Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Ayton is only 23. He's the ideal guy you max out when you are a rebuilding team. OKC had no problem maxing out Shai and he's the same age.
    Shai was their free agent. Very different than trying to sign away someone else's restricted free agent.

If they don't resign Shai they can't turn him into a bunch of picks later down the road like you know they want to.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Shai was their free agent. Very different than trying to sign away someone else's restricted free agent.
      But why? Again Ayton is only 23 years old. Why wouldn't a rebuilding team want him? It's not like he's a finished product. Just like Shai isn't a finished product. And it's not like Shai has helped OKC stop their tanking.

Comment

But why? Again Ayton is only 23 years old. Why wouldn't a rebuilding team want him? It's not like he's a finished product. Just like Shai isn't a finished product. And it's not like Shai has helped OKC stop their tanking.
        If OKC offered Ayton the max Phoenix would say we're matching unless you send us draft picks and a good young player. Those are the two things OKC is unwilling to part with. It didn't cost them any assets to resign Shai, it preserved an asset for a future trade.

Comment

• I also think Ayton has a lot more value for a team that is ready to contend for the title. He's not good enough to build around, but he's an excellent finishing piece to a contending roster.

Comment

If OKC offered Ayton the max Phoenix would say we're matching unless you send us draft picks and a good young player. Those are the two things OKC is unwilling to part with. It didn't cost them any assets to resign Shai, it preserved an asset for a future trade.
            Who said anything about a S&T. This is what I was responding to:

Primer wrote: View Post

He could fit yes but a rebuilding team typically doesn't max out a free agent acquisition which is much more of a win now move. The teams willing to max Ayton think they can contend for the championship next season. That's why he doesn't really make sense for any of them.

You implied that a rebuilding team wouldn't want to max out a free agent. And only championship contending teams would want him. I think that's a bit absurd unless you think Ayton is a finished product or something. I'm arguing that a rebuilding team would love to have a guy like that on their team, and pay the max to get him.

If Phoenix matches, the rebuilding team moves on with their lives. No need for a S&T.

Comment

• I am loosing my s%%^ with these idiots writers, internet trolls, who just don't know nothing about basketball and put out dumb trades..so stupid.
              We got another one about OG..listen raptors aren't moving him, unless it'superstar back.
              Jakob Poeltl for OG..lol..omg..are these guys on crack, stupid..f^$% dumb.
              If the raptors want Poeltl..the more realistic deal would be..Flynn, Byrch and first rd pick and even that is 2 much.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Who said anything about a S&T. This is what I was responding to:

You implied that a rebuilding team wouldn't want to max out a free agent. And only championship contending teams would want him. I think that's a bit absurd unless you think Ayton is a finished product or something. I'm arguing that a rebuilding team would love to have a guy like that on their team, and pay the max to get him.

If Phoenix matches, the rebuilding team moves on with their lives. No need for a S&T.
                Well, we'll see. Not too long until free agency starts.
                Last edited by Primer; Sun Jun 19, 2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• So if Portland offer the 7th pick for OG, you guys don't do it?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                    So if Portland offer the 7th pick for OG, you guys don't do it?
                    Correct, that's an awful return for OG. The talent available at number 7 is pretty meh.

Comment

So Atkinson agrees to be the next head coach for Charlotte. The Warriors win the chip, and now he's snubbing them and saying nah I changed my mind. I'll just continue to be an assistant over here.

Kenny with the cold blooded move there. Why accept if he didn't mean it? Charlotte has to go through that hiring process again now.
                      It was all set up by Steve Kerr as an eye for an eye revenge on Michael Jordan.

Comment

But why? Again Ayton is only 23 years old. Why wouldn't a rebuilding team want him? It's not like he's a finished product.
                        The problem is that if the rumors are true that he isn't a hard worker than that can hinder some teams interest in him if that's in his DNA.

San Antonio Spurs level - Hell no!

Vs.

Sacramento Kings level - We are easily impressed with his offensive stats.

Comment

Correct, that's an awful return for OG. The talent available at number 7 is pretty meh.
                          It would have to be a scenario where a) Masai loves a guy that is there at 7, and b) Portland kicks in a good deal additional value, like a win now role player and a good prospect.

Seems like a long shot. OG isn't likely to be moved because teams are looking to buy low and Masai will not be selling low.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lol. Scottie just called out that reporter who 'broke out' the OG story
                            and here we are still discussing it.
                            OG will stay, and Ayton is not coming,
                            becoz he is NOT the piece that we need.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                              So if Portland offer the 7th pick for OG, you guys don't do it?
                              tolzman said he doesn't think anyone at 7 is going to be as good as og so no

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

tolzman said he doesn't think anyone at 7 is going to be as good as og so no
                                The espn mock draft has Dyson Daniel's going 7th and I'm 100% confident he will never be as good a player as OG. This draft is incredibly underwhelming.

Comment

Working...
                                X