• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweep the thumb.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

True, this has forced the issue in a good way. But anybody injured is not as good as they would be. I agree that this is a tough match up for Fred because Maxey is too fast and everyone else is too big. But when healthy, all star or not, he is great and borderline all defence. If we are so lucky to make it on to Miami, a healthy FVV would help
      Very much like the 76'ers series 3 years ago. FVV was a hot mess but played beautifully against the Bucks the following series. I am hoping if the Raptors beat the 76'ers, banged up FVV will suit up against banged up Lowry cause both wouldn't want to miss this matchup no matter how hurt they were (Unlike Ben Simmons mah back hurt, i can't play lol)

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

But I am more concerned about his legs than his thumb. He was getting blown past on defense yesterday, and passive on offense. 2 days off will do the big slug some good, because he doesn't have the same stamina as our young 6'9 thoroughbreds
        He had 2 days off before game 4... not too worried about the extra days rest. If he goes down in the post, hack the hand... keep him on the perimeter, and they lose the advantage. He admitted he's guarding the thumb. The first half he was getting deep post position, and in the second he wasn't even trying to get down low. Make him think twice about playing down there.

Embiid, doesn't have the conditioning to play big minutes. If we can keep Harris and Maxey at bay, I think we're okay... unless Harden somehow morphs into Houston Harden. He's been called out, expect more effort from him.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think it's more that acute or chronic pain saps your desire or ability to compete more than measurable endurance. Makes it easier to sag and give up down 10-15 with non-supportive fans too
          Is there a worse fanbase than the 76ers fans? Sure they're "passionate" but they're definitely not supportive. Booing by the 1st quarter, giving their own players the Bronx cheer coming off, and worst of all, leaving the arena en masses down just 11 points with nearly 4 mins left. You would think THEY were down 3-0, not up 3-1. Never seen anything quite like it. I almost nearly felt 2nd hand sympathy for the players at that point. Almost.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Is there a worse fanbase than the 76ers fans? Sure they're "passionate" but they're definitely not supportive. Booing by the 1st quarter, giving their own players the Bronx cheer coming off, and worst of all, leaving the arena en masses down just 11 points with nearly 4 mins left. You would think THEY were down 3-0, not up 3-1. Never seen anything quite like it. I almost nearly felt 2nd hand sympathy for the players at that point. Almost.
            Contrast that with thousands of Raptor fans willing to stand outside in the rain down 3-0 or 3-1

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, a pretty dystopian sight. Felt sympathy for Sixers as well.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                If Birch hits open shots like he did in the first half, then it benefits to have him on the court. They are leaving him wide open, if he's not capitalizing on that, then we are down a man on the offensive end. Those baseline push shots were ugly in the second half. If he does end up starting hopefully we can get repeat performance. I agree there's a benefit to having a guy muscle Embiid for the first 5 minutes without having to worry about foul trouble.
                As Dan pointed out, Khem needs to be setting screens on offense and if we can get him a layup or dunk off the screen cool. Do not let him sit on the perimeter because no one will guard him there. He's probably our best screen setter and that's the only way we should use him. On defense he can just hack the shit out of Embiid's thumb.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

As Dan pointed out, Khem needs to be setting screens on offense and if we can get him a layup or dunk off the screen cool. Do not let him sit on the perimeter because no one will guard him there. He's probably our best screen setter and that's the only way we should use him. On defense he can just hack the shit out of Embiid's thumb.
                  That should be on everyone's radar. Too bad Fred's hurt as he is very good at sneaking into a bigs personal space. Go for the steal, but if you miss the ball get the thumb. He stepped on Thad thumb, and Scottie's ankle before the end of game 1. Karma is a female dog.

Comment

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      James Harden sabotaging Doc is hilarious if true.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

James Harden sabotaging Doc is hilarious if true.
                        It's funny but I doubt it. I agree with Perk, Harden looks old. He doesn't take care of his body like other elite stars and he lives like he's on perpetual spring break. That catches up.

Comment

It's funny but I doubt it. I agree with Perk, Harden looks old. He doesn't take care of his body like other elite stars and he lives like he's on perpetual spring break. That catches up.
                          Exactly. Next year James can still opt-in to his 1 year 47 million dollars player option or be signed to a long term contract in Philly or somewhere else. James is not sweating or worried, he made his money (lots of it) and the dude wants to live a little, play basketball at his own pace ( he is almost Zen like no matter the criticism or boo's from fans) and go to a party afterwards, nothing wrong with that.

James is living the dream.

Comment

That's all it is. And Redick was right, Harden was facilitating lots of open looks in the first 2 games cause the Raps were paying way to much attention to him. Raps realised they can guard him one-on-one and it's made a massive difference (the size has helped in that regard).

Comment

I can't seem to recall philly running much embiid PnRs. I remember one botched play with harden and one that worked last game. I remember Embiid setting lots of screens but not much rolling to the rim. You would think that embiid PnRs with either harden or Maxey would be really hard to stop with both players going downhill. Anyone have any insight on this? Just trying to figure what to expect from Philly's offence next game. I'm expecting a lot more Maxey pushing the ball.

It's hard to know what to expect, especially with embiid getting tired so quickly. Philly really needs him working hard on both ends to be effective. You could see how easy he was to exploit in the second half of game 5. If he can't keep his wind, they are done.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                I can't seem to recall philly running much embiid PnRs. I remember one botched play with harden and one that worked last game. I remember Embiid setting lots of screens but not much rolling to the rim. You would think that embiid PnRs with either harden or Maxey would be really hard to stop with both players going downhill. Anyone have any insight on this? Just trying to figure what to expect from Philly's offence next game. I'm expecting a lot more Maxey pushing the ball.

It's hard to know what to expect, especially with embiid getting tired so quickly. Philly really needs him working hard on both ends to be effective. You could see how easy he was to exploit in the second half of game 5. If he can't keep his wind, they are done.
                                Whenever they run the pick and roll, Raptors just switch, so its hard for the Harden or Maxey to get to the paint.

I'm curious if the Sixers will make any adjustments, it honestly feels like the Raptors defense have everyone outside of Embiid clamped.

Embiid will do his thing, but his thumb and just overall fatigue of playing heavy minutes is limiting him.

Comment

Working...
                                X