Clear All

• Mo Bamba
    end of discussion

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      Mo Bamba
      end of discussion
      Surely we can’t afford him

Also, has he really shown more potential than Precious? I guess there’s nothing wrong with having both but just seems like an odd overlap

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yeah, it seems a bit out there. I'm just wondering if maybe, possibly they'd look at somebody like a Gary Harris.

It feels as though management likes the top 6 guys, so you add in a Thad and/or a Boucher and Nurse's 8-man rotation (and he ain't playing any more than that despite the talk about 11 or 12 guys) is pretty full. Maybe Banton is ready? Maybe Champagnie? Desperately need some scoring added to that mix but I get the sense that the team is otherwise kind of set for next season.

Thing is, you can say that you need 11 or 12 guys or whatever but free agents ain't signing to be 11th or 12th men and maybe play when guys get hurt unless they have no other options. Having a shooter that only play when OG gets hurt, for example, isn't really going to work in the grand scheme of things.
        I’m not sure he wouldn’t play more than the 8 if he had legitimate options.

Fred/GTJ/OG/Scottie/Pascal/Precious are locks for the rotation obviously.

Thad and Boucher as well if we manage to bring them back. Birch is probably the 9th guy as it stands.

Personally don’t think the rest of the guys on the roster really deserved consistent minutes after those 9. Maybe they grow into that (Banton/Champagnie/Brooks) but we’ll have to wait and see.

I think whoever we sign with the MLE will absolutely be in the regular rotation.

Comment

• Hard to predict Bamba's market. The MLE is likely on the low end, but he's never really had a full season of success, never mind on a winning team. Even this year, he blew up, but he was still a 10 and 8 guy. Not easy to find a team that would definitely give him 15M a year. If the Raps come calling with their MLE, it is possible he'd bite. Question of course then would be whether the Magic would hold onto him at that price...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
            Mo Bamba
            end of discussion
            He's an RFA. Not sure how the Raps could get him even if they wanted him. You'd have to give him a massive offer sheet and, I am no cap expert, but don't see how the Raps could make that work.

EDIT: Just saw Dan's post. I can't imagine Orlando wouldn't match the MLE just to keep Bamba and even trade him later if need be,
            Last edited by slaw; Thu May 5, 2022, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• My big fear is if Thad decides to leave and we’re handcuffed into using the MLE on multiple players as opposed to just one.

Boucher I’m almost certain we’ll keep but I have a weird feeling Thad might want a different scenario. Hope I’m wrong, as losing the depth for nothing would hurt

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                My big fear is if Thad decides to leave and we’re handcuffed into using the MLE on multiple players as opposed to just one.

Boucher I’m almost certain we’ll keep but I have a weird feeling Thad might want a different scenario. Hope I’m wrong, as losing the depth for nothing would hurt
                Why would we be stuck splitting the MLE because Thad leaves? You still try to bring in one OK player rather than two bad ones. And you fill the extra slot using the minimum or BAE.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Hard to predict Bamba's market. The MLE is likely on the low end, but he's never really had a full season of success, never mind on a winning team. Even this year, he blew up, but he was still a 10 and 8 guy. Not easy to find a team that would definitely give him 15M a year. If the Raps come calling with their MLE, it is possible he'd bite. Question of course then would be whether the Magic would hold onto him at that price...
                  Have to assume they would, no? Their depth with big guys is atrocious, who knows how Isaac looks coming back from injury (even then he’s not a big).

4/44 is full MLE I think, I’d be absolutely shocked if they didn’t match that

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Why would we be stuck splitting the MLE because Thad leaves? You still try to bring in one OK player rather than two bad ones. And you fill the extra slot using the minimum or BAE.
                    Just seems like a possibility with Nurse seeming so deadset on having a deeper roster.

I agree I’d rather have the 1 okay player but I could definitely see Masai/Bobby thinking they can find diamonds in the rough.

Comment

• So lets say Birch + Flynn for Brooks from Memphis and do a sign and trade with Boucher for Jordan Clarkson. Two scorers and slashers.

Raptors than keep there core intact. Achiuwa is 6 years younger than Boucher and if Precious learns to foul shoot would be of similar value next year with incremental changes and 7 Million less expensive.

Core kept

FVV, Trent Jr, OG, Barnes and Siakam
                      xxxxx, Clarkson, Brooks, Thad Young and Precious- $127 Million salaries.
                      Than sign Tyus Jones, Delon Wright or another backup point such as Coby White and the Raptors are at $135 Million
                      With garbage time on the bench totaling $6 Million including the 2nd round pick, Sign Andre Drummond for 2.6 Million or Boogie (Head Case) to be the 6 fouls to be used against Embid and other Big men.

Comment

• My very early pick for MLE is probably Gary Harris honestly. Just seems like the best of what is available.

Covington or Dipo would be amazing but I highly doubt either would be available for MLE.

Comment

I’m not sure he wouldn’t play more than the 8 if he had legitimate options.

Fred/GTJ/OG/Scottie/Pascal/Precious are locks for the rotation obviously.

Thad and Boucher as well if we manage to bring them back. Birch is probably the 9th guy as it stands.

Personally don’t think the rest of the guys on the roster really deserved consistent minutes after those 9. Maybe they grow into that (Banton/Champagnie/Brooks) but we’ll have to wait and see.

I think whoever we sign with the MLE will absolutely be in the regular rotation.
                          We know this front office likes to keep several roster spots for younger players on a longer term track, so I suppose we have to factor that in, too.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                            So lets say Birch + Flynn for Brooks from Memphis and do a sign and trade with Boucher for Jordan Clarkson. Two scorers and slashers.

Raptors than keep there core intact. Achiuwa is 6 years younger than Boucher and if Precious learns to foul shoot would be of similar value next year with incremental changes and 7 Million less expensive.

Core kept

FVV, Trent Jr, OG, Barnes and Siakam
                            xxxxx, Clarkson, Brooks, Thad Young and Precious- $127 Million salaries.
                            Than sign Tyus Jones, Delon Wright or another backup point such as Coby White and the Raptors are at $135 Million
                            With garbage time on the bench totaling $6 Million including the 2nd round pick, Sign Andre Drummond for 2.6 Million or Boogie (Head Case) to be the 6 fouls to be used against Embid and other Big men.
                            Why would Memphis give up a starter and one of their best defensive players for a fringe rotation guy and a prospect who can’t even crack a rotation?

Why would Utah give up their best bench piece and one of the best bench scorers in the league for a much older bench scorer?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

We know this front office likes to keep several roster spots for younger players on a longer term track, so I suppose we have to factor that in, too.
                              Most definitely, but even then we’d have the 9 guys I mentioned, MLE and maybe a min offer for a big man just to have one.

Would still leave us with 4 actual roster spots and two 2ways for developmental players.

Comment

My very early pick for MLE is probably Gary Harris honestly. Just seems like the best of what is available.

Covington or Dipo would be amazing but I highly doubt either would be available for MLE.
                                Harris is going to have a lot of suitors. I think he'd be a great fit (thought so a the deadline, too) but my guess is he ends up with a contending team somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X