Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

I actually really like this trade for the Lakers. THT sucks and Stanley Johnson is not good either. Pat Bev is a very useful player. They upgraded big time and didn't send out any picks.

I wonder if Utah would have taken Flynn for Pat Bev?
    I like this trade for both teams as well.

I don't think THT sucks, and now he should see steady minutes and role in Utah which will allow him to develop. If he does suck he'll be able to prove it.

Pat Bev is a vet and should fit in nicely for the Lakers. He'll at least be the start of some sort of cohesive defense for them.

Comment

• Ok, I just watched Draymond's full speech. Damn, poor Gabe Brown. Draymond's 100% right though.

Also, I think Rico Hines is going to help this team tremendously.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Have you seen this from a source other than Scottie’s Twitch feed?
        Apologies Claw/others ... missed the "?" at the end of the HoopsHype site feed which I saw.

Comment

• Pretty good trade for the Lakers. Jazz get a couple of young guys - although Stanley is pretty much who he is at this point. PatBev was likely the backup plan in case they couldn't get Kyrie. He gives them some defense and a guy that knows his role obviously so works well with stars.

Not quite sure what they do with Westbrook.. that's still a problem.

Comment

• Funny. Kind of saw it the other way. Utah gets a young guy with possible upside for a guy who they probably weren’t going to use going on.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Ok, I just watched Draymond's full speech. Damn, poor Gabe Brown. Draymond's 100% right though.

that is why I suggested that flynn needs to do more than just shoot. He needs to defend and playmake at a MUCH better level

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I like this trade for both teams as well.

I don't think THT sucks, and now he should see steady minutes and role in Utah which will allow him to develop. If he does suck he'll be able to prove it.

Pat Bev is a vet and should fit in nicely for the Lakers. He'll at least be the start of some sort of cohesive defense for them.
                Other than Lakers hype what makes you think THT doesn't suck?

Also how is 25 mpg not steady minutes?

The more minutes he plays the shittier he gets.

He's a bad defender, he's awful on offense, can't hit the broad side of a barn, he's a whopping -3.3 BPM.

Going into his 4th season now too. What exactly is there to like about his game?

Utah is tanking hard so he's a good fit for that purpose and that purpose only. THT will help them lose lots of games.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Other than Lakers hype what makes you think THT doesn't suck?

Also how is 25 mpg not steady minutes?

The more minutes he plays the shittier he gets.

He's a bad defender, he's awful on offense, can't hit the broad side of a barn, he's a whopping -3.3 BPM.

Going into his 4th season now too. What exactly is there to like about his game?

Utah is tanking hard so he's a good fit for that purpose and that purpose only. THT will help them lose lots of games.
                  Didn't realize he was getting that many minutes actually. The reason I think he might turn out pretty good is from watching him in his first couple of years I thought he had a great feel for the game. Lakers have been a bit of a mess with no real direction or development plan so thinking the move will do him good.

Comment

Ok, I just watched Draymond's full speech. Damn, poor Gabe Brown. Draymond's 100% right though.

The thing with Draymond is that you can't take his words only at face value.

I understand saying that Gabe should feel bad FVV out ran him cause FVV isn't really athletic or fast plus he doesn't have long strides but what Siakam has to do with this?! dude is one of the fastest players in transition in the league and the best player on the Raptors. A bit of a cheap shot no?!

Another thing Draymond mentioned Gabe name cause he recognized he got some talent otherwise he wouldn't single him out from the rest of the lesser unknowns at Rico Run who probably don't have the talent to make it into this league so it don't matter what he tells them. I think there was a bit of a low key recruitment thing in Draymond speech design to show that the Warriors are the superior team in this league in terms of obtaining the kind of talent deserving to wear the Warriors uniform which means not everybody with talent can show up and be a GSW.

Anyway Gabe can shoot the 3 and is athletic and long enough to score in transition and defend so almost a perfect 3 & D player the Raptors would have selected if they had another lower 2nd round pick in the draft. Best to keep an eye on him during training camp to ensure that if he does meet certain requirements and desire to be the best he could be that he won't slip away and be claimed by another team.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I understand saying that Gabe should feel bad FVV out ran him cause FVV isn't really athletic or fast plus he doesn't have long strides but what Siakam has to do with this?! dude is one of the fastest players in transition in the league and the best player on the Raptors. A bit of a cheap shot no?!

Another thing Draymond mentioned Gabe name cause he recognized he got some talent otherwise he wouldn't single him out from the rest of the lesser unknowns at Rico Run who probably don't have the talent to make it into this league so it don't matter what he tells them. I think there was a bit of a low key recruitment thing in Draymond speech design to show that the Warriors are the superior team in this league in terms of obtaining the kind of talent deserving to wear the Warriors uniform which means not everybody with talent can show up and be a GSW.

Anyway Gabe can shoot the 3 and is athletic and long enough to score in transition and defend so almost a perfect 3 & D player the Raptors would have selected if they had another lower 2nd round pick in the draft. Best to keep an eye on him during training camp to ensure that if he does meet certain requirements and desire to be the best he could be that he won't slip away and be claimed by another team.
                      Gabe is a fellow Michigan State alum. I took him singling out Gabe like a big brother / little brother type of thing where Draymond is kind of like a mentor.

I usually find Draymond irritating, but I absolutely LOVED his speech. His words can apply to everyday life in any field.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Gabe is a fellow Michigan State alum. I took him singling out Gabe like a big brother / little brother type of thing where Draymond is kind of like a mentor.

I usually find Draymond irritating, but I absolutely LOVED his speech. His words can apply to everyday life in any field.
                        Well that makes more sense. Yeah Draymond speech was great just with him there is always more to his speech than just chastising a rookie.

Draymond also knows how to represent and promote his brand & team well.

Comment

He wasn't saying FVV or Pascal are slow players. He was saying "how you gonna make the Raptors if their 2 star players are outrunning you in a mid summer workout? They don't have to work that hard, you do."

Anyways, how's RR holding up? Just finished my last summer vacation of the year, time to get back to the boards. Board Man Gets Paid.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No. Because whey you're a journeyman trying to make it to the NBA and you have a guy like Siakam who's an all NBA player and a max player out hustling you, that's not a good look. It makes you question the player's desire. How much does he really want it? If i was in his position I would be busting my ass every second.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

No. Because whey you're a journeyman trying to make it to the NBA and you have a guy like Siakam who's an all NBA player and a max player out hustling you, that's not a good look. It makes you question the player's desire. How much does he really want it? If i was in his position I would be busting my ass every second.
                              Well that's the thing with some rookies they don't know. Maybe Gabe thought he could get notice more for him making buckets cause it won't be as good if he was forced to exhort most of his energy running and hustling. But now that he was called on it by a highly respected NBA championship player in front of everybody i am sure he will think about that. Also this is what Draymond does and that's his style being highly vocal to a fault and it may turn off some players from blunt harsh criticism directed at them (KD lol) . I am sure either FVV, Siakam, Rico and Earl Watson may have pulled him aside after this and explained to him the situation of what he needs to do in a more respectful and private manner. The message was right but the way it was done may not be right for everybody. Kyle Lowry was known to also be blunt and straight forward at times but I am sure he needed to adjust somewhat his approach when Kawhi was on the team cause being too blunt with Kawhi wasn't going to work.

Comment

Well that's the thing with some rookies they don't know. Maybe Gabe thought he could get notice more for him making buckets cause it won't be as good if he was forced to exhort most of his energy running and hustling. But now that he was called on it by a highly respected NBA championship player in front of everybody i am sure he will think about that. Also this is what Draymond does and that's his style being highly vocal to a fault and it may turn off some players from blunt harsh criticism directed at them (KD lol) . I am sure either FVV, Siakam, Rico and Earl Watson may have pulled him aside after this and explained to him the situation of what he needs to do in a more respectful and private manner. The message was right but the way it was done may not be right for everybody. Kyle Lowry was known to also be blunt and straight forward at times but I am sure he needed to adjust somewhat his approach when Kawhi was on the team cause being too blunt with Kawhi wasn't going to work.
                                Of course, Draymond also wouldn't talk to Kawhi the same way he would Gabe Vincent lol. Kawhi is one of those "2 motherfuckers per team who can do whatever they want" that Draymond was referring to. Draymond knows this as well as anyone, because he's one of the most elite non scoring role players ever, just like Dennis Rodman. Mike & Scottie: the 2 motherfuckers. Steph & KD: the 2 motherfuckers
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X