No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyways, here's the glass half full look at things if we're not in the KD trade....we get to keep Freddy, Scottie, OG, Pascal and Precious

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Raptors got Otto Porter.

2 years deal (2nd year player option)

that’s an awesome signing!

Comment

• I guess no guard depth and Scottie really is going to take a lot of those minutes. No idea how Nurse is going find minutes for all these guys.

Comment

• Fuck yes to signing OPJ. He was near the top of my list and provides us exactly what we need. So much for key free agents not wanting to come to Toronto, Masai is turning the tide.

As for the KD trade, me thinks you guys are suffering from endowment effect. KD is worth a shit ton more than Pascal + OG and I will die on this hill.

KD is getting older and injuries could be a concern. You know who else injuries were a concern with? Kawhi Leonard!

The Raptors had a protocol to keep Kawhi happy and healthy all season and we won the freaking championship. We can do the EXACT same thing with KD. Our coaches and training staff know how to manage a superstar player to keep them healthy and ready to wreck house in the playoffs.

I would LOVE to swap Pascal + OG for KD and have him for 4 seasons. That's 4 years of truly contending for the championship, 4 guaranteed years where KD can't leave and break our hearts like Kawhi.

Scottie is gonna turn into a superstar himself over those 4 years and can slowly take the load off KD, it's the perfect setup to where we continue to dominate even after KD retires / leaves / stays with us but declines.

If it's Pascal + OG plus picks we still have an amazing squad.

Fred
          Trent
          Scottie
          KD
          Precious

That's a nasty starting lineup.

OPJ
          Thad
          Boucher
          Banton
          Koloko
          Birch
          Young guys

We have a really solid bench behind them too.

I'm sorry but we'd be idiots to not do that trade if it's on the table.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I guess no guard depth and Scottie really is going to take a lot of those minutes. No idea how Nurse is going find minutes for all these guys.
            Or, is there some truth to the OG trade rumors to Portland? Sharpe is a guard prospect with lots of potential.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Fuck yes to signing OPJ. He was near the top of my list and provides us exactly what we need. So much for key free agents not wanting to come to Toronto, Masai is turning the tide.

As for the KD trade, me thinks you guys are suffering from endowment effect. KD is worth a shit ton more than Pascal + OG and I will die on this hill.

KD is getting older and injuries could be a concern. You know who else injuries were a concern with? Kawhi Leonard!

The Raptors had a protocol to keep Kawhi happy and healthy all season and we won the freaking championship. We can do the EXACT same thing with KD. Our coaches and training staff know how to manage a superstar player to keep them healthy and ready to wreck house in the playoffs.

I would LOVE to swap Pascal + OG for KD and have him for 4 seasons. That's 4 years of truly contending for the championship, 4 guaranteed years where KD can't leave and break our hearts like Kawhi.

Scottie is gonna turn into a superstar himself over those 4 years and can slowly take the load off KD, it's the perfect setup to where we continue to dominate even after KD retires / leaves / stays with us but declines.

If it's Pascal + OG plus picks we still have an amazing squad.

Fred
              Trent
              Scottie
              KD
              Precious

That's a nasty starting lineup.

OPJ
              Thad
              Boucher
              Banton
              Koloko
              Birch
              Young guys

We have a really solid bench behind them too.

I'm sorry but we'd be idiots to not do that trade if it's on the table.
              too many injury prone guys who are important in that line up fred will be having a ton of bumps and bruises, OPJ is good but injury prone in the past.... KD.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

too many injury prone guys who are important in that line up fred will be having a ton of bumps and bruises, OPJ is good but injury prone in the past.... KD.
                So let's just not compete for a championship? OG is injury prone too my friend. Moreso than KD.

Comment

• I’m out on KD… I like the team we have. Good personalities, there upside to every player on the roster, with exception to Thad and maybe Khem.

We have to gut our team to get one guy and we already had depth issues. I think the team we have is Championship caliber in twos years, and maybe we take a big swing when we have more depth (through the draft).

I also don’t like the idea of using that much draft equity.

Comment

So let's just not compete for a championship? OG is injury prone too my friend. Moreso than KD.
                    im saying lets keep the chamber loaded but not pull the trigger. OG isn't 34 and he isn't injury prone in the same way not recently.

Comment

• Trading Pascal is the only one where it gets iffy for me. You want Pascal as the #2 guy if KD is on the team. Scottie can get there, but he will only be in his 2nd season. Maybe he exceeds all expectations again and can be the #2 option, if so then trading Pascal becomes easier.

Ideally you want to keep Fred as well, but if we absolutely have to include Fred or Pascal. You trade Fred.

A Bleacher Report article had Raptors trading OG, Gary, 4 FRPs and 3 pick swaps. Thats a lot of years worth of picks, but if you have a team of KD, Fred, Pascal and Scottie, trade all those picks.

Comment

True. However that team really plateaued at that point where they never would reach past the 2nd round. The price of DD who Nurse already decided was not fitting into the vision he wants of this team & Poeltl who was still considered a backup big at the time was a small price to pay.

We still do not know the ceiling of this team yet cause a whole bunch of core pieces are going to improve dramatically this season & beyond.

Primer wrote: View Post
                        Kawhi may have been kept happy but the rest of his teammates weren't exactly thrilled about the king like treatment. Lots of tensions were happening behind the scene. Lots of good fortunes happened to the Raptors during that playoff run (the shot game 7 vs Sixers, FVV waking up vs Bucks & GSW KD +KT going down to injuries at the finals). Those do not normally happened at once in a superstar trade in his first year.

Primer wrote: View Post
                        Brooklyn also thought they would get another 4 seasons.

GSW thought they would retire KD jersey next to other championships cause who would leave a perfect situation due to one's ego?! That guy would!

If KD wanted to come to Toronto, he could have come 2 years ago but he didn't & frankly I don't think the Raptors should break their bank or the core for this egomaniac who may want to force a trade in a year or two if things don't go his way again.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

True. However that team really plateaued at that point where they never would reach past the 2nd round. The price of DD who Nurse already decided was not fitting into the vision he wants of this team & Poeltl who was still considered a backup big at the time was a small price to pay.

We still do not know the ceiling of this team yet cause a whole bunch of core pieces are going to improve dramatically this season & beyond.

Kawhi may have been kept happy but the rest of his teammates weren't exactly thrilled about the king like treatment. Lots of tensions were happening behind the scene. Lots of good fortunes happened to the Raptors during that playoff run (the shot game 7 vs Sixers, FVV waking up vs Bucks & GSW KD +KT going down to injuries at the finals). Those do not normally happened at once in a superstar trade in his first year.

Brooklyn also thought they would get another 4 seasons.

GSW thought they would retire KD jersey next to other championships cause who would leave a perfect situation due to one's ego?! That guy would!

If KD wanted to come to Toronto, he could have come 2 years ago but he didn't & frankly I don't think the Raptors should break their bank or the core for this egomaniac who may want to force a trade in a year or two if things don't go his way again.

Raptors being the stable team that it is, I highly doubt it. KD doesn't have a history of wanting out, this is the first time he is doing it. He left OKC in free agency, which he has a right to do, same with leaving the Warriors.

He requested a trade now with the Nets because of the whole mess with Kyrie and the front office. Basically when you put Kyrie on a team with KD (and Harden who also asked for a trade), its not going to go well.

Comment

• Otto is a good pickup but hope we can still get a guard somewhere to help fred. Dude was broken come playoffs need a real bench guard who can cut his minutes down and take some stress off his body. Maybe donta deivencinco can come in on a cheap deal.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Otto is a good pickup but hope we can still get a guard somewhere to help fred. Dude was broken come playoffs need a real bench guard who can cut his minutes down and take some stress off his body. Maybe donta deivencinco can come in on a cheap deal.
                              Otto and Donte, I'd call that a successful free agency.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Otto is a good pickup but hope we can still get a guard somewhere to help fred. Dude was broken come playoffs need a real bench guard who can cut his minutes down and take some stress off his body. Maybe donta deivencinco can come in on a cheap deal.
                                i think we dont have any sort of spot left right now until we figure out svi out going or are we not giving justin a minimum

Comment

Working...
                                X