No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone is trying 2 lie 2 them self, when it comes 2 Donovan Mitchell trade...listen, I'm not a fan and what they had 2 give up...damn..that's a haul.
    However..Cavs got better.
    Cavs got some some guards and bigs.
    Raptors still looking for center since 2019, this team is not going no where..until we get a reliable starting Center.
    Look at every team, u need a CENTER.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• So apparently the knicks offer was. RJ, toppin, Robinson and 3 unprotected 1st rounders. Am I crazy or is that not a way better deal then what the Cavs gave them?
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        So apparently the knicks offer was. RJ, toppin, Robinson and 3 unprotected 1st rounders. Am I crazy or is that not a way better deal then what the Cavs gave them?
        Maybe Jazz didn’t want to give RJ the max extension he just got? Sexton only got $18m/yr, so that’s a pretty tradeable contract for the efficient microwave scorer, that he is.

RJ hasn’t proven that he’s worth anywhere near the max yet.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Out for the year?

Likely - Celtics will be scouring the market for wing help

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Maybe Jazz didn’t want to give RJ the max extension he just got? Sexton only got $18m/yr, so that’s a pretty tradeable contract for the efficient microwave scorer, that he is.

May also be reflective of the offered picks - would imagine that the Knicks' 2023 pick was one of the firsts - but that (hopefully for Knicks' fans) would be at the bottom half of the first round. Jazz already have three first round picks in 2023 (own, Minnesota, worst of Houston/Brooklyn/Philly), so that probably doesn't move the needle for them. One of the other first round picks was rumoured to be the Bucks' 2025 selection, which again, would likely be at the back of the first round.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              So apparently the knicks offer was. RJ, toppin, Robinson and 3 unprotected 1st rounders. Am I crazy or is that not a way better deal then what the Cavs gave them?
              I read in several places yesterday … can’t remember where exactly, but reputable, that Utah wasn’t gonna trade with NYK outta spite for them so doggedly pursuing Mitchell… kind of like the resentment we felt towards Balmer. NYK had made two separate offers, that first one you listed, and then another one with Barrett, Quickley and same picks… both NYK offers arguably better than CLE (particularly because you know NY would still find a way to mess it up and lose and the picks would no doubt be of greater value.) Apparently though NY was deliberately given no opportunity to match, Utah was like… ‘Get effed.’

Not sure the truth of all that — but it’s kind of the only thing that makes sense given how much better the NYK offer is.

(I don’t think a backcourt of Brunson and Mitchell plus the rest of the what they got makes NYK winners, whereas Cavs look poised to be very good for a long time, imo)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I read in several places yesterday … can’t remember where exactly, but reputable, that Utah wasn’t gonna trade with NYK outta spite for them so doggedly pursuing Mitchell… kind of like the resentment we felt towards Balmer. NYK had made two separate offers, that first one you listed, and then another one with Barrett, Quickley and same picks… both NYK offers arguably better than CLE (particularly because you know NY would still find a way to mess it up and lose and the picks would no doubt be of greater value.) Apparently though NY was deliberately given no opportunity to match, Utah was like… ‘Get effed.’

Not sure the truth of all that — but it’s kind of the only thing that makes sense given how much better the NYK offer is.

(I don’t think a backcourt of Brunson and Mitchell plus the rest of the what they got makes NYK winners, whereas Cavs look poised to be very good for a long time, imo)
                Wonder if there's also some history/animosity from Ainge's time in Boston as well.

Comment

RJ didn't get a max. His max would have been 25% of the cap with 8% raises per year or about $140M/4. He got $107M and it can go up to $120M with bonuses.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Wonder if there's also some history/animosity from Ainge's time in Boston as well.
                    Yikes to think he might have deliberately cost his team an opportunity at better players out of spite.

Maybe someone can confirm but I had heard Knicks weren't willing to give up as many FRP's as what the Cavs gave them. I don't think the decision came down to RJ or Sexton but the number of picks.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

When Sexton did play they were bad. And that's because Garland + Sexton didn't work. I don't think Garland + Mitchell is going to work either. They both need the ball in their hands. Especially Mitchell who loves fielding a high usage. Cleveland should have went in on a star wing, and waited until one became available.

Markkannen was actually a great fit. Check the teams stats when he played and when he didn't. Their front court size with Markkannen was tough to play against. They just got a lot easier to deal with.

And those 3 first rounders don't kick in until 2025. That's when Mitchell will be a UFA.
                      I don't agree with this but I think it's the best counter argument to my line of thinking.

I think Mitchell plus Garland will be really freaking good. If it's not then this trade is a busy for Cleveland. That's the crux of all of it.

Comment

• My problem with Garland and Mitchell comes defensively. Both are 6'1 and Mitchell is a terrible defender.

I was skeptical with a Fred and Mitchell backcourt, but at least Fred is a fantastic defender.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          My problem with Garland and Mitchell comes defensively. Both are 6'1 and Mitchell is a terrible defender.

I was skeptical with a Fred and Mitchell backcourt, but at least Fred is a fantastic defender.
                          Cavs have not 1, but 2, all NBA caliber defenders on the back end to cover for their perimeter guys. Plus, offensive players who are poor defenders can crank it up in the post season, if they are truly committed. Paul Pierce used to do that all the time.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            My problem with Garland and Mitchell comes defensively. Both are 6'1 and Mitchell is a terrible defender.

it puts a lot of pressure on their back line defenders and if EITHER of them are not at 100% ... and one of htem can't really switch like the other... they will not have quite enough.. they also may struggle to score efficiently on offence in a playoff setting

Comment

We couldn't contain a quick guard like Tyrese Maxey, so 2 quick guards are really going to test our 6'9' philosophy - which has problems at either extreme (bulky centers and shifty guards).
                              When Fred and Trent are healthy we can do a much better job on Maxey. Also good luck for Maxey guarding Scottie on the other end.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

When Fred and Trent are healthy we can do a much better job on Maxey. Also good luck for Maxey guarding Scottie on the other end.
                                Maxey doesn’t guard Scottie, he guards Fred, who isn’t that dangerous with the ball in his hands trying to create for teammates.

And Sixers went out of their way to attack Trent, so I don’t know how he helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X