Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Gasol wasn't 23 years old and the cap was a lot lower then. If Gasol was 23 and still playing he'd be getting Gobert money.
    i'd have loved to have gotten gasol at age 23

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i'd have loved to have gotten gasol at age 23
      Oddly enough, his worst years statistically (by far) were his seasons in Toronto. Even worse than his age 24 rookie season.
      The only season that was worse was his final with the Lakers.

If you wanted him at age 23, he was still in Spain

Comment

• It will be interesting to see what the dubs would except as a sign and trade. They do have some power because he’s a RFA. I would think Gary, Flynn, and something else would be pretty damn good trade package.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Oddly enough, his worst years statistically (by far) were his seasons in Toronto. Even worse than his age 24 rookie season.
          The only season that was worse was his final with the Lakers.

If you wanted him at age 23, he was still in Spain
          Wasn't he a draft and stash, so they could have brought him over sooner but didn't?

Also, not surprised his Toronto stats were the worst, he was on his last legs.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            It will be interesting to see what the dubs would except as a sign and trade. They do have some power because he’s a RFA. I would think Gary, Flynn, and something else would be pretty damn good trade package.
            For who from the dubs?

Comment

• I’m not worried about the fit with Precious. Precious will still get a ton of time playing back up 4/5.

Ayton, Pascal OG, Fred, Scottie is a great starting lineup. Hopefully we seen a bit of improvement in Pascal’s & Scottie’s 3 pt shooting.

still would have to figure out the bench Precious and Boucher….. we need to find guard depth

Comment

For who from the dubs?
                Suns…. Auto correct??

Comment

Wasn't he a draft and stash, so they could have brought him over sooner but didn't?

Also, not surprised his Toronto stats were the worst, he was on his last legs.
                  Judging by his age, could be. I didn't know much about Marc Gasol when he was first drafted. I don't know if Euros were as heavily scouted or drafted as they are today.

Gasol was (rightfully) lauded for his leadership, passing and bball IQ while in Toronto. And chugging beer lol
                  But I also can't get the memory out of my head of him constantly passing up easy looks like he was allergic to them. Even his assist totals were no screaming h*ll while he was here.

Comment

I’m not worried about the fit with Precious. Precious will still get a ton of time playing back up 4/5.

Ayton, Pascal OG, Fred, Scottie is a great starting lineup. Hopefully we seen a bit of improvement in Pascal’s & Scottie’s 3 pt shooting.

still would have to figure out the bench Precious and Boucher….. we need to find guard depth
                    Banton is gonna be good this year. In your proposed lineup he's top gaurd off the bench. Probably use our pick on guard depth too unless we need to send it out in the Ayton trade. I'm also hopeful David Johnson can be a bench contributor, and Champagnie can function as a guard too.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the dubs would except as a sign and trade. They do have some power because he’s a RFA. I would think Gary, Flynn, and something else would be pretty damn good trade package.
                      I'm a little dubious that if Suns say they are open to S&T Ayton on a max deal to anyone that Trent plus trash is gonna be the best offer they get. I think it will take OG.

Comment

I mean, if they'll take Trent + filler for Ayton then 100% do that and don't look back. I just don't find that realistic, but would love to be proven wrong.
                        Agreed
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• did we get gobert yet?

Comment

Banton is gonna be good this year. In your proposed lineup he's top gaurd off the bench. Probably use our pick on guard depth too unless we need to send it out in the Ayton trade. I'm also hopeful David Johnson can be a bench contributor, and Champagnie can function as a guard too.
                            I expect johnson to be on a two way

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I expect johnson to be on a two way
                              We'll probably need the 2 way for UDFA. We'll have room for Johnson. Lots of scrubs that were on deals won't be here next year like Yuta, Svi, Bonga, and Armoni Brooks will be battling for a spot too. Forgot about that guy.

Comment

For Ayton? Maybe if that something else was OG but doubtful you get a young top 5 C with Trent as the centre piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X