Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 2 Raptors at Sixers Saturday April 18th 7:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This set of clips exemplifies what I'm talking about earlier...

Maybe one of these plays isn't a foul if you're Pascal Siakam, Chris Boucher, Fred Van Vleet, GTJ...

Every other play, we're getting whistled down for everything that Draymond is allowed to do here.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      This set of clips exemplifies what I'm talking about earlier...

Maybe one of these plays isn't a foul if you're Pascal Siakam, Chris Boucher, Fred Van Vleet, GTJ...

Every other play, we're getting whistled down for everything that Draymond is allowed to do here.

Jeff Van Gundy commentating in the first Nets-Celtics game said it best. Mike Breen said Smart "sold" the contact. Jeff said he hates that word because its another way of saying "flop".

Well Embiid and Harden sell a lot of contacts. Jokic doesn't do that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Jeff Van Gundy commentating in the first Nets-Celtics game said it best. Mike Breen said Smart "sold" the contact. Jeff said he hates that word because its another way of saying "flop".

Well Embiid and Harden sell a lot of contacts. Jokic doesn't do that.
        That's how you defend against a taller and bigger guy. Birch and Precious should learn from Draymond.
        Make yourself bigger, by taking a very wide stance. Spread those legs, keep your ground, strong base, spread both those arms!

And btw, I see no foul in those clips.
        Draymond is just a freakin smart defender.
        So happy to see that Scottie plays a similar style on defense already.
        Our boy will only get better.
        Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Apr 20, 2022, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

oh it definitely still looked ridiculous. but that because raps played like garbage after the first quarter. not because of some foul conspiracy.

in the last 2 games vs philly in the regular season (not counting the very first game since harden/embiid/siakam/etc didnt play), philly shot 25 FTs in one game, and 28 in the other. did the team get blown out in them? nope. raptors still won those games.
          Right so the one quarter where we were playing well, the 1st, Philly got an absurd amount of foul calls to offset our good play.

It's also not just the amount of foul calls its the disparity. We had 18 FT to their 25 (7 less) and 23 FT to their 28 (5 less) in those regular season games. We essentially had 8 FT last game, so 22 less, but even 18 less is ridiculous. The 4 in garbage time were meaningless the game was way over. It was the refs letting things tighten up a bit, make up calls that they knew wouldn't matter because we were down 24 points. And Philly still got more calls that quarter.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Right so the one quarter where we were playing well, the 1st, Philly got an absurd amount of foul calls to offset our good play.

It's also not just the amount of foul calls its the disparity. We had 18 FT to their 25 (7 less) and 23 FT to their 28 (5 less) in those regular season games. We essentially had 8 FT last game, so 22 less, but even 18 less is ridiculous. The 4 in garbage time were meaningless the game was way over. It was the refs letting things tighten up a bit, make up calls that they knew wouldn't matter because we were down 24 points. And Philly still got more calls that quarter.
            How many of these fouls on Embiid & Harden are bad calls?

Comment

• Game 2 is over. It's a new day!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

How many of these fouls on Embiid & Harden are bad calls?

I'll let you know when you provide me the video showing every Raptors offensive possession in slow mo so we can compare the calls vs non calls. If the refs wanna call ticky tack shit you can only see in slow mo they need to do it both ways.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

yah im done with this conspiracy FT talk lol. you believe what you want. i've yet to see a raptors game in this series where they actually deserved to win, FTs or not.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

yah im done with this conspiracy FT talk lol. you believe what you want. i've yet to see a raptors game in this series where they actually deserved to win, FTs or not.
                    Yep. Louis Zatzman, who is a smart and fair-minded Raptors analyst, said something to the effect that "Nurse's main adjustment in game 2 was basically to foul Embiid on every possession and hope that the refs didn't have the cajones to call them all."

His other comment was that we should try to play Harden straight up, instead of over-scheming for him.

Both of his critiques are squarely pointed at Nurse.

Comment

• I wish I could say an adjustment is all that is needed to beat Philly. We're so far off from being a finished product and with all the injuries it's a tough battle. Philly is the contender which they were predicted to be.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        This should be embarrassing for the NBA but it won't be. Refs are following the plan.
                        Embiid saying there should have been more calls for him is laughable.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

This should be embarrassing for the NBA but it won't be. Refs are following the plan.
                          Embiid saying there should have been more calls for him is laughable.
                          Imagine softy Joel being treated like Shaq used to be treated. Now that was a big man that took some abuse.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Imagine softy Joel being treated like Shaq used to be treated. Now that was a big man that took some abuse.
                            It's not Hack a Shaq that gets a foul, it's Breathe on Embiid .....

Comment

Working...
                            X