Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Maybe Turner would be a different player in Toronto, but he just seems like a guy that has grown accustomed to losing.

I'd really love to have Ayton cause he's still got another level to hit I think. Just going to cost too much to make it worth while.
    Actually I'm going to take back the part about wanting Ayton. Just don't see the fit for the Raps.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Actually I'm going to take back the part about wanting Ayton. Just don't see the fit for the Raps.
      specifically for centers I rank them like this:

Turner -> Poeltl -> Ayton.

Primarily because of cost but also because of what they bring and how they fit. You could swap Poeltl with Turner if you want.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

yeah but will he stick around past his last year of his contract?! why should he?! Raptors traded his ass.

Something like this would probably work out in a trade (with Raptors also tossing in the 2nd round pick): http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2yl5kkqy

I still think its too much for OG.
        I read a Spurs fan blog and their proposed trade to acquire OG was Poeltl + McDermott plus a 1st.

They were also thinking they may need to include Vassell instead of McDermott.

So Spurs fans value OG higher than you do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I read a Spurs fan blog and their proposed trade to acquire OG was Poeltl + McDermott plus a 1st.

I proposed that here I had no idea it was talked about others.... what is Vassells salary? Also it would have to be the number 9.

Comment

• Christian Wood off to Dallas.. I know there were a few advocates of his here.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/stat...AFBHcCl8GutA9Q
            Last edited by GinobilisBaldSpot; Wed Jun 15, 2022, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
              Christian Wood off to Dallas.. I know there were a few advocates of his here.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/stat...AFBHcCl8GutA9Q
              4 (bench) players and late first for Christian Wood. Whoa. That's got to impact the Mav's bench depth. Not sure it's worth it, unless there's another move coming. Houston needed to move him to give their young bigs play time next season. To get a first out of the trade is a plus. Wood had some detractors in Houston.

EDIT - I doubt Houston keeps all, or any of these guys. They want to give their young players time on the court.
              Last edited by blackjitsu; Wed Jun 15, 2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

They do not, I merely pointed what kind of a trade it might take to get him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's just math. Look at the salary tables for each team.. they will add up to about the same. Some teams are willing to pay a lot of luxury tax to keep their team together (like Golden State). Others don't (like Phoenix who wants to walk away from Ayton). Utah salary dumped a fan favourite in Ingles once he got hurt. They are talking about blowing things up as well with all those Gobert rumours.

Lakers have nobody outside those 3, and is a big reason why they missed the playoffs completely. Monk and Nunn went there on super cheap deals. A lot of their signings were vet minimums. They also decided against bringing back Caruso as they didn't want a big tax bill.

Clippers are willing to pay a lot of tax because Ballmer uses the Clippers as a side hobby. The man is loaded.

Nuggets are going to be in trouble and I think every fan knows. This could be how Murray becomes available. They'll likely want to move Porter Jr first if they can, but they just gave him a huge extension. I mean they just salary dumped JaMychal Green to OKC a day or two ago.

Bucks wanted a chip and got it, but they may make some difficult decisions. Ibaka is only making about $9M and is a UFA. Lopez may resign for cheaper to stay with the team that brought him success. But there are rumours they might trade Middleton since their tax bill might get too high.

A lot of the Heat players are on rookie deals. Herro is not paid yet. But once he does, the Heat may have to make a difficult decision. Oladipo is likely coming back for a larger deal (right now he's making about $2M). I think they end up salary dumping Duncan Robinson by giving up a pick to do so.

Boston's salary structure is similar to Toronto's. But they will be a tax team next year (by about $7M) unless they make some moves.

76ers don't have much after their big three (incl. Tobias) and rumours are they want to salary dump Danny Green as well. Things will get difficult when Maxey gets an extension but they are a few years from that.

Thanks for the thoughtful response

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

4 (bench) players and late first for Christian Wood. Whoa. That's got to impact the Mav's bench depth. Not sure it's worth it, unless there's another move coming. Houston needed to move him to give their young bigs play time next season. To get a first out of the trade is a plus. Wood had some detractors in Houston.

EDIT - I doubt Houston keeps all, or any of these guys. They want to give their young players time on the court.
                    it will not hurt their depth as not a single one of those players were in their rotation in the playoffs (those four players averaged 2.0 to 3.8 mpg).

christian wood's trade value was almost zero. a late first and four players to be waived or who will battle in camp to make the league's worst roster.

you can see why some posters here were pretty offended at the suggestion of trading OG or GTJ for him

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

specifically for centers I rank them like this:

Turner -> Poeltl -> Ayton.

Primarily because of cost but also because of what they bring and how they fit. You could swap Poeltl with Turner if you want.
                      Not big on any of these guys, but maybe there is a fit with Poeltl since there is some chemistry with Pascal already.

We project as a forward dominant team with the bulk of our offense coming likely from Pascal and Scottie. Those guys do most of their scoring from around the paint so having a C that parks themself under the rim doesn't help the offense. They really do just need a role player at C, not an All Star type guy. The best thing a C can do for our offense is hit open 3's and make smart passes.

Comment

• Christian Wood is over rated.

Will be exposed in Dallas.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

That’s a fantastic trade for the Mavs. Those guys were barely playing. Frees up a ton of roster spots and gives them a fringe all-star with size and skill to play with Luka who can finish and rebound. They are in win now mode, so a late first rounder does nothing for them. Wood is really talented.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Christian Wood is over rated.

Will be exposed in Dallas.
                            he is also very immature in my opinion... he left the game in the middle of it purely because he got in an argument with a coach.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he is also very immature in my opinion... he left the game in the middle of it purely because he got in an argument with a coach.
                              He put all stars numbers on the worst teams.

Never been to the playoffs.

Was just traded for spare parts to match salaries & a late first round pick.

Houston kicked around his name for a whole year & this is the best offer they got : "A late first round pick"

Nobody In the league was fooled.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That’s a fantastic trade for the Mavs. Those guys were barely playing. Frees up a ton of roster spots and gives them a fringe all-star with size and skill to play with Luka who can finish and rebound. They are in win now mode, so a late first rounder does nothing for them. Wood is really talented.
                                yeah it's a no brainer from the dallas perspective but i can't wait to see how they enjoy playing with a guy who still thinks he's the number one option on a team with luka doncic.

Comment

Working...
                                X