Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G__Deane wrote: View Post
    So Lillard signs a crazy 2 year 122M extension,
    Man $61 million dollars a year that is crazzzzy.

    Comment


    • G__Deane wrote: View Post
      So Lillard signs a crazy 2 year 122M extension, Harden takes a 15M pay cut with Philly in exchange for a 2nd year player option, Wall officially signs with the Clippers (where Ballmer likely paying him millions off the books to fit him with Kawhi and PG lol) and the Raps ink D.J Wilson while the world waits on Durant.

      That just about sums it up?
      Wall is still getting $40M from Houston. No need to pay him under the table. He's ring chasing and getting a massive payday at the same time.

      Comment


      • DJ Wilson got a camp deal eh? We can always use another 6'9 guy on the roster.. not enough of those I guess.

        PS - Fuck you Rogers

        Comment


        • Primer wrote: View Post

          Wall is still getting $40M from Houston. No need to pay him under the table. He's ring chasing and getting a massive payday at the same time.
          Yup.. he got his total salary. The amount Houston bought him out for, is the same amount he got from the Clippers via the tax payer mid level. He didn't lose a dime from his contract overall. No need for the Clippers to slyly pay him more.

          Comment


          • Hotshot wrote: View Post

            Man $61 million dollars a year that is crazzzzy.
            Lillard and Beal are cut from the same cloth as are Washington and Portland. Neither want to really be in a competitive environment.. and neither team wants to let go of their star player that's super loyal to the franchise and an important figure both on and off the court.

            I don't really know the right answer here. It's good to reward good players for hanging around. But on the other hand it's likely not going to help you win a ring.

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post

              Lillard and Beal are cut from the same cloth as are Washington and Portland. Neither want to really be in a competitive environment.. and neither team wants to let go of their star player that's super loyal to the franchise and an important figure both on and off the court.

              I don't really know the right answer here. It's good to reward good players for hanging around. But on the other hand it's likely not going to help you win a ring.
              We'd be in the same spot if we kept Derozan. Glad Masai went for the change despite all the initial criticism of firing Casey and trading Derozan.

              Comment


              • planetmars wrote: View Post

                I don't really know the right answer here.
                Never give a player a contract who is too comfortable and the team isn't going nowhere partially due to said contract.

                Raptors could have given Lowry 30 million dollars per year but chose for him to look for it elsewhere. This was a good way for the team to move forward. Wizards and Blazers ain't moving forward anytime soon but are just stuck at being mediocre.

                Comment


                • Hotshot wrote: View Post

                  Never give a player a contract who is too comfortable and the team isn't going nowhere partially due to said contract.

                  Raptors could have given Lowry 30 million dollars per year but chose for him to look for it elsewhere. This was a good way for the team to move forward. Wizards and Blazers ain't moving forward anytime soon but are just stuck at being mediocre.
                  There definitely requires a bit of balls in the front office to let your star player leave like that. Usually there is a lot of pressure from outside forces (such as local charities, and other businesses) to keep the player. I think most of these small market teams look at Dirk and Tim or even the Lakers with Kobe and believe their player could do the same that those guys did.. stick around for a long time, and still win a chip or two with the team that drafted them.

                  Comment


                  • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                    I am just pointing out the dollars and years, not trying to debate with you about it. LOL.

                    Again, just wanted to point out that there is a possibility that Indiana is not operating in good faith and they are just willing to get Turner out of the way but not deal him somewhere else to take on more money. They just want Ayton badly and in doing so, they would trade Turner to Phoenix. You totally did not take that into account by just implying that it was a one way street with Phoenix the only party totally benefiting out of the deal and zero benefit for the Pacers. The rumor makes perfect sense but you operate in your own little world so we both can agree to disagree.

                    P.S. I find it funny because I sense a little agitation in the tone of your posts especially when someone question the legitimacy of your posts but I don’t mind doing it time and time again lol.
                    I don't mind people questioning my point of view, so long as theirs has a modicum of logic to it. Hence my fairly frequent annoyance with your posts.

                    There is no benefit to the Pacers in dumping Turner for nothing. The entire value of having cap room is to be able to leverage it to sign guys just for money, without having to lose other assets. You think the Pacers held onto Turner for this long just to throw him away for literally nothing?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post

                      Lillard and Beal are cut from the same cloth as are Washington and Portland. Neither want to really be in a competitive environment.. and neither team wants to let go of their star player that's super loyal to the franchise and an important figure both on and off the court.

                      I don't really know the right answer here. It's good to reward good players for hanging around. But on the other hand it's likely not going to help you win a ring.
                      It's not really loyalty when you take every last penny that's available to you. Real loyalty would be taking a meaningful discount to allow your team more flexibility to fill out the roster around you. Duncan did that. Harden just did that with the Sixers... surprisingly.

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post

                        I don't mind people questioning my point of view, so long as theirs has a modicum of logic to it. Hence my fairly frequent annoyance with your posts.

                        There is no benefit to the Pacers in dumping Turner for nothing. The entire value of having cap room is to be able to leverage it to sign guys just for money, without having to lose other assets. You think the Pacers held onto Turner for this long just to throw him away for literally nothing?
                        awwww, thanks for the attention.

                        …until your next questionable POV, for now we move on
                        #TradeVanVleet

                        Comment


                        • Apollo wrote: View Post

                          Masai seems to treat picks like everything else.
                          • In '17, at the trade deadline, he traded a 1st & two 2nds to acquire Serge & Tucker. Then the same year in the summer he cap dumped Carroll by adding in a 1st & a 2nd.
                          • The next summer he packaged DD, along with a high lotto pick player, plus a 1st pick to get Kawhi. Then at the deadline, he traded a 2nd round pick in order to cap dump Monroe to the Nets. The same day he included another 2nd rounder in the trade to land Gasol.
                          • This year they included their 1st rounder to get Thad.

                          The bottom line is he trades picks when it facilitates what he's out to accomplish. If they're trading for KD its about winning now and so those late first round picks and trash end of the second round picks won't matter as much.
                          I am not that opposed to trading FRPs as much as trading UNPROTECTED FRPs for next 7 years unless an absolute elite player near prime.
                          First of all, all the FRPs you mentioned above were non lottery (OK, lets give Jak lottery label, though clearly not an elite nor all star -Never from day 1 had that potential). There was always certainty (likely in mid to late 20s) since we were trading when team was generally top 2-4 in East.
                          Secondly, we are dealing with 34 yo Durant WAY past his prime. Granted still a very good player, but 34 yo with some injuries last 3 years. Look at his performance vs Boston. Aberration or age related? Even a best year in last 3 -absolutely no guarantee of even East final next 2 years. Expect much worse in years 3-4.
                          In the end -we MIGHT challenge for East final (Bos & Mil both stronger, 76ers likely too; Nets? NY, Atlanta -better; Chicago healthier) next year or 2, but potential ramification 4,5,6 yrs from now could be devastating.
                          Hard pass.

                          Comment


                          • Hotshot wrote: View Post

                            How costly will the cut be in terms of affecting the cap?
                            just under 1.9 million unless they work out a buy out where he gives money back.

                            Comment


                            • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post



                              So you think, Indiana will sign Ayton the max and have two options after that:

                              1. Keep Turner’s salary ($18M per) and Ayton’s possible max of ($33M per) = $50M for two centers who will fight for the starter role

                              or

                              2. Keep Ayton but Trade Turner for an Actual Return ($18 million worth of salary)

                              that is fine

                              but do you think those two options is a wise move financially?
                              I suppose its a long summer so you could try to move Turner and figure that out once you have Ayton in the door but one would likely argue that it depresses Turner's value to them meaning that other teams may not offer as much.


                              Financially though the cap is calculated at the end of the year so not sure it matters from that standpoint just yet. They may want both to use Turner to get better picks than what the Suns can or will offer since they will not offer any picks in this package. Especially if they still want to retool/rebuild and have a guaranteed centrepiece but still want a chance at "tanking" for Victor. I am honestly not sure just trying to understand myself but I think that may be one of their ideas.

                              The Suns have an incentive to work a sign and trade more than the Pacers because honestly... they could likely use Turner and I actually think he fits their team.
                              Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Jul 9, 2022, 02:31 PM.

                              Comment


                              • So Lillard is getting 61 million per year...lol..
                                Why? His ok, he ain't a winner.
                                U all know I'm not the biggest Freddy fan, but I rather have Freddy for less than half the price than Lillard, bc I know his a winner, competior, clutch, leader.
                                Portland should of rebuild..good luck trading him now, 61 million...just f$$$%% dumb.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X