X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd say the only locks are Pascal, Fred and Scottie to start. You could make a case for OG to come off the bench as he naturally plays the same position as both Scottie and Pascal in that they are hybrid forwards. Precious gives us more rim protection than OG can provide. And Gary can create his own offense and is a more polished scorer. Although that's debatable.

OG on the other hand is our most versatile defender. And that helps someone like Pascal save energy for offense. Scottie isn't as good of a defender (yet), so OG would help him too.

I personally think Nurse will change up the rotation based on match ups. Like, I wouldn't even be shocked if Khem started on day 1 since they would be playing against Allen and Mobley.
    Yeah, OG is a slight question but he really should start, bringing your best defenders off the bench is a poor use of resources. He's pretty close to a lock to start. Hard to envision them starting Gary and Precious and having OG off the bench, even if there is some presumed benefit to giving OG the keys to some bench units to drive his usage up.

Again, would love to see Nick actually change it up based on matchups (assuming he insists on the small look at all, the ideal is to just start big always). Only time he's ever done that is to solve the politics of a couple of guys who should start (JV and Serge, then Marc and Serge, though the latter eventually faded as it should have) - so maybe this is another situation where that happens. But it's been a viable path for at least some guys every season since and never happened, so we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Jae Crowder just requested a trade because he's getting bumped out of the starting lineup. Do some people around here really think that being a starter vs. coming off the bench doesn't matter to NBA players? Suns were the number 1 seed last year.
    Pretty sure the report had him being told he would neither start nor close, and would see a significant minutes reduction. Gary would not be told that at all.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

I'd be fine with trading Trent. We're not going to start anyone just to avoid hurting their feelings. I'm sure Precious also really wants to start and feels he deserves it.

First game is against Cleveland, one of the biggest lineups in the NBA, so even more reason to start Precious.

Also Precious is better than Turner, especially defensively against other Centers, check the head to head stats he does way better. Precious defends better and hits 3s at a higher clip and that's all we need out of our center.

If Trent starts over Precious that all Nurse and a great example of how coaching matters, coach gets to decide who plays, who they play with, and how much they get to play (light shade thrown at those who think coaching doesn't matter).
    Your shade is still pretty bright. I'll throw some glasses on just in case.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

I'd be fine with trading Trent. We're not going to start anyone just to avoid hurting their feelings. I'm sure Precious also really wants to start and feels he deserves it.

First game is against Cleveland, one of the biggest lineups in the NBA, so even more reason to start Precious.

Also Precious is better than Turner, especially defensively against other Centers, check the head to head stats he does way better. Precious defends better and hits 3s at a higher clip and that's all we need out of our center.

If Trent starts over Precious that all Nurse and a great example of how coaching matters, coach gets to decide who plays, who they play with, and how much they get to play (light shade thrown at those who think coaching doesn't matter).
    It's not about hurting feelings, it's about hurting the pocketbook. That's what matters more to NBA players and their agents. Jae Crowder just proved that.

Not sure if you got that backwards, but Trent starting over Precious would be the cop-out move by Nurse. The people's lineup seems to be starting Precious over Trent. If Nurse has the cajones to bench Gary, then yeah, that's a bold move where coaching is actually making a difference.

I'm also expecting the same Year 3 MIP leap from Precious, like we saw with Pascal. That could change the trajectory of the franchise.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

The starting 5 might be the biggest question going into this season.
    I'd say the only locks are Pascal, Fred and Scottie to start. You could make a case for OG to come off the bench as he naturally plays the same position as both Scottie and Pascal in that they are hybrid forwards. Precious gives us more rim protection than OG can provide. And Gary can create his own offense and is a more polished scorer. Although that's debatable.

OG on the other hand is our most versatile defender. And that helps someone like Pascal save energy for offense. Scottie isn't as good of a defender (yet), so OG would help him too.

I personally think Nurse will change up the rotation based on match ups. Like, I wouldn't even be shocked if Khem started on day 1 since they would be playing against Allen and Mobley.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

The starting 5 might be the biggest question going into this season.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Precious might be a better player than Turner as soon as…this month? People should be foreseeing a sizable jump from him
    Barnes is definitely the most important young player to watch but Achiuwa is second. If he continues to hone and refine his skills while improving his awareness, timing, etc. then he's the perfect center for this system - a fully realized Precious would be huge for the organization going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Jae Crowder just requested a trade because he's getting bumped out of the starting lineup. Do some people around here really think that being a starter vs. coming off the bench doesn't matter to NBA players? Suns were the number 1 seed last year.

Last edited by Primer; Wed Sep 28, 2022, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

Crowder's also in a contract year and likely looking for his last long term contract at 32, so it's an even bigger deal in his particular case.

Same with Trent in Toronto. Starting is going to be a big deal for him.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Precious might be a better player than Turner as soon as…this month? People should be foreseeing a sizable jump from him

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    SGA is THE guy to target. Let's go!

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    anyone have the presale code? I got it last year, but no email this year

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Wpuld u trade Gary Trebt Junior for Myles?
    yes... but I would be wary because they would want a first rounder and if we are giving GTJ I dont want to give a first rounder... but I owuld consider it. I would then need to move towards roster balancing... you would need to find a way to fet rid of Khem asap

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...nder-Situation

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    If only this team had a Center..imagine Myles Turner with this group...it would be nasty, now we gotta rely on Achiuwa..young kid, we're putting 2 much on him, it's 2 soon.
    I still believe Masai will get Myles out Indiana.
    Anyway, media day, training day..everyone looks good, great shape, everyone seems prepared, hungry..
    Let's Go!!!
    Wpuld u trade Gary Trebt Junior for Myles?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X