No announcement yet.

2022 Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: 76ers @ Raptors, Sat April 23, 2:00pm EST, SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid effort in this one. Siakam played like he had something to prove. Glad he was aggressive early and maintained that into the final quarter. He was still sloppy at times but its playoff basketball. That bank 3-point shot with no time left was just awesome stuff.

Boucher doesn't get much love and deserves it. Whenever he was on the court he made something happen positively. Was grabbing offensive rebounds. Was playing solid defense. Hustling hard. His energy can be contagious and wish Nurse trusted him more.

Thad finally had a great game. Some awesome passes to guys cutting.. and especially to Boucher. The chemistry between the two is really great. I don't believe Birch played in the second half.. and we stuck with Precious or went small. Nurse is learning.

Sucks about Fred, but Philly is a good matchup without him. His size can be a deterrent on defense... using the long boy line up seemed to work well against the 76ers. Really rattled Joel, and good to see us not over helping all the time. Philly killed us from behind the line, and I'm hoping that efficiency dips a bit when we go back to Philly.

Good to see Scottie get some time on the court. Good to see him check back in after hurting his ankle again. Kid is a warrior. He really helps Siakam a lot when he's on the court with him.

Comment

• They shot 41.9% from 3, we shot 23% from 3 (8 for 35!!) and we still won. Hoping we are due for a game or two when they shoot poorly from 3.

Comment

• Well looks like the home team gets the whistle advantage in this series, here's hoping that isn't a big issue on Monday. Fred is far from 100%, funny to see posters open to trading him after a single playoff win in his absence. He hasn't been right all series either. A healthy Fred would help this team. We looked alright without him though which is encouraging.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Well looks like the home team gets the whistle advantage in this series, here's hoping that isn't a big issue on Monday. Fred is far from 100%, funny to see posters open to trading him after a single playoff win in his absence. He hasn't been right all series either. A healthy Fred would help this team. We looked alright without him though which is encouraging.
          so to be fair I have been vocal about either shifting him to a permanent off ball roll next year or trading him before this series. This series just cemented that for me. Those are your options. He isn't a playmaker and I don't think he becomes one in the way that everyone who is a "FVV" guy does. He isn't lowry and won't become lowry. As I keep saying that expectation and comparison isn't fair to FVV and doesn't respect Lowry's legacy.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            They shot 41.9% from 3, we shot 23% from 3 (8 for 35!!) and we still won. Hoping we are due for a game or two when they shoot poorly from 3.
            GTJ will have a heater game coming up.

Comment

• Surprised no one has commented yet or maybe no one saw the interview yet but Pascal doesn't mind the rough basketball play but keep the dirty plays out of it (Embiid). Goes on to call him fake tough lol

I don't know how bright that is going into Philly because Embiid will bully him and get zero calls against him there. Pascal could have been at the line another half dozen times in this game easy.

If the refs take offense at Embiid applauding them (be backtracked it as applauding the fans or the Raps for winning a game) maybe he gets a few more fouls, maybe some early. Should have had a tech or two this last game.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

so to be fair I have been vocal about either shifting him to a permanent off ball roll next year or trading him before this series. This series just cemented that for me. Those are your options. He isn't a playmaker and I don't think he becomes one in the way that everyone who is a "FVV" guy does. He isn't lowry and won't become lowry. As I keep saying that expectation and comparison isn't fair to FVV and doesn't respect Lowry's legacy.
                He certainly needs to be off ball more. And that trend developed through the season as pascal got healthy and Barnes iniated more. That should continue next season. He would be deadly off the bench. But if the team wants an upgrade at C next season, and they would prefer precious coming off the bench, then I imagine it's either Fred or Gary that would be used to facilitate a deal.

Comment

• Precious needs to improve his free throws, he is really hurting the team in this side.

Comment

He certainly needs to be off ball more. And that trend developed through the season as pascal got healthy and Barnes iniated more. That should continue next season. He would be deadly off the bench. But if the team wants an upgrade at C next season, and they would prefer precious coming off the bench, then I imagine it's either Fred or Gary that would be used to facilitate a deal.
                    So again my dream scenario is you talk to fred and you convince him to stay off ball. I would then use Gary and trade him for turner straight up in a one for one. I would toss in malachi to make the salary almost identical... you actually may save a tiny bit.

No offence to Gary but Fred (when he plays the right role) is a far more effective shooter and when healthy is a way better defender. If you get the hint that its a problem, again I would do one of the trades I already suggested. where you are getting either turner or sign and trading for Thomas Bryant. or trying to snag brunson.

Honestly? Call me crazy but I'd even consider FVV and GTJ for brunson and powell.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      So again my dream scenario is you talk to fred and you convince him to stay off ball. I would then use Gary and trade him for turner straight up in a one for one. I would toss in malachi to make the salary almost identical... you actually may save a tiny bit.

No offence to Gary but Fred (when he plays the right role) is a far more effective shooter and when healthy is a way better defender. If you get the hint that its a problem, again I would do one of the trades I already suggested. where you are getting either turner or sign and trading for Thomas Bryant. or trying to snag brunson.

Honestly? Call me crazy but I'd even consider FVV and GTJ for brunson and powell.
                      Believe it or not, you are more than crazy.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                        People are entitled to their opinions but I dont understand the motivation in discussing trade scenarios in the middle of a playoff series.

Like WTF !

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          They shot 41.9% from 3, we shot 23% from 3 (8 for 35!!) and we still won. Hoping we are due for a game or two when they shoot poorly from 3.
                          Role players step up at home.. so I don't think the percentages will cool down too much. Philly have some really good shooters. The hope is they play Thybulle more now that he can play at home, which will take away one of their shooters. Thybulle is a great defender, but they have to play 4 on 5 when he's out there typically. Although even he is doing well (2-3 from behind the line in 2 games).

Comment

Fred off the bench would be deadly but I think he is too good to come off the bench IF he wants to be a shooter coming off screens.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

People are entitled to their opinions but I dont understand the motivation in discussing trade scenarios in the middle of a playoff series.

Like WTF !

People discuss scenarios all the time. When I said the same thing about discussing Nurse in the middle of his contract, many people continued to discuss it. So you know what while I understand and while you are entitled to your opinion.... maybe its alright.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                                I just think Brunson is that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X