• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    Freddy out for the series.
    Barnes in at PG.

Do you start Khem, Precious or Thad?
    I'd prefer Precious but think the refs are going to give out two quick bull*hit fouls to a Raptor so might as well make it Khem or even Thad. If Birch, make those fouls hard fouls. Then sub in Precious and let him go to work.

It goes without saying that Pascal has to step up but big game from GTJr incoming and also need OG to show on both ends.

Game day, let's go!

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shift
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    FVV out tonight? Time for Scottie to transform into Magic Johnson.

Magic won the MVP when the rookie PG replaced Abdul-Jabbar at C and dominated in the championship clinching game. It was Scottie's versatility that first made me think (dream?) of Magic.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

magic was a pretty darn good shooter. i don't think it's worth considering his 3 percentage the first 9 years of his career because 3's were not part of the game plan, he was attempting like 20 to 50 shots per season. those are buzzer beating heaves and shot clock grenades. the percentages are meaningless.
    Magic was incredible shooter but it wasn't the best part of his game. His athleticism, his ability to playmake and be crafty. His ability to drive down the lane in transition with size WAS his offensive super power. That is true I was more so thinking his 3 point shooting during his first few years.

Basically I am comparing Scottie to where Magic was at the same age and stage in his career. That is very very fair though.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post

this was 1980. barely anyone was shooting from beyond the arc lol. you consider that a 'knock'? lol.

classic example of someone looking at basic stats and coming to really dumb conclusions. what are you gonna say next? that larry bird sucked because he never won a game 7 series in the first round?

Also you are putting words into my mouth that I didn't say. And having trouble comprehending it. Magic was someone who grew into a good shooter but was not someone who came in as a great shooter. He didn't even shoot it from range at volumes (volume for that era of the NBA), until the last 3 years of his career.

My point magic was insanely good and I would say he was top 3/4 of all time, so why are you specifically attacking me for the second time today?

Instead of assuming that I am only looking at counting stats consider watching his game tape. He was not the shooter that others were during that time. Every player has their downsides. Even the best. Michael was almost perfect except he sometimes liked to gamble on defence because he liked to embarrass people so he could have been even better than he was ... even though he was THE BEST.

You can critique players and yet recognize their greatness...or is that not something that is possible:

Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Mon Apr 25, 2022, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

looking back the only knock on magic was he struggled with his shooting beyond the arc, he also was not the most... vertical defender. Scottie is a much better defender in terms of using his verticality IN THE POST.

Sky is the limit.
    this was 1980. barely anyone was shooting from beyond the arc lol. you consider that a 'knock'? lol.

classic example of someone looking at basic stats and coming to really dumb conclusions. what are you gonna say next? that larry bird sucked because he never won a game 7 series in the first round?
    Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Apr 25, 2022, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

looking back the only knock on magic was he struggled with his shooting beyond the arc, he also was not the most... vertical defender. Scottie is a much better defender in terms of using his verticality IN THE POST.

Sky is the limit.
    magic was a pretty darn good shooter. i don't think it's worth considering his 3 percentage the first 9 years of his career because 3's were not part of the game plan, he was attempting like 20 to 50 shots per season. those are buzzer beating heaves and shot clock grenades. the percentages are meaningless.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Sky is the limit.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post

Sadly, this makes it much more likely Embiid gets a favourable whistle tonight.
    Let him be aggressive. Have Birch swipe at the ball everytime he tries to a draw a foul. Let him feel the pain in his thumb.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    I think we are due for a big Boucher game. The one where he hits his 3s and scores 20+ points. Hopefully tonight is the night, we're gonna need it.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Can only hope that the refs will be a little pissed at him. Rather than reward him.
    I just hope they call it the way it's supposed to be called, weird that's it come down to either them favoring or screwing him over. This isn't supposed to be the WWE lol

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    We need Fred's shooting.
    Gary, Precious and Boucher should be on fire tonight.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post

Can only hope that the refs will be a little pissed at him. Rather than reward him.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    April 19: Embiid: I respectfully told Nurse 'to stop bitching about calls'

April 25: NBA fined Joel Embiid $15K for criticism of officials.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

what about the "suck it" gesture?
    Degeneration X approves

Leave a comment:

Working...
X