X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

This is an interesting question. Doc not known for adjustments. Probably tempted to just say, Embiid and Harden need to play better. Harden should probably get more than 11 shots. Embiid needs more touches. But raps are doing a great job tiring him out.
    I suspect they will not make any adjustments and hope they play better----which is great.
    Doc said post game he wants harden going downhill more and embiid in the paint more

this is raptor D on a new level. It feels like they can make a stop on every possession. So much fun to watch. It seems earlier in the series they tried to stop penetration and were on their heels. Now it seems like they’re staying in front and steering penetration instead and using their length to contest the shot. Also after a quick double team they’re flawlessly rotating and getting back on coverage. It seems to work a lot better without fred. Fred cant funnel the ball handler and rely on his length to contest.

3 minutes 12 pt game and they were heading for the exits? So lame. Raptor fans wudda been on fire cheering for a comeback

After watching the team celebrate scotties roy its clear this teams chemistry is really really good. The skies the limit.

go raps!

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Lol people have such short memories. FVV carried the Raptors in the 1st half of the season. He was a legitimate all star. But he hasn't been the same since the break. Why? because he has a knee injury. Now all of a sudden they're a better team without him? lol. I don't want to hear it. That's just flat out dumb.
    We are very long starting Scottie at PG, that could help in this series. I think it's good for Scottie's development getting these important playoff minutes at PG so early in his career. But of course we are not better off without a healthy, all star guard. Even if Fred got healthy enough to come off the bench and provide shooting that would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• gambler
    replied
    khem birch has been a very very good situational player ...great 10 minute stat line last night.....beautiful in fact

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

And right on cue, joel embiid throws another point guard under the bus. I love this game.

https://streamable.com/q3u4fl
    Why aren't Embiid and Harden doing the presser together like most teams?
    And to be fair, he followed that up with "we all need to be better offensively"

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    What's Philly's counter?
    This is an interesting question. Doc not known for adjustments. Probably tempted to just say, Embiid and Harden need to play better. Harden should probably get more than 11 shots. Embiid needs more touches. But raps are doing a great job tiring him out.
    I suspect they will not make any adjustments and hope they play better----which is great.

Leave a comment:

• meductic
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Couldn't watched the game live but just watched the Philly feed. I can't tell you how many times the Philly announcers called our guys "unskilled". Lots of good observations made so far. The natural Raptors fan in me worries that we're no longer the underdog but enjoy this thought. After a few games of watching Pascal hunt down Niang on every offensive possession, this was the game where Precious hunted down Embiid.
    I am in Brazil for the winter and could stream Matt and the lads during the season. Now I get the US feed. Torch me if you want but at least the Toronto crew knows something about the Raptors before the game starts and are way more insightful from that perspective.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Couldn't watched the game live but just watched the Philly feed. I can't tell you how many times the Philly announcers called our guys "unskilled". Lots of good observations made so far. The natural Raptors fan in me worries that we're no longer the underdog but enjoy this thought. After a few games of watching Pascal hunt down Niang on every offensive possession, this was the game where Precious hunted down Embiid.
    I need to find this to watch for a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    its also pretty crazy how things get flipped so quickly when you win/lose. remember when all of a sudden the 6'9 experiment seemed like a wash? or that maxey was supposedly unstoppable by anyone on this roster? or all the "told you we needed a starting C" talk coming back up again? lol.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Raps starters can go 40 mins a game, Philly players...not so much. Those guys are getting worn down more and more as the series continues and Raps are cranking it up.
    right? i thought one of the biggest advantages (besides stat-wise stuff like offensive rebounds) going into this series was that siakam can play 40 minutes while embiid, as great as he is, could not. but of course once the raps were losing, the narrative turned to "its nick nurses fault for running this team into the ground". which would be fair if raps were swept lol.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    I have been watching basketball since Magic, Bird, Isiah and this great generation. Scottie Barnes reminds me alot of Pippen, but if you compare Pippen to Barnes in their first year, Barnes is really better than him. The guy is not playing as a rookie.
    taller more athletic smarter anthony mason/jamal mashburn
    Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Apr 26, 2022, 02:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    LE Magnifique!! Chris and thad have a fun chemistry going last couple games
    I'm trying to avoid the dog analogy but I've been workshopping here and there has to be some sort of Turner and Hooch connection for Thaddeus and Bouch. Work in progress.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

They (the team) stopped using him as the primary screener and just sat him in the corner, so Embiid just ignored him and sat in the paint. Need to use Embiid's guy in all your actions to tire him out and not let him sit at the rim. With Khem the only way to do that is having him set screens on ball.
    Yeah, Khem was wide open on the perimeter, got the ball and missed 2 looks in a row, Philly will gladly give him that shot. If Khem is in there we can't be setting him up on offense to take shots.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    I'm with Dan on Birch too, he definately has his weaknesses but he much better than some here make him out to be. He served his purpose tonight.

Unrelated, I can't help but to bring up just how lame the Philly fans were today. They completely abandoned thier team. Pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Lol people have such short memories. FVV carried the Raptors in the 1st half of the season. He was a legitimate all star. But he hasn't been the same since the break. Why? because he has a knee injury. Now all of a sudden they're a better team without him? lol. I don't want to hear it. That's just flat out dumb.
    I was only taking of this series.
    Maxey had been taking advantage of Fred because of his injury.
    This thread is about playoffs round 1, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X