. Honestly, I think a lot of it is good teams/players buying in to the coaching staff establishing a defensive identity and Kidd being a fresh voice likely went a long way by itself.

It also goes to show there are lots of ways to skin a cat.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

My interest level is next to zero but Dallas is the only one of the four left that I'd cheer for. I don't like GSW (they are the only NBA team I can remember that I lost respect for when they started winning) and I hate all Boston teams. Completely ambivalent when it comes to Miami.

I am actually all in on the NHL playoffs. Haven't watched hockey in close to 20 years but the playoffs have been way more entertaining than the NBA.
    Totally agree on the NHL. They've done an amazing job on creating parity in the league and it makes for a way more enjoyable product.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    I'm all in on Mavericks now. That's who I want to win. Mavs vs Miami would be ideal finals. Let Lowry get his swan song and Luka take over as best player in the game.
    My interest level is next to zero but Dallas is the only one of the four left that I'd cheer for. I don't like GSW (they are the only NBA team I can remember that I lost respect for when they started winning) and I hate all Boston teams. Completely ambivalent when it comes to Miami.

I am actually all in on the NHL playoffs. Haven't watched hockey in close to 20 years but the playoffs have been way more entertaining than the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Not sure about that cause Dallas' defence is pretty damn good and was right in line with Miami all season. Outside of game 5, once the series went back to Dallas in game 3, the Mavs controlled, and for long stretches dominated, the Suns offence. They did the same to Utah after the first couple games.

Miami-Boston could be interesting. If Lowry was 100% I'd go with the Heat but it feels like a long, close series to me in any case.
    Teams like Dallas, with no elite defensive players and an obvious weak link (Luka) playing elite defense all season long, and now into the playoffs... are why I continue to question Nurse's over-aggressive defensive schemes.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    I'm all in on Mavericks now. That's who I want to win. Mavs vs Miami would be ideal finals. Let Lowry get his swan song and Luka take over as best player in the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X