No announcement yet.

2022 Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: 76ers @ Raptors, Sat April 23, 2:00pm EST, SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: 76ers @ Raptors, Sat April 23, 2:00pm EST, SN

Series: PHI 3-0 TOR

Starters:

TOR:
    VanVleet
    Trent
    Anunoby
    Siakam
    Achiuwa

PHI:
    Harden
    Maxey
    Green
    Harris
    Embiid

Not a whole lot of relevance to touch on with team rankings after three head to heads, so some quick hitters on rotation thoughts:

- Precious starting is my preference, but he or Birch is fine. Have to start big. Small starting group barely played but when they did they were immediately caved in, couldn't defend the 76ers at all. Better to save those looks for later in the game and when Embiid sits.

- Flynn has been surprisingly effective defensively (on Harden and Maxey especially) and hasn't been damaging on offence, pleasantly invisible on that end for the most part. Has the best on/off net rating split on the team in his 31 minutes. Khem not far behind, which is great, though I've been more impressed with Precious overall. Both Malachi and Khem are excellent low minute (10-15 a game) contributors and should keep their roles going forward.

- Pascal and Fred simply have to be better. Pascal should be able to if we can buy him rest, Fred maybe not because he still looks hobbled. But they have two of the three worst on/off splits on the team, putting our top lineups with both guys up against Philly's best looks hasn't gone well. Sadly kind of just have to hope for the best from those two, team won't be able to put up much fight unless they step up. They are both sub-50% in TS% on the series (actually Gary is too but we can forgive him his two sick games), just can't happen. Both playmaking decently, but not enough to make up for their lack of real scoring. Scottie was pretty great in terms of efficiency at a decent usage when he played, so maybe he helps. OG has been incredible (69% TS% on 23% usage).

- The third of those bottom three in on/offs is the worst on the team, and sadly it is Thad Young, our vet added for the playoff run. Thad's played 19 minutes and we've been outscored by 21 in them. That includes getting outscored by 9 in his 6 minutes in game 3, and gosh it would have been nice if that had been 7 or 8 instead! Whatever the reason, be it fit, injury, or just poor play, I don't think he can see the court in game 4.

- Scottie has basically no data on him due to just playing in the one game where everyone was caved in, but his presence has helped bench units all year, so I'm expecting big things if he can sub into Thad's minutes and along with Malachi and a much healthier looking Gary help scale back Pascal and Fred's minutes and usage.

- In the first two games our scoring was really effective, we just had literally no defence to speak of. In game three our defence finally showed up but suddenly our scorers couldn't score. Going to need some success on both ends - hopefully with the defensive adjustments and Scottie back we can see the best of both worlds.

Go Raps!
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

I was gonna say something else but deleted it, this is DanHs GTD, and it's wrong to rain on it.
    Instead I'll just say The Raptors have had a great season and have a lot to build from into the next year. Plenty to be proud of.

LGR!!
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Unleash the DanH!!!

Philly is scared.
      They know that if Scottie was in that game they would have lost.
      Go Raps

Comment

I was surprised to hear Scottie might be back for this game, as I thought they would just shut him down and not risk him playing on a sore ankle.

With or without him I think the young guys are shaking off the deer in the headlights moment and that should take some pressure off FVV and Siakam. Raps are gonna take this back to Philly.

Comment

Was hoping we wouldn't need a Churchill speech to rally the troops ..... but here we are:

Comment

I cannot believe we are gonna get swept by this Trash Team, Philly is garbage.
            Hey Masai, what is your plan..u realize next year is gonna b even tougher.
            Listen..we need elite guard and allstar level Center...U have the assets..Freddy, Trent, OG, Flynn, 1st rd picks, trash players..byrch, svi, boucher ..free agent..do not sign him, let him go.
            I want Bradley Beal trade and go get two top tier centers..There will b a ton of good to great centers available this off-season..and dont wait, be aggressive.
            Enough of Baynes and Byrch quality centers, those kind of players do not work in a long run.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Ain't no sweep happening, common now.

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                Ain't no sweep happening, common now.
                Absolutely have to avoid the inevitable headline (punchline):

"Raptors bounced in 4 by Sixers"

Comment

So Scottie is not coming back?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                    is this based on anything? seems like he should be

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                      I suspect he is. No confirmation yet but Nick seemed real optimistic before and after game 3.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm glad tomorrow's game is early so if it goes badly I can go do something enjoyable with the rest of my Saturday.

Comment

Tim M on Tim and Friends said that only 5 teams in all of the 3 major sports that have 7 game playoff series (MLB, NHL, NBA) have come back from 3-0, and nobody in the NBA has ever done it.

Raptors will be the first.

Let's go DanH! Let's go Raptors!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Tim M on Tim and Friends said that only 5 teams in all of the 3 major sports that have 7 game playoff series (MLB, NHL, NBA) have come back from 3-0, and nobody in the NBA has ever done it.

Raptors will be the first.

Let's go DanH! Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X