Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

We'll probably need the 2 way for UDFA. We'll have room for Johnson. Lots of scrubs that were on deals won't be here next year like Yuta, Svi, Bonga, and Armoni Brooks will be battling for a spot too. Forgot about that guy.
    remember we have two two ways.

So right now as it is today you have 15 players on the roster.

Subtract bonga and yuta automatically that brings you to 13.

Armoni brooks isn't guaranteed so lets subtract him out that is 12.

Svi is the question mark right now does he opt in or not.. if he does space now gets a little cramped.

If you assume svi opts in then you have 12 players. You assume the 33rd pick is going to be on the roster. You add in (fingers crossed) julian C. in the UDFA. Add the MLE and you are back up at 14 spots already. Assuming Thad and Boucher are back. meaning 1 spot with the following guys fighting over that spot. Unless we end up using the biannual exception If we do that brings it up to 15. I have a sneaking suspicion that they will use the FULL MLE but not use the bi-annual unless Svi is ejected from this team either by his own will or some other way. His guarantee date is one day before the draft.

Johnson if he isn't on a two way again.

Jalen Harris.

Armoni Brooks.

UDFA potentially.

I am thinking Svi may opt out and I am hoping he does because realistically he doesn't have a spot on this roster. He also is only guaranteed for the minimum. I can see them packaging Svi and someone to get you up to certain salary floors for trades if he opts in. It isn't necessary either.

I do not want to use assets to get rid of any sort of salary.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      It will be interesting to see what the dubs would except as a sign and trade. They do have some power because he’s a RFA. I would think Gary, Flynn, and something else would be pretty damn good trade package.
      the dubs?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Agreed
        Lol….

here you are saying Trent is trash all season long until the wee hours of the night and yet you agree on the possibility of getting Ayton for your trash as the centerpiece.

You have game 6 to look forward to, trash Draymond, wash up Klay and one trick Pony are all playing for that ring.

good luck

Comment

• Re the Blazers rumour. I'd pull the trigger if there's a player that I like at 7. There are a couple of players that I like that should be available at 7. One is Dyson Daniels and the other is Malaki Branham.

This draft imo is a lot like the 2011 draft. I wouldn't be surprised if a player that gets drafted in the mid 1st round ends being better than any of the top 3 pick. The first 3 players that got drafted in the 2011 draft were Kyrie, Williams and Kanter. Kawhi is better than all those guys. Pretty sure everyone would agree with that. Butler who drafted 30th overall is also better than any of those guys. Klay Thompson I believe was drafted 11th overall is also better than all of those guys. I'm getting that kind of vibe this year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Lol….

here you are saying Trent is trash all season long until the wee hours of the night and yet you agree on the possibility of getting Ayton for your trash as the centerpiece.

You have game 6 to look forward to, trash Draymond, wash up Klay and one trick Pony are all playing for that ring.

good luck
            Wannabee tough guy blabbing non sense again.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• u guy like ayton he is not a rim protector it’s either gobert or turner or go to the draft i have spoken

Comment

• use your connection and tell MU i will build it. i will put $1000 up i can out drafting bobby and his staff any day of the week 365 24/7. i will tell them how to use the players and what players to target. 100k a year cause i can’t make less than what i am making right now

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  u guy like ayton he is not a rim protector it’s either gobert or turner or go to the draft i have spoken
                  I mean he ranks in the 83rd percentile for rim defence so I don't know what you are talking about in terms of ayton. I am fine not getting ayton but I have also said for a long time as long as the price is alright I wont be mad either. Turner by comparison is 94th percentile. Gobert is 99th percentile.

What is interesting is in terms of block percentage Turner is 100th percentile. Rudy is 98th. Rudy doesn't have a very high rim defence percentage though because he is better with his positioning so I THINK he acts as a better deterrent. Ayton is better than you think though.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I mean he ranks in the 83rd percentile for rim defence so I don't know what you are talking about in terms of ayton. I am fine not getting ayton but I have also said for a long time as long as the price is alright I wont be mad either. Turner by comparison is 94th percentile. Gobert is 99th percentile.

What is interesting is in terms of block percentage Turner is 100th percentile. Rudy is 98th. Rudy doesn't have a very high rim defence percentage though because he is better with his positioning so I THINK he acts as a better deterrent. Ayton is better than you think though.
                    damn it’s so hard for me to speak in numbers but my question to help bridge the gap what is robert williams rim protection stat? cause that’s not good enough and i would bet ayton is below that

Comment

damn it’s so hard for me to speak in numbers but my question to help bridge the gap what is robert williams rim protection stat? cause that’s not good enough and i would bet ayton is below that
                      in terms of rim defence overall he is 97th percentile 99th percentile block percentage... low rim frequency (percentage of opponent shots that player is able to contest a shot) 3rd percentile... So if you compare that last number to turner... turner is in the 98th percentile for that...

Comment

in terms of rim defence overall he is 97th percentile 99th percentile block percentage... low rim frequency (percentage of opponent shots that player is able to contest a shot) 3rd percentile... So if you compare that last number to turner... turner is in the 98th percentile for that...

ok so ayton is out based on your numbers and my eye test, correct? if u want below the rim draft jaylin williams for that on the cheap
                        Last edited by grindhouse; Thu Jun 16, 2022, 09:16 PM.

Comment

ok so ayton is out based on your numbers and my eye test, correct? if u want below the rim draft jaylin williams for that on the cheap
                          in terms of the draft? IF and a big IF we draft a center to address that need two names for you:

Koloko
                          -athletic probably top 3 defensive guy in this draft. Seems to have enough athleticism to guard in switch coverage as well especially if you work him with the right angles.

Jaylin Williams
                          -Defensively more inconsistent by comparison but overall has good positioning takes charges and he can pass at a solid solid solid rate.

Between the two Jaylin is a different style of player some call him Gasol Lite. Koloko is more interesting from an overall stand point if he can reach his offensive potential. He isn't raw on offence but he hasn't demonstrated a shooting stroke outside of in an empty gym but if you wanted a "rim runner" then he has an extremely high PER. I would rather get Koloko and gamble on him because I think he can gain the other stuff.

He is 7'1. With a 7'4 wing span. I like both but Koloko may not fall past 25. If we go away from Koloko that is ok though. Williams likely will be available. Want another interesting fact? He is from the same village as Siakam.

Comment

in terms of the draft? IF and a big IF we draft a center to address that need two names for you:

Koloko
                            -athletic probably top 3 defensive guy in this draft. Seems to have enough athleticism to guard in switch coverage as well especially if you work him with the right angles.

Jaylin Williams
                            -Defensively more inconsistent by comparison but overall has good positioning takes charges and he can pass at a solid solid solid rate.

Between the two Jaylin is a different style of player some call him Gasol Lite. Koloko is more interesting from an overall stand point if he can reach his offensive potential. He isn't raw on offence but he hasn't demonstrated a shooting stroke outside of in an empty gym but if you wanted a "rim runner" then he has an extremely high PER. I would rather get Koloko and gamble on him because I think he can gain the other stuff.

He is 7'1. With a 7'4 wing span. I like both but Koloko may not fall past 25. If we go away from Koloko that is ok though. Williams likely will be available. Want another interesting fact? He is from the same village as Siakam.
                            fair overall i look at williams as the better basketball player koloko is a raw athlete. u have $50 left in your pocket where u spending it? if MU says koloko it’s one of those picks where i would be like ok let’s see, put your money up

Comment

fair overall i look at williams as the better basketball player koloko is a raw athlete. u have $50 left in your pocket where u spending it? if MU says koloko it’s one of those picks where i would be like ok let’s see, put your money up
                              Depends. There are things they learn in private workouts and interviews. I lean towards Koloko but I go back and forth everyday.

In terms of free agents just get Hartenstein if you want a big.

Comment

Depends.

In terms of free agents just get Hartenstein if you want a big.
                                back up center but not your starting center on a championship team. could be a good filler if we don’t get gobert or turner or draft for a year

Comment

Working...
                                X