X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

we definitely should have won the OT game and you cant blame it all on the players the refs actually played a big role in that one.
    I mean, sure. but also the refs gave us a trip to the line where hitting one of two wins us the game and we couldn't... Simple reality is, unlike the 2OT game in the 2019 Milwaukee series, we just didn't have the Kawhi factor to keep scoring and ran out of gas in that OT. If we had Barnes for G3...

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I had the series pegged as the Milwaukee series from 2019, where we went down 0-2 and then won an OT game and strung together 4 in a row.

This time we lost the OT game, but now we'll string together 4 in a row anyway.
    we definitely should have won the OT game and you cant blame it all on the players the refs actually played a big role in that one.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I had the series pegged as the Milwaukee series from 2019, where we went down 0-2 and then won an OT game and strung together 4 in a row.

This time we lost the OT game, but now we'll string together 4 in a row anyway.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    If/when the Raps are up in the 4th quarter tonight, I can't wait to see the phake Sixers phans turn on their own team along with the sound of 21,000 phincters tightening.

Phuck Philly.

Leave a comment:

• gambler
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    I have convinced myself that if we win this game we are winning the series, or at the very least going to a nail bitter game 7 finish. Let's hope the players are viewing it the same way
    i said it before....if there was a team taht can come back form 0-3 its these raptrs with nick nurse when you take into consideartoin taht embiid is not 100 percnt nor will he ever be anytime soon.....its not necessarily the 5 turnovers as he notorious for turnig over the ball....its teh 8 boards that are very troublesome

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsVictim
    replied
    https://youtu.be/LhSDxp0oQK8

I hope we can make such a miraculous escape, if we did, we would go to game 7 for sure.
    Last edited by RaptorsVictim; Sun Apr 24, 2022, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I have convinced myself that if we win this game we are winning the series, or at the very least going to a nail bitter game 7 finish. Let's hope the players are viewing it the same way

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

"like" wouldn't be the right response to this but it made me laugh
    Berta's third move as mod ... create an 'I see what you did there' button.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Can't trade him until the off-season.
    "like" wouldn't be the right response to this but it made me laugh

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    gambler wrote: View Post
    any word on fvv?
    Listed as questionable with a hip flexor strain.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    gambler wrote: View Post
    any word on fvv?
    Can't trade him until the off-season.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Chris has been great but it's not a given more minutes will mean more minutes at that level of success. He's just played a lot of the non-Embiid minutes. +27 net rating without Embiid on the court, -1.2 net rating with him on the court. That's still better than the team's overall rating against Embiid but he's not a fix-all, he's a very useful bench piece. Honestly 20 MPG is about right for him.

And it shouldn't be forgotten that some lineups have crapped the bed while Embiid rests, and Boucher's haven't so he should definitely still play a big role for the Raps. Just wouldn't plan on his bench success being projectible onto bigger minutes.
    The playoff sample size is pretty small and I'm unsure as to when Boucher was playing against Embiid. But -1.2 is pretty great considering we got blown away in our first 2 games. Chris was part of most of our best 5-man units in the regular season as well. So he's been consistently great for most of the season. And for most of our season it was our bench that hurt us for the most part.

I think 20 is a bit low. But this should hopefully iron itself out if Fred can't play and if Scottie is still getting limited minutes.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Let's go! DanH is leading us to the promise land.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Our backs are still against the wall and we will get the Sixers hardest knockout punch in Game 5. Churchill is still needed.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    This will be the toughest game of the series until we get to game 7. Philly is really good at home. Hopefully Scottie is a go for the entire game.

And we need more Boucher. Chris Boucher is getting no love, and he's been awesome.

Chris has a net rating of +6.3 in 20mpg. Birch and Malachi are the other two with positive ratings, but in much less minutes (11.8, 8.2 respectively). Everyone else is below 0.
    Chris has been great but it's not a given more minutes will mean more minutes at that level of success. He's just played a lot of the non-Embiid minutes. +27 net rating without Embiid on the court, -1.2 net rating with him on the court. That's still better than the team's overall rating against Embiid but he's not a fix-all, he's a very useful bench piece. Honestly 20 MPG is about right for him.

And it shouldn't be forgotten that some lineups have crapped the bed while Embiid rests, and Boucher's haven't so he should definitely still play a big role for the Raps. Just wouldn't plan on his bench success being projectible onto bigger minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X