Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    So we still have money/space for another FA? Did not think so!
    we technically do because of porters deal and we can also use the bi annual ideally we wanna ship svi out.. I think the market is primarily waiting on the KD thing to shake out.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
      So we still have money/space for another FA? Did not think so!
      We have our Bi-Annual (about $4M) and the rest of the MLE (also about $4M) and we have Kyle's TPE (about $4.8M).

Taxes are a concern.. we usually like ducking that.

The bigger concern is roster spots. A team is allowed 15 players and 2 two-ways. To bring in someone else we'd have to waive either Brooks or Svi, or both. Brooks has $500K guaranteed. Svi has $1.9M guaranteed.

One of the two-ways went to Harper Jr.

Champagnie likely gets one of the roster spots as well. We may also want David Johnson back, or give one of the camp invites a roster spot.

Point being, I doubt we bring in someone else, unless we make some big trade as that could change everything.

Comment

• Roby picked up off waivers by San Antonio...

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          Schroeder is the most logical fit but personality wise does he fit with the locker room.
          The locker room loves wrestling.

Dennis Schroeder? not so much.

Comment

• Touché

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

We have our Bi-Annual (about $4M) and the rest of the MLE (also about $4M) and we have Kyle's TPE (about $4.8M).

Taxes are a concern.. we usually like ducking that.

The bigger concern is roster spots. A team is allowed 15 players and 2 two-ways. To bring in someone else we'd have to waive either Brooks or Svi, or both. Brooks has $500K guaranteed. Svi has $1.9M guaranteed.

One of the two-ways went to Harper Jr.

Champagnie likely gets one of the roster spots as well. We may also want David Johnson back, or give one of the camp invites a roster spot.

Point being, I doubt we bring in someone else, unless we make some big trade as that could change everything.
              i wonder if Harris is able to work his way back to A TEAM

I thought brooks only had 300k guaranteed

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i wonder if Harris is able to work his way back to A TEAM

I thought brooks only had 300k guaranteed
                Actually Brooks is only guaranteed of $50K for this season. He had a $250K guarantee last season which totals the $300K that you mentioned.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Actually Brooks is only guaranteed of $50K for this season. He had a $250K guarantee last season which totals the $300K that you mentioned.
                  I think Brooks could be the surprise player on the roster, if given a real chance and proper role. He came in and played excellent, scrappy defense right off the bat. That shows a high IQ to grasp Nurse’s complex systems. He was getting into a groove near the end of the season, but then Nurse started to tighten up the rotation to prep for the playoffs. Armoni didn’t do anything wrong to lose his spot.

He’s been a lights out 3-pt shooter everywhere except the NBA, so if he gets that going then he could be valuable as the combo guard off the bench that we need. We need to develop a lot more cheap depth, like we used to.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think Brooks could be the surprise player on the roster, if given a real chance and proper role. He came in and played excellent, scrappy defense right off the bat. That shows a high IQ to grasp Nurse’s complex systems. He was getting into a groove near the end of the season, but then Nurse started to tighten up the rotation to prep for the playoffs. Armoni didn’t do anything wrong to lose his spot.

He’s been a lights out 3-pt shooter everywhere except the NBA, so if he gets that going then he could be valuable as the combo guard off the bench that we need. We need to develop a lot more cheap depth, like we used to.
                    him or justin?

Comment

• Thomas Bryant signs with the Lakers on a one year deal.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Thomas Bryant signs with the Lakers on a one year deal.
                        ”Everything Deandre Ayton”

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Thomas Bryant signs with the Lakers on a one year deal.
                          Oh boy, a Bryant wearing purple and yellow jersey.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

”Everything Deandre Ayton”
                            If he comes with a max contract which he probably will, then no thanks.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                just needs his son now

Comment

Working...
                                X