Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, quite a mystery, the good player might want to play with the good players. Call me magic.
    He tried that with Harden and Irving, that didnt pan out

so I agree, its a mystery

what is also hilarious that you diminish
    a KD with Precious/ Scottie/ OG/ Trent team

hot damn the overvaluing of Siakam and VanVleet
    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Jun 24, 2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• i'd argue that given the high praise he gave to scottie he would want to play with siakam and scottie the one thing he didn't have until harden came was a proper playmaker since kyrie can do it in spurts but it isn't his "super power" James Harden seems to have gotten annoyed and fed up from Kyrie's antics and decided to bounce.

Simmons' fit with BKN is interesting because if his back is good and if his mind is right in theory he provides defensive help (KD is amazing defensively but they ask ALOT of him), and he can be that hypothetical playmaker.

He has also given praise to FVV but ultimately there is no way to know who exactly he would want to play with. What I do know is the raptors could offer a decent package. It ultimately would depend on which direction they want to go in. The teams with heavy pick equity in terms of assets may not necessarily see themselves as wanting KD given what he is being paired with. Clippers and Lakers would want to maintain their premier guys. Perhaps Utah. I think few teams have good young players and own their own picks and have stars. The combination of assets would be up there depending on what Nets desire and what other teams would be potential players.

In the end Kyrie is posturing and angling for a big big contract and it will be interesting who wins out. I think he will ultimately sign the contract but its an interesting hypothetical for now until Kyrie makes his next move official.

If I am the raptors I would prioritize pairing KD with Barnes and Siakam.
      Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Fri Jun 24, 2022, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Well, which team is offering an all star and picks? And are they on KD's list?
        Lol you are the one suggesting that arguably the best basketball player alive won’t net a better package than OG/Trent and picks.

Which team would offer an all star for KD?
        Almost every team that has an all star?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Lol you are the one suggesting that arguably the best basketball player alive won’t net a better package than OG/Trent and picks.

Just wait….he will backtrack it. Lol

Comment

• Nets aint stupid…

Nets: Masai who you are offering for us to give you KD?

Masai/ Bobby: We aint certain but we dont think there is no other offer better than an OG/ Trent and a boat load of middling picks.

After a long crickets wait…..

Masai/ Bobby: are you guys still there? Wtf, did we not switch to Ryan Reynold’s mobile company, what company was that again?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

He tried that with Harden and Irving, that didnt pan out

so I agree, its a mystery

what is also hilarious that you diminish
              a KD with Precious/ Scottie/ OG/ Trent team

hot damn the overvaluing of Siakam and VanVleet
              Yeah silly of me to think our all-NBA guy and all-star who happen to be the main two holdovers from our championship run would be the players Durant would be interested in playing with.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

KD is the best basketball player alive? Right now?

Your position is that every team with an all star would trade that all star plus a pile of picks for KD?

I would suggest that most would not, and that the ones that would, that all star being more valuable and a better fit with Simmons than OG and Trent is extremely questionable.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  Nets aint stupid…

Nets: Masai who you are offering for us to give you KD?

Masai/ Bobby: We aint certain but we dont think there is no other offer better than an OG/ Trent and a boat load of middling picks.

After a long crickets wait…..

Masai/ Bobby: are you guys still there? Wtf, did we not switch to Ryan Reynold’s mobile company, what company was that again?
                  The Nets... aren't stupid? Didn't they just fumble a theoretically dominant big three into a disastrous tear down in a matter of months?

But stupidity aside, if KD is forcing his way out, it comes down to the best offer from the teams on his short list. 34 year old KD is not playing somewhere he doesn't want to be. And yeah, I do think OH and Trent and 4 straight picks/swaps is probably the best offer they'll see. Any team they trade KD to will be expected to have poor picks, that's life when trading a star. If they wanted to trade him for a lotto pick they had to move at the draft.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah silly of me to think our all-NBA guy and all-star who happen to be the main two holdovers from our championship run would be the players Durant would be interested in playing with.
                    DanH wrote: View Post

The Nets... aren't stupid? Didn't they just fumble a theoretically dominant big three into a disastrous tear down in a matter of months?

But stupidity aside, if KD is forcing his way out, it comes down to the best offer from the teams on his short list. 34 year old KD is not playing somewhere he doesn't want to be. And yeah, I do think OH and Trent and 4 straight picks/swaps is probably the best offer they'll see. Any team they trade KD to will be expected to have poor picks, that's life when trading a star. If they wanted to trade him for a lotto pick they had to move at the draft.
                    lol…don’t press your luck buddy, you may have to quit this one while you are ahead.

predicting Koloko does not give you the extension of more than 24 hours reading minds and deciphering with certainty what people are thinking,

bottomline, doubtful we get KD

we are better off shooting for the most gettable piece

Murray/ Poeltl/ McDermott

for

VanVleet/ OG/ Birch
                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Jun 24, 2022, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• hypothetical... if you had to trade siakam and OG would you all still want to get KD?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        hypothetical... if you had to trade siakam and OG would you all still want to get KD?
                        This is tough. I think it depends on if there's a pick package too. KD with Precious, Gary and Fred is not quite the championship roster you'd hope for if you are selling the farm, though Scottie as a partner might be reason enough to be optimistic and go for it.

No/limited picks? Guy like KD is probably worth that bet even as he enters a likely decline, and you can then go chasing another piece with that pick package.

I still maintain the Nets would be weird to want such a return unless they are flipping Simmons, but a worthwhile thought exercise.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This is tough. I think it depends on if there's a pick package too. KD with Precious, Gary and Fred is not quite the championship roster you'd hope for if you are selling the farm, though Scottie as a partner might be reason enough to be optimistic and go for it.

No/limited picks? Guy like KD is probably worth that bet even as he enters a likely decline, and you can then go chasing another piece with that pick package.

I still maintain the Nets would be weird to want such a return unless they are flipping Simmons, but a worthwhile thought exercise.
                          assume the pick equity is the same but they are asking for scottie. or pascal or no deal... maybe with scottie one picks with pascal two. I am purely making this up.

Comment

hypothetical... if you had to trade siakam and OG would you all still want to get KD?
                            this is an open question for anyone honestly.

Comment

I think Gary has to be in any deal we make for KD. If we absolutely have to trade Pascal, then I prefer Pascal and GTJ plus picks for KD.

In your hypothetical trade, I think Brooklyn would have to throw in a player that can contribute along with KD, especially if they want to go younger. Something like OG, Pascal, 2 FRPs for KD, Curry and/or Harris. Not sure about the salary matching, but you get KD and a fantastic shooter. In that case, the starting lineup would be Fred, GTJ, Scottie, KD and Precious.

I take back Pascal being untouchable, but I think trading him will depend on how confident the Raptors are in Scottie becoming the 2nd option and I'll throw in Precious' development as well. I'd prefer if Fred is the 3rd option and not the 2nd.

Comment

• Another summer league player added but this time a Canadian!

Comment

Working...
                                X