Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Ayton would be a nice addition, but I think you have to look at using someone other than Fred in that trade. Ideally you are trading from a position of strength and for the Raptors it's our forward position, and if you're bringing in Ayton then center as well. We've got OG, Siakam, Barnes, Porter, Precious, Khem, Boucher, Thad and Koloko. And there's a bunch of guys that aren't even in the rotation like Champagnie, Bonga, and Yuta.

Precious should probably be going back the other way if you're trading for Ayton because he probably won't be happy as a back for too long. And probably going to want a raise for his next contract. Maybe OG is part of that package as well just so you can pay Ayton.
    Trent and Birch for Ayton should be enough. Toss in Flynn, if that's necessary.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i only like the idea of getting ayton because of the upside .. I don't think he is a team first guy and there were issues with his attitude in phx
      Not worth the money if you have to give him the max

Comment

• Da Cool Rula wrote: View Post

Not worth the money if you have to give him the max
        The market has spoken loudly that Ayton isn't widely regarded as a max player. Any legit max player will have multiple offers right at the beginning of free agency. If some team actually gives Ayton the max, then it's clearly an over-pay.

Comment

• Yeah we'll see what happens for sure

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The market has spoken loudly that Ayton isn't widely regarded as a max player. Any legit max player will have multiple offers right at the beginning of free agency. If some team actually gives Ayton the max, then it's clearly an over-pay.
            It's also a summer of almost no teams having cap space. It's not necessarily as cut and dry as you make it out there.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's also a summer of almost no teams having cap space. It's not necessarily as cut and dry as you make it out there.
              Yeah, stretching a little bit.... but, when a legit max player is available, multiple teams start making moves to clear cap space. Heck, the Knicks gave up valuable draft capital to clear space for Jalen frickin' Brunson. That says a lot about how badly teams want/value Ayton, since everybody knows he wants the max. Maybe just a continuation of the trend that's devaluing traditional centers.

Comment

Yeah, stretching a little bit.... but, when a legit max player is available, multiple teams start making moves to clear cap space. Heck, the Knicks gave up valuable draft capital to clear space for Jalen frickin' Brunson. That says a lot about how badly teams want/value Ayton, since everybody knows he wants the max. Maybe just a continuation of the trend that's devaluing traditional centers.
                If Ayton could be had for Brunson money many teams would have cleared that much space to make an offer. Ayton wants a LOT more than Brunson got.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If Ayton could be had for Brunson money many teams would have cleared that much space to make an offer. Ayton wants a LOT more than Brunson got.
                  I know, that's what I'm saying. Teams knows that Ayton only wants to sign an offer sheet at the max. Nobody is clearing space for his self-perceived market value and putting forth that offer sheet. So, there doesn't appear to be a market for Ayton at the max... total agreement there. All that changes if the Pacers step up and make that offer. Let's see.

Brunson had a match his own perceived value, so he signed & and that set his market.

Comment

• This is probably unrelated to KD.... but it sort of reminiscent when Phil Handy joined the Raptors the year they signed Kawhi....

Comment

• Indiana cannot sign Ayton until July 9th, as one of the guys in the Brogdon trade from Boston cannot be traded until then. Once that clears, they will have the cap space to sign Ayton to an offer sheet.

So it's a bit of a waiting game still. I think Indiana and Ayton are locks. Let's see whether they agree to a S&T or not with Phoenix.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        This is probably unrelated to KD.... but it sort of reminiscent when Phil Handy joined the Raptors the year they signed Kawhi....

#Spicy4MVP season incoming.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Indiana cannot sign Ayton until July 9th, as one of the guys in the Brogdon trade from Boston cannot be traded until then. Once that clears, they will have the cap space to sign Ayton to an offer sheet.

So it's a bit of a waiting game still. I think Indiana and Ayton are locks. Let's see whether they agree to a S&T or not with Phoenix.
                          could they hypothetically negotiate right now with phx?

I don't think ayton is waiting on phx

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

could they hypothetically negotiate right now with phx?

I don't think ayton is waiting on phx
                            If they wanted to do the S&T then they can negotiate now.. but I doubt Indiana wants to give up an asset if they don't need to. Of course they are gambling on some other team not swooping in and grabbing him.

Comment

• Rico is a great addition! Who’s going to be coaching the Raptors905?

Comment

Trent and Birch for Ayton should be enough. Toss in Flynn, if that's necessary.
                                I would be a bit hesitant to move Trent with again him being one of the few playable guards and guys that can shoot/create offence for himself. I’m probably in the minority that thinks Barnes sort of gives you the defence that OG provides. Not sure how all these guys are going to get minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X