2022 Playoffs Round 1, Game 6: 76ers @ Raptors, Thur April 28, 7:00pm EST, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT - fake quote.
    Last edited by planetmars; Wed Apr 27, 2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
      You know what worries me about this game? James Harden. He hasn't really played like James Harden in this series and I think he's due. Embiid called him out the other night. All the American media keeps talking about right now is James Harden. I expect him to come out guns a blazing tomorrow. Raptors have to prepare for that. Embiid is going to put up numbers no matter what. We can't allow other guys like Harden to have big games.
      I agree, I expect him to go off tomorrow... I think people have done a 180 on this series, irrational negativity to irrational positivity, tomorrow is going to be a slugfest... you know they are trying to motivate Harden... and they want to shut the media pundits up.

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post

Remember peak James Harden? Do you know what happened when he hit a Younger OG? He had one of the worse games of the season.

Since then we still have OG, Pascal is better, Barnes is here. Harden can go off, I'm more worried about Maxey. Regardless the momentum is swung in our directions and all dirty laundry and skeletons are coming out of the Philly closet.
        Let's just say I'm scared of James Harden. He was pretty good for Brooklyn last year, no? What's going on with him this year? did he just got bad all of a sudden? 1 year makes that much of a difference? He's still capable of playing like a star imo and that's what worries me especially with all the narratives that's going on before this game. I'm pretty sure Harden hears all the noise.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I want harden to be listening. I want harden to go out and chuck up 40 shots in 1 on 1 coverage, he will shoot like 35% and we will win. He wins, then then can't blame him for not shooting enough, and his stats will be 35-40pts and it will look like Embid didn't show up, LOL.

I hope Harris slows down, his defense and overall play in this series has been way above the norm for him.
          Maxey you just have to play off of and dare him to shoot one on one.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

EDIT - fake quote.
            This new trend of fake quotes being put on a picture is reason #199943 why twitter is cancerous
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I haven't watched the whole interview but did Doc mentioned how he had PRIME Tracy McGrady in Orlando? T-Mac's absolute prime was when he played for Orlando.
              But honestly, if you look at that team it was McGrady and no one else, Hill was injured, so has Horace Grant. I don't think people are judging Doc on his Orlando stint anyways, it's all about that Clippers team... they should've won something

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post

But honestly, if you look at that team it was McGrady and no one else, Hill was injured, so has Horace Grant. I don't think people are judging Doc on his Orlando stint anyways, it's all about that Clippers team... they should've won something
                The Eastern Conference was pretty bad back in the early 2000's. If you have T-Mac in his absolute prime on your team then you should at least win 1 playoff round. Mike Miller btw was on that team. He won the ROTY back in 2001. He's pretty good. Drew Gooden was on that team. Darrell Armstrong was on that team. They had some pieces.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Let's just say I'm scared of James Harden. He was pretty good for Brooklyn last year, no? What's going on with him this year? did he just got bad all of a sudden? 1 year makes that much of a difference? He's still capable of playing like a star imo and that's what worries me especially with all the narratives that's going on before this game. I'm pretty sure Harden hears all the noise.
                  His hamstring injury last Playoffs. Hasn't been the same since. He lost speed and his burst. Maybe he gets hot from 3? Only way he can be effective. His lift hasn't been there for finishing at the rim, especially against length.

I'd be more scared of Embiid after 2 days of rest. He still has his thumb injury, but he played well through it in Game 3 and he has been able to get some rest. He looked fatigued in Game 5.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

The funniest comment in the replies is something like "What did Orlando do to get involved in this?"
                    I think it was late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter of game 5 when I said lets get this win then sit back and watch this Philly implode. That.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Eastern Conference was pretty bad back in the early 2000's. If you have T-Mac in his absolute prime on your team then you should at least win 1 playoff round. Mike Miller btw was on that team. He won the ROTY back in 2001. He's pretty good. Drew Gooden was on that team. Darrell Armstrong was on that team. They had some pieces.
                      They played the Pistons... which were the number one seed, and had everyone but Rasheed from their championship year. The second seed Nets had Jason Kidd, Jefferson, Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles. The third seed was a good Pacers team. Fourth seed had prime Allen Iverson, and okay supporting cast.

The top of the east was still pretty damn good. I think it's hard to blame Doc for bowing out in the 1st round with that roster, considering he was without Grant Hill.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This is honestly the perfect setup for rigging games for certain teams without having to instruct the refs to do it. It's built in. Stars get favorable calls. Teams with more stars or bigger stars get more favorable calls than opponents with less stars. The game gets tilted in one team's direction by the refs without the NBA top brass having to say anything. This is the thing I dislike most about the NBA. Just do your best to call it the same for every player. Letting stars get away with bullshit and not calling fouls for rookies who just got hacked sucks and makes me like the NBA a lot less. If the star players are better then they don't need special treatment.

I really enjoy NHL hockey because they don't do this. The great players are great because they're actually great. Not because the refs are giving them an unfair advantage.
                        While I agree with u its not to the leagues advantage business wise to not do it. That i believe was partially Keons point.
                        The NHL has suffered as a result. While NBA revenue has soared.

Sport is just not the same anymore $$$

That ofcourse leads to the opportunity fir games to be rigged.
                        Last edited by Da Cool Rula; Wed Apr 27, 2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This new trend of fake quotes being put on a picture is reason #199943 why twitter is cancerous

It literally happens anywhere in the internet.
                          It's up to us to not be gullible.

Comment

• Da Cool Rula wrote: View Post

While I agree with u its not to the leagues advantage business wise to not do it. That i believe was partially Keons point.
                            The NHL has suffered as a result. While NBA revenue has soared.

Sport is just not the same anymore $$$

That ofcourse leads to the opportunity fir games to be rigged.
                            Oh I understand why they do it. But as a fan it makes me like the product a lot less and a feeling of being cheated out of a fair game, because I am.

I also don't think the practice of reffing the game differently for stars vs everyone else helps the popularity of the sport. Call it fair and the cream will rise to the top. No one likes watching free throws and that's all they're promoting, a more boring version of basketball that is also unfairly tilted in one direction.

I don't think the NHL is suffering because stars aren't given favorable calls. The NHL isn't as popular because most of the country's population never has ice, or the availability of an ice rink, so they never get into hockey. It's also a very expensive sport to play, the gear to get started costs a lot. There are basketball courts in basically every park in the USA, every school campus from Kindergarten - Doctorate level, every decent sized gym like LA Fitness or YMCA, many apartment complexes and living communities, etc... Everyone lives within a mile or so of a free basketball court, and it's pretty cheap to fire a hoop into your driveway. All you need to play is a basketball, and you don't even need one if you go to a public court, many people there will have one and you just join in. The barrier of entry for even learning how to ice skate, let alone play hockey is freaking massive. No other major sport has that. So the NHL will always be at a massive disadvantage. It has nothing to do with not having the refs cheat to make the best players seem even better.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

EDIT - fake quote.
                              I think that might be a parody account...but it's fun

EDIT..just saw your edit

Comment

• REWIND: Up three zip heading into game four:

Break time is over!

Comment

Working...
                                X