2022 Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: Raptors @ 76ers, Mon April 25, 8:00pm EST, SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Raps starters can go 40 mins a game, Philly players...not so much. Those guys are getting worn down more and more as the series continues and Raps are cranking it up.
    right? i thought one of the biggest advantages (besides stat-wise stuff like offensive rebounds) going into this series was that siakam can play 40 minutes while embiid, as great as he is, could not. but of course once the raps were losing, the narrative turned to "its nick nurses fault for running this team into the ground". which would be fair if raps were swept lol.

Comment

• its also pretty crazy how things get flipped so quickly when you win/lose. remember when all of a sudden the 6'9 experiment seemed like a wash? or that maxey was supposedly unstoppable by anyone on this roster? or all the "told you we needed a starting C" talk coming back up again? lol.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Couldn't watched the game live but just watched the Philly feed. I can't tell you how many times the Philly announcers called our guys "unskilled". Lots of good observations made so far. The natural Raptors fan in me worries that we're no longer the underdog but enjoy this thought. After a few games of watching Pascal hunt down Niang on every offensive possession, this was the game where Precious hunted down Embiid.
        I need to find this to watch for a laugh.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Couldn't watched the game live but just watched the Philly feed. I can't tell you how many times the Philly announcers called our guys "unskilled". Lots of good observations made so far. The natural Raptors fan in me worries that we're no longer the underdog but enjoy this thought. After a few games of watching Pascal hunt down Niang on every offensive possession, this was the game where Precious hunted down Embiid.
          I am in Brazil for the winter and could stream Matt and the lads during the season. Now I get the US feed. Torch me if you want but at least the Toronto crew knows something about the Raptors before the game starts and are way more insightful from that perspective.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            What's Philly's counter?
            This is an interesting question. Doc not known for adjustments. Probably tempted to just say, Embiid and Harden need to play better. Harden should probably get more than 11 shots. Embiid needs more touches. But raps are doing a great job tiring him out.
            I suspect they will not make any adjustments and hope they play better----which is great.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

And right on cue, joel embiid throws another point guard under the bus. I love this game.

https://streamable.com/q3u4fl
              Why aren't Embiid and Harden doing the presser together like most teams?
              And to be fair, he followed that up with "we all need to be better offensively"

Comment

• khem birch has been a very very good situational player ...great 10 minute stat line last night.....beautiful in fact

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Lol people have such short memories. FVV carried the Raptors in the 1st half of the season. He was a legitimate all star. But he hasn't been the same since the break. Why? because he has a knee injury. Now all of a sudden they're a better team without him? lol. I don't want to hear it. That's just flat out dumb.
                  We are very long starting Scottie at PG, that could help in this series. I think it's good for Scottie's development getting these important playoff minutes at PG so early in his career. But of course we are not better off without a healthy, all star guard. Even if Fred got healthy enough to come off the bench and provide shooting that would be helpful.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

This is an interesting question. Doc not known for adjustments. Probably tempted to just say, Embiid and Harden need to play better. Harden should probably get more than 11 shots. Embiid needs more touches. But raps are doing a great job tiring him out.
                    I suspect they will not make any adjustments and hope they play better----which is great.
                    Doc said post game he wants harden going downhill more and embiid in the paint more

this is raptor D on a new level. It feels like they can make a stop on every possession. So much fun to watch. It seems earlier in the series they tried to stop penetration and were on their heels. Now it seems like they’re staying in front and steering penetration instead and using their length to contest the shot. Also after a quick double team they’re flawlessly rotating and getting back on coverage. It seems to work a lot better without fred. Fred cant funnel the ball handler and rely on his length to contest.

3 minutes 12 pt game and they were heading for the exits? So lame. Raptor fans wudda been on fire cheering for a comeback

After watching the team celebrate scotties roy its clear this teams chemistry is really really good. The skies the limit.

go raps!

Comment

• Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

We are very long starting Scottie at PG, that could help in this series. I think it's good for Scottie's development getting these important playoff minutes at PG so early in his career. But of course we are not better off without a healthy, all star guard. Even if Fred got healthy enough to come off the bench and provide shooting that would be helpful.
                        Siakam played PG last night not Scottie.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Siakam played PG last night not Scottie.
                          i don't really understand the compulsion to identify who is playing what position. siakam brought the ball up the floor the most in the first half. scottie brought the ball up the floor the most in the second half. pascal initiated the most sets in the half court, same as the regular season, but the duties were shared with other players like scottie, same as the regular season.

scottie spent the most time guarding harden, but also spent time on embiid and switched onto others. siakam started most possessions on harris, but also switched onto others including ballhandlers.

i mean based on all that, who is the point guard? and why does it matter?

Comment

• The big difference of the long lineup vs the Fred lineup is we had a big long player guarding Maxey and he can't deal with it. Maxey was having his way with Fred. Maxey is shooting 9-26 since Fred went down and hasn't scored more than 12 points.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              The big difference of the long lineup vs the Fred lineup is we had a big long player guarding Maxey and he can't deal with it. Maxey was having his way with Fred. Maxey is shooting 9-26 since Fred went down and hasn't scored more than 12 points.
                              People always talk about the death of the center, but we might as well say the death of the point guard is just as real. I mean that in the sense of the defacto "short guy that dribbles and passes"

If you wanna be a quality starter in today's nba, you need to ball handle, defend and shoot. The Raptors, the warriors and the Celtics are living proof in the new scheme. You'd rather have 5 capable wings, then the positions of old.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

People always talk about the death of the center, but we might as well say the death of the point guard is just as real. I mean that in the sense of the defacto "short guy that dribbles and passes"

If you wanna be a quality starter in today's nba, you need to ball handle, defend and shoot. The Raptors, the warriors and the Celtics are living proof in the new scheme. You'd rather have 5 capable wings, then the positions of old.
                                It's pretty crazy but the offense you would teach to kids just learning to play basketball (5 out) has become the most effective offense in the NBA. I know it's not exactly 5-out but it's in the ballpark.

Comment

Working...
                                X