X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Refs don't need to see fouls to call fouls....it's the most discretionary reffed sport on the planet and certainly open to corruption.

Tinfoil or fact?
    "For a while, the Tim Donaghy scandal actually did go away, after the former NBA referee pleaded guilty last year to betting on games and taking payoffs from gamblers. But the Donaghy saga came back with a vengeance this week. Papers filed in court contain damning allegations by Donaghy that a 2002 playoff series was rigged by referees and that league officials encouraged refs to affect the outcome of games by calling fouls or, in other situations, not calling on fouls on star players."

Hot Take: He's the Jose Canseco of the NBA and got swept under the rug.
    I used to think Tim donaghy was telling the truth. Then I realized he was a complete scumbag lying crook. And not a single piece of evidence brought forward. No saved emails, no voice-mails, no recordings, nothing that links the nba to rigging games. Just the word of a disgraced ref

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Raps did a great job of defending without fouling in game 5. Felt like it was a point of emphasis on Nurse's part. I expect them to keep that up, which should take the refs out of the equation.
    Refs don't need to see fouls to call fouls....it's the most discretionary reffed sport on the planet and certainly open to corruption.

Tinfoil or fact?
    "For a while, the Tim Donaghy scandal actually did go away, after the former NBA referee pleaded guilty last year to betting on games and taking payoffs from gamblers. But the Donaghy saga came back with a vengeance this week. Papers filed in court contain damning allegations by Donaghy that a 2002 playoff series was rigged by referees and that league officials encouraged refs to affect the outcome of games by calling fouls or, in other situations, not calling on fouls on star players."

Hot Take: He's the Jose Canseco of the NBA and got swept under the rug.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Apr 27, 2022, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Raps did a great job of defending without fouling in game 5. Felt like it was a point of emphasis on Nurse's part. I expect them to keep that up, which should take the refs out of the equation.
    Nurse’s constant “bitching” also paid off. Gotta keep that up.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Embiid will be a lot more physical in this game, and likely have a few of those high elbows to the chins of players that were guarding him in game 1. He'll need to be a monster in the paint to free up Harden and Maxey.

Precious might be our MVP of this series (on defense anyways) if we win this game.

Gotta be said what a force Siakam has been as well. Still has a bit of tunnel vision at times, but he's really figuring out his game and the man's stamina is out of this world. Wave after wave he just keeps attacking, and always hunting switches onto Embiid or Harris. Just wearing the big guys out.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Like I said in the game thread: Tony Brothers. That will be the adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

I don’t see what else they have. Post up Embiid 50 times?
    Like I said in the game thread: Tony Brothers. That will be the adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Sixers won the 3-pt battle handily in game 4 and still lost.
    I don’t see what else they have. Post up Embiid 50 times?

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsVictim
    replied
    Nick Nurse has changed some constants in the world of Basketball. Regardless the outcome of this series, we need to keep Nurse here in Toronto.
    The guy has just played a whole game without a PG, he utilized Siakam and Barnes in a way we did not see before.
    Great coaches like Jackson and Brown has changed the game in terms of the center position, they could win titles without centers.
    Now , Nurse has gone really far, he has laid down the foundation of positionless players.
    If you watch the last game, you do not know who the center was or who the PG was or who the SG was . Every poisition different player brings up the ball.
    I admit that when we drafted Barnes, I was not really happy about it, but Barnes was the ideal option for Nurse's scheme and this playoff has proved him right.
    Siakam, Barnes, Trent, OG and precious could be a very strong contender next year with the addition of another two solid players.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Make lots of threes and trust Toronto won’t because none of them can shoot. That’s the game plan.
    Sixers won the 3-pt battle handily in game 4 and still lost.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

How are they going to adjust?
    Make lots of threes and trust Toronto won’t because none of them can shoot. That’s the game plan.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

Raptors haven't done anything crazy that isn't unsustainable either. They haven't shot well from 3 and has still beaten the Sixers. The first 2 games weren't the Raptors we were used to, the last 3 games have been.
    raps also didn't get much offensive rebounds either and still got the win. its scary that an otherwise perfect game they played in game 5 (minus the weird precious rebound/bucket on their own net lol) could actually be even *more* perfect.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Honestly no idea. Raptors' length and athleticism basically shuts down Harden, Maxey and Harris. Maybe the 2 day rest helps Embiid with his fatigue and he is able play more dominant in Game 6 and the Sixers match the Raptors energy and activity. Who knows. Sixers could play zone for the whole 48 mins, maybe that will have some effect, but Thad's playmaking and Boucher's cutting has helped break the zone a bit.

It feels like a losing battle for the Sixers and outside of Embiid, they don't have the personnel to match up and only way the Raptors lose is if they get in their own heads and play sloppy.

Raptors haven't done anything crazy that isn't unsustainable either. They haven't shot well from 3 and has still beaten the Sixers. The first 2 games weren't the Raptors we were used to, the last 3 games have been.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Exactly. Next year James can still opt-in to his 1 year 47 million dollars player option or be signed to a long term contract in Philly or somewhere else. James is not sweating or worried, he made his money (lots of it) and the dude wants to live a little, play basketball at his own pace ( he is almost Zen like no matter the criticism or boo's from fans) and go to a party afterwards, nothing wrong with that.

James is living the dream.

Nothing wrong with that if you want to stay on the list of most talented NBA players never to win a chip ....

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

Whenever they run the pick and roll, Raptors just switch, so its hard for the Harden or Maxey to get to the paint.

I'm curious if the Sixers will make any adjustments, it honestly feels like the Raptors defense have everyone outside of Embiid clamped.

Embiid will do his thing, but his thumb and just overall fatigue of playing heavy minutes is limiting him.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I can't seem to recall philly running much embiid PnRs. I remember one botched play with harden and one that worked last game. I remember Embiid setting lots of screens but not much rolling to the rim. You would think that embiid PnRs with either harden or Maxey would be really hard to stop with both players going downhill. Anyone have any insight on this? Just trying to figure what to expect from Philly's offence next game. I'm expecting a lot more Maxey pushing the ball.

It's hard to know what to expect, especially with embiid getting tired so quickly. Philly really needs him working hard on both ends to be effective. You could see how easy he was to exploit in the second half of game 5. If he can't keep his wind, they are done.
    Whenever they run the pick and roll, Raptors just switch, so its hard for the Harden or Maxey to get to the paint.

I'm curious if the Sixers will make any adjustments, it honestly feels like the Raptors defense have everyone outside of Embiid clamped.

Embiid will do his thing, but his thumb and just overall fatigue of playing heavy minutes is limiting him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X