Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Is OG extension eligible this offseason? I feel like that might be what all this is about and the Raps signs him to a 4 year $95M+ deal shortly.
    next year

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      No way they include Simons

It’s obviously 7+Hart which is a hard no
      Yeah Portland looks determined to put a winning roster around Dame this off season. They want Grant and OG paired together to anchor Portland's defense, but still need Simmons' scoring. But then again they have Hart who can score as well, so maybe they go for it.

Comment

• The theory I liked that I heard (not a sourced rumour, just a thought) is that based on actual sourced rumours that the Thunder really want to trade for a second top 10 pick to pair with their #2, and the Blazers want OG and are very willing to trade their pick and are even tied to the Thunder in talks (with 12 coming back), that maybe the Raptors are trying to leverage an OG move into Shai Gilgeous Alexander. Not sure how they would pull it off but I could see it being their goal in entertaining such talk (if they even are...), as right now it feels like the Blazers don't have an offer that would interest the Raps straight up. Maybe I'll figure out a deal that would work at some point.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          The theory I liked that I heard (not a sourced rumour, just a thought) is that based on actual sourced rumours that the Thunder really want to trade for a second top 10 pick to pair with their #2, and the Blazers want OG and are very willing to trade their pick and are even tied to the Thunder in talks (with 12 coming back), that maybe the Raptors are trying to leverage an OG move into Shai Gilgeous Alexander. Not sure how they would pull it off but I could see it being their goal in entertaining such talk (if they even are...), as right now it feels like the Blazers don't have an offer that would interest the Raps straight up. Maybe I'll figure out a deal that would work at some point.
          I thought about Shai, went with talking about Murray since there are reports Spurs are seeing what the interest for Murray is. Shai would cost more than Murray would in a trade

If Masai/Bobby pull off something wild like Shai or Murray with only OG and probably Gary going out, I'm happy.

Comment

• I'm liking the start of this day on the forum, this is fun!

Comment

• Shao is the dream… I’m cool with moving OG + sweetener for a player of that calibre.

At least we know if OG is getting traded, we’re getting a proper return. My preference is that he isn’t moved, but we’ll see how this shakes out.

Comment

• It seems like Dejounte Murray is paying attention to that Jake Fisher tweet about him. Lol.

He is a way better get than SGA IMO.

D.Murray is a great long term replacement to Van Vleet. Two way guard with no physical limitations like the current point guard. He can be a great partner to Scottie like what Jrue to Giannis

If it took Bledsoe/ Hill and picks to get Jrue then do it.

Center the offer with VanVleet and OG including future picks to get him.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  This is confusing to me. The Raps got GTJ. They got the player that they valued from the Blazers. Who cares if the Blazers want him back. The Raps have him.

Did people forget that the Raps have Masai and Bobby? Would either one of those guys trade 2/5ths of their starters in one trade that didn't include someone like Kawhi?

If it matters, OG was seen at OVO training yesterday.
                  https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/...DR6czx2dwqAAAA

He has a reasonable contract, and the Raps have multiple years of control.

I can't wait for the Raps to draft someone none of us have heard of, or we all rate poorly tomorrow, so that this fake OG nonsense disappears.
                  There were rumours not too long ago about OG being unhappy with his role and wanting a bigger opportunity to maximize his earnings. Maybe this wasn't bullshit and maybe the desire for that is great enough that he's willing to stir the shit to get it? Maybe Masai is looking to get out in front of a developing problem?

There's no issue in dealing OG now if the price is right. If he demands a bigger role and doesn't get it here then it's going to be hard to get him to happily come back and I'm sure they don't want anyone on the team harbouring resentment. I'm sure they care about OG and to a certain degree understand where he's at in his career. Good team cultures involve caring about the players and sometimes that means letting them go... For an impressive price.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    The theory I liked that I heard (not a sourced rumour, just a thought) is that based on actual sourced rumours that the Thunder really want to trade for a second top 10 pick to pair with their #2, and the Blazers want OG and are very willing to trade their pick and are even tied to the Thunder in talks (with 12 coming back), that maybe the Raptors are trying to leverage an OG move into Shai Gilgeous Alexander. Not sure how they would pull it off but I could see it being their goal in entertaining such talk (if they even are...), as right now it feels like the Blazers don't have an offer that would interest the Raps straight up. Maybe I'll figure out a deal that would work at some point.
                    I had the same thoughts as you with regards to Shai.. But I believe Shai still has his poison pill contract as he signed an extension last summer. So it will be hard to pull off. We'll have to take in about $29M yet his outgoing salary will be about $5.5M.

Comment

• Why do the Spurs want to trade Murray? Do we know anything about that?

Comment

• Dejounte Murray has the natural gifts and the proper seasoning under arguably the best training ground in Popovich school of fundamentals….he will be a superstar sooner than later, but if that is too much of a hot take, then I would settle with the take that he can be the best complementary player to Scottie’s skillset.

If the consensus around here before is not to trade VanVleet just for the sake of trading him but to wait for the right moment, then this is the most opportune time.

Dejounte Murray is available and we go get a player like him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Why do the Spurs want to trade Murray? Do we know anything about that?
                          I've read rumors of them potentially tanking for Victor Wembanyama for the 2023 draft.

I've seen reports of them listening to offers, but not them wanting to actually trade Murray.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I've read rumors of them potentially tanking for Victor Wembanyama for the 2023 draft.

I've seen reports of them listening to offers, but not them wanting to actually trade Murray.
                            That's such a risky and un-Spurs-like thing to do, especially given the lotto restructuring.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

That's such a risky and un-Spurs-like thing to do, especially given the lotto restructuring.
                              Is it un-Spurs like? They tanked after Robinson got injured to draft Duncan. Duncan carried the franchise for the next 20+ years.

They've been stuck since trading Kawhi in 2019. Cycled through a few All stars in Derozan, Aldridge and now they have Murray, but they don't have that next franchise guy.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I thought about Shai, went with talking about Murray since there are reports Spurs are seeing what the interest for Murray is. Shai would cost more than Murray would in a trade

If Masai/Bobby pull off something wild like Shai or Murray with only OG and probably Gary going out, I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X