No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you guys talk about Covington, would you sign him even if Thad and Boucher are back in town?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote:

you guys retarded i am out
      Good
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• grindhouse wrote:

fuck u moron
        Damn. What did I do? why are you so riled up? lol. Joey
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• grindhouse wrote:

you guys retarded i am out. dumbest thing i have heard in years. clearing people don’t want to win. clearly people don’t know anything about basketball.
          Because swearing at other posters is peak basketball knowledge?

Comment

• Portis is another interesting name. Milwaukee projects to be in the tax. They cheaped out and let PJ walk last year. You throw the MLE at him you get better and weaken Milwaukee at the same time they would not be able to replace him. Shot 39% from 3 this year. He might even be considered a center which would make someone happy.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
              When you guys talk about Covington, would you sign him even if Thad and Boucher are back in town?
              I would not, no. But I think Masai and Bobby would lol.

Comment

• grindhouse relax. People can have diffrent ideas than you on the way forward. You don't need to resort to that. Much better ways to get your point across, then picking up your ball and going home lobbing insults.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  It's really too bad Malachi Flynn has so far not been that guy everyone here says we need (shooter, guard, depth ball handler). It's a hole that he's so far failed to fill in multiple opportunities aside from a nice game here or a nice quarter there
                  Just curious: Does anybody believe in 2nd year wall? T Hero might be an exceptional example of that, but there are others.
                  Fred cannot keep playing almost 40 mins -wonder if his current situation (injuries) are direct result. More Barnes at PG? Still need a reliable veteran backup PG (Wright?). Take a chance on Flynn 1 more year?
                  Solid shooter off the bench? P Mills? (Id imagine he may not come back to Brooklyn, considering next year Harris back & even more limited shots).

My personal priorities would be:
                  -Shooter off the bench (glaring hole);
                  -Backup PG (another glaring hole, unless Masai believes in Barnes or Flynn) -Id like to see Scottie 30 mins at PG (FVV at 2 MOSTLY).
                  -Center -Id like to give this Helter-skelter D w 4 -6 8" guys more time. IMO it did improve a lot since beginning & Precious is giving me TONS of reasons for optimism. Can Turner be had on the cheap? Can Masai "dig out" another failed Bagley or Bagley look alike (thinking Toppin, T Bryant, D Hunter, J Collins or Reddish)?

It appears to me that this off season there might be lots of top 15-30 players available -Mitchel, Gobert, Lillard, Beal, Brown (if Boston goes down this round as I expect), A Davis (& don't laugh Lebron too), J Butler, Simmons, Zion W, Wiggins, Klay T...Id guess a lot depends on how some teams end up in playoffs. Major disappointments in LA & NY to start...
                  If all stars (or border line all stars) are unhappy, there only so many teams with young assets that can accommodate that.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

we have a real problem in toronto when it comes to media. this is concerning, 45min interview and not one single journalist asked about a center!

45 mins and no real hard questions asked. i am starting to think people are getting paid under the table or something. who here knows who was in that room?
                    He did address Center

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I agree, Precious to start and Trent to bench helps balance on the bench (first 3 guys aren't all bigs), shooting on the bench, and depth (by next year we'll likely have 6 guys deserving close to 30 min)

The question becomes if Trent is willing to go that route.
                      I am a firm believer that Trent has to be moved (alone or together with ???? (OG or FVV or Pascal for an elite shooter -Thinking Mitchel or Lillard. Obviously needs few more parts & tweaking).
                      If he has a great year next (improves a lot), opts out & max contact or gone; If he regresses -We are stuck with him for option year.
                      As for will he be happy? I highly doubt it as he is going in option year.
                      Does it make sense to move him to bench? Yes & no. We get better bench & shooting but, first unit is already super thin on shooting after Fred.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Center is not an issue. Obviously would be nice to have someone like Embiid, Jokic or even Gobert. But those guys aren't going anywhere.. Raptors are fine at the C position. What we need is depth(shooting) and a starting 2 guard.
                        Well, center is an issue, but much bigger issues (IMO) as you stated is shooting & backup PG.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                          I am a firm believer that Trent has to be moved (alone or together with ???? (OG or FVV or Pascal for an elite shooter -Thinking Mitchel or Lillard. Obviously needs few more parts & tweaking).
                          If he has a great year next (improves a lot), opts out & max contact or gone; If he regresses -We are stuck with him for option year.
                          As for will he be happy? I highly doubt it as he is going in option year.
                          Does it make sense to move him to bench? Yes & no. We get better bench & shooting but, first unit is already super thin on shooting after Fred.
                          Dame is not who I would target because he has had those abdominal issues for the past few years. Dame is also looking to get paid a supermax. Mitchell is going to cost 35 mill at the end of his deal. Dame will cost 60. Across a similar time period.

Comment

Well, center is an issue, but much bigger issues (IMO) as you stated is shooting & backup PG.
                            yeah I mean we have enough to stop gap the issues of the center rotation.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                              When you guys talk about Covington, would you sign him even if Thad and Boucher are back in town?
                              yes

Comment

Precious is fine as the starting C. What they need is a reliable backup big and not just a warm body like Birch.

Main issues they need to address:

1. Starting 2 guard
                                2. Depth(we need shooting)
                                3. Backup big
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X