Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

and that is fair if you feel that way. I would do it if its only 1 pick in the future and not next year. But that is fair.

But if you are talking about financially hamstringing then why are you also one of the people arguing in favor of trading one of our best contracts for rudy?
    Because Gobert is worth it. Turner isn't. Also I never put picks in any of my Gobert trade offers, so definitely wouldn't for Turner.

If it was Trent for Turner sign me up. They would want Precious and picks and I'm not doing that. Precious will probably put up similar number to Turner this year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Because Gobert is worth it. Turner isn't. Also I never put picks in any of my Gobert trade offers, so definitely wouldn't for Turner.

If it was Trent for Turner sign me up. They would want Precious and picks and I'm not doing that. Precious will probably put up similar number to Turner this year.
      So I will agree if its trent and a sign and trade of boucher/thad.. sure. But if its some crazy price no thanks on the rudy trade. I am not giving up OG to only get Rudy. That has been the point I have been stuck on and am sticking to.

Comment

So I will agree if its trent and a sign and trade of boucher/thad.. sure. But if its some crazy price no thanks on the rudy trade. I am not giving up OG to only get Rudy. That has been the point I have been stuck on and am sticking to.
        One extra point here. If we trade for Turner and he has a good season he could command $30M+, we're talking about Trent at $25 and Turner is a lot more valuable when at his best. He's not gonna be cheap unless he stinks it up. So the gap between his deal and Rudy's isn't as big as you think.

We all know you don't want Gobert, that's clear at this point.

A lot of us do.

Agree to disagree on this one. Odds are it won't matter anyways and Precious is our starting C.

Only move I find likely is Trent for picks / cheaper piece.

Comment

• Ainge is also now running things in Utah. He's definitely not taking a bad deal for Gobert. So if you think you can get Gobert without sending a pick that's laughable.

Comment

• The problem with Turner is he's injury prone. Of all the C's the are supposedly available(Gobert, Poeltl, Turner, Ayton), Turner is the one that don't interest me. I wouldn't trade OG for him.

With Gobert, the problem with Gobert is his contract. 40million/year? 46million in 25-26 season? that's crazy.

But like I said many times i'm fine with Precious as the starting C, but if we're going to trade for one of the 4 guys that I mentioned. I want either Ayton or Poeltl.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              The problem with Turner is he's injury prone. Of all the C's the are supposedly available(Gobert, Poeltl, Turner, Ayton), Turner is the one that don't interest me. I wouldn't trade OG for him.

With Gobert, the problem with Gobert is his contract. 40million/year? 46million in 25-26 season? that's crazy.

But like I said many times i'm fine with Precious as the starting C, but if we're going to trade for one of the 4 guys that I mentioned. I want either Ayton or Poeltl.
              Maybe Turner would be a different player in Toronto, but he just seems like a guy that has grown accustomed to losing.

I'd really love to have Ayton cause he's still got another level to hit I think. Just going to cost too much to make it worth while.

Comment

• If Poeltl is available, I think he should be top priority over the other Cs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

One extra point here. If we trade for Turner and he has a good season he could command $30M+, we're talking about Trent at $25 and Turner is a lot more valuable when at his best. He's not gonna be cheap unless he stinks it up. So the gap between his deal and Rudy's isn't as big as you think.

We all know you don't want Gobert, that's clear at this point.

A lot of us do.

Agree to disagree on this one. Odds are it won't matter anyways and Precious is our starting C.

Only move I find likely is Trent for picks / cheaper piece.
                  I did think about that so I put it this way. I just feel like Turner has more residual value 2 year from now. I figure Turner will end up getting 25-27.

Financially though let's say you give him 30 million flat....he is 26 when that deal is starting. Rudy is 30 in a few days. So that is the difference right there.
                  I think its a fair debate to look at turner, poeltl especially if we are going to talk about gobert but fair point.

My prediction is OG is on our team. I stand by the notion that there are cheaper options even on the MLE market if that is the direction they want to go.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    If Poeltl is available, I think he should be top priority over the other Cs.
                    yeah but will he stick around past his last year of his contract?! why should he?! Raptors traded his ass.

Something like this would probably work out in a trade (with Raptors also tossing in the 2nd round pick): http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2yl5kkqy

I still think its too much for OG.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      If Poeltl is available, I think he should be top priority over the other Cs.
                      Poeltl will likely be worth at least a first rounder. We gave up ours in 2022. Do we give up another for Poeltl? San Antonio is not going to give him away. Maybe we just wait until the deadline when he's a rental. His price will be cheaper then. Might be able to get him for 2nd rounders.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Poeltl will likely be worth at least a first rounder. We gave up ours in 2022. Do we give up another for Poeltl? San Antonio is not going to give him away. Maybe we just wait until the deadline when he's a rental. His price will be cheaper then. Might be able to get him for 2nd rounders.
                        We risk losing him to a contender if his value comes down to that.

Comment

• Man I hope we do nothing this off-season, maybe add bench depth at most. I get the feeling these guys are gonna kill it next season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

yeah but will he stick around past his last year of his contract?! why should he?! Raptors traded his ass.

Something like this would probably work out in a trade (with Raptors also tossing in the 2nd round pick): http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2yl5kkqy

I still think its too much for OG.
                            Do you remember who his best friend is?

Comment

Do you remember who his best friend is?
                              Things change.

Friendship ain't enough to keep team-mates together, its business first.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Things change.

Friendship ain't enough to keep team-mates together, its business first.
                                depends on what we pay him then. He definitely won't be getting crazy crazy money but he will get a boost in salary to say the least as he should. That is fine. He is a good center performing at a borderline all defence level. I dig it.

Comment

Working...
                                X