No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They could have it culminate or Xmas day where they've already got a built in audience (yes, that's my Raps will get to play on Xmas day again train of thought)

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Thoughts on this? Seems like a schedule nightmare but I'm sure they've thought it out

Like, they say the rest of the teams will continue their normal schedule. But what if they were supposed to play one of the 8 playoff teams? And if you are one of the tournament teams, you get more games against good teams? Although I guess with the single elimination that works itself out. You only get more games if you win and wins are what counts.
      This is 100% for sports betting. There is no other good reason for an in season tournament. They'll probably make a killing on Draft Kings ads. NBA clearly wants something similar to March Madness.

Comment

Thoughts on this? Seems like a schedule nightmare but I'm sure they've thought it out

Like, they say the rest of the teams will continue their normal schedule. But what if they were supposed to play one of the 8 playoff teams? And if you are one of the tournament teams, you get more games against good teams? Although I guess with the single elimination that works itself out. You only get more games if you win and wins are what counts.
        Adam Silver is hell-bent on trying to capture some of what makes European football popular. Most of that has grown organically over time from cultural & regional rivalries. This tournament feels like a totally contrived force-fit that nobody asked for, except maybe the networks wanting more content and like Primer said... betting.

Comment

I think its dumb i get why they are doing it but its dumb... they want players to care more about the middle of the season and drive mroe revenue and engagement but I dont really think players will care about the mid season tourney unless it affects standings.

UI respect that they try to make it part of the 82 game schedule so I agree witih that

Comment

• I'm still not quite clear on how it works.. so in the schedule in November they start creating games for this tournament? And these aren't part of the regular season necessarily? So what happens if it is Toronto vs LA in LA and then Toronto has to play an EC opponent the next day.. that seems wildly unfair.

Or is it west vs west and east vs east.. and then the final 8 get together somewhere in December? And some teams get extra games added to their schedule?

I'd have to see how it all breaks down.. I'm not a purist or anything so I'm cool with this as long as the games end up being fun. If guys sit out or not care, then whatever. It'll just end up being another all-star game which is already a joke.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I'm still not quite clear on how it works.. so in the schedule in November they start creating games for this tournament? And these aren't part of the regular season necessarily? So what happens if it is Toronto vs LA in LA and then Toronto has to play an EC opponent the next day.. that seems wildly unfair.

Or is it west vs west and east vs east.. and then the final 8 get together somewhere in December? And some teams get extra games added to their schedule?

I'd have to see how it all breaks down.. I'm not a purist or anything so I'm cool with this as long as the games end up being fun. If guys sit out or not care, then whatever. It'll just end up being another all-star game which is already a joke.
              it seems no one gets extra games added but I agree we have to see the entire break down....

I guess I prefer this over some of the all star stuff

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

it seems no one gets extra games added but I agree we have to see the entire break down....

I guess I prefer this over some of the all star stuff
                Re-reading Shams tweet.. seems like the cup games and single elimination games act as part of the 82 game regular schedule. So no new extra games are played. Except for the final two who each play an 83rd game in their schedule.

I don't think it will replace the all-star game/break.

Comment

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Re-reading Shams tweet.. seems like the cup games and single elimination games act as part of the 82 game regular schedule. So no new extra games are played. Except for the final two who each play an 83rd game in their schedule.

I don't think it will replace the all-star game/break.
                    This makes little to no sense to me. Perhaps it will become clearer when they actually announce the details. Like, they already have a tournament: the playoffs. Like golden write above, this feels like a desperate attempt to replicate a soccer construct into the NBA architecture where it doesn’t really fit.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/jkV6qis5omk

10000 %

#bringSGAhome
                      #finalpiece

As much as I like Gary and/or OG, if they're what it takes then let's do it.
                      OKC can easily flip them for picks at the deadline anyway. I think it's win-win for both us and OKC.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                        https://youtu.be/jkV6qis5omk

10000 %

#bringSGAhome
                        #finalpiece

OKC can easily flip them for picks at the deadline anyway. I think it's win-win for both us and OKC.
                        depending on how scottie progresses defensively yeah I would 100 percent consider this

Comment

• Id do og and fred and a pick thats it and i love sga. But including precious and “a plethora of picks”? Naw. Better to trade players for picks or just hold onto our picks. Therell be another star guard in drafts to come

Comment

• I hate giving picks when mgmt is so good on drafts

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              https://youtu.be/jkV6qis5omk

10000 %

#bringSGAhome
                              #finalpiece

No idea what OKC is trying to do at this point. Do they still want picks or do they want to try and compete now?

I don't love the pairing of SGA and Siakam cause neither of them are shooters and both like the mid range game but it would be a heck of an experiment. I

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                I hate giving picks when mgmt is so good on drafts
                                We do well with our picks in drafting solid players but we aren't getting superstars with late FRP's.

Comment

Working...
                                X