Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    If only this team had a Center..imagine Myles Turner with this group...it would be nasty, now we gotta rely on Achiuwa..young kid, we're putting 2 much on him, it's 2 soon.
    I still believe Masai will get Myles out Indiana.
    Anyway, media day, training day..everyone looks good, great shape, everyone seems prepared, hungry..
    Let's Go!!!

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nobody said to give Otto starter minutes... just saying that he'd be a great fit to start the game with the starters, because of basketball reasons, i.e., he helps provide reliable floor spacing and defense. It's more about lineup balance, rather than, "hey... Otto is a 35MPG starter again." Nobody said that.

It's moot anyways, because it's not happening. If Klutch gets mad if Precious starts over Gary, then they will be absolutely livid if Otto starts over both of them. There's a ton of politics involved in starter vs. bench, pecking order, etc... because there's so much money at stake there.

If OPJ, Boucher, and Young are playing 15 to 18 minutes a game that would be wonderful, but I think OPJ will receive more time due to OG spending on the Injury List for 10 to 15 games.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

what is happening with the posting tweets?! nothing appears

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    big boi wrote: View Post

There might be a bit of a transition. I could see Trent starting to begin the season... with Precious potentially finishing games before he starts them. I do think Gary could be an excellent 6th man. I'd be surprised if Nick made a sudden change to start the year, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making the change at some point during the season.
    Jae Crowder just requested a trade because he's getting bumped out of the starting lineup. Do some people around here really think that being a starter vs. coming off the bench doesn't matter to NBA players? Suns were the number 1 seed last year.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

It will be very weird if Precious doesn't start. I agree that it makes way more sense to start defensive and bring scoring punch off the bench. There's already a lot of offensive mouths to feed in the starting lineup between Pascal, Fred, OG, and Scottie. All of those guys should average close to 20ppg. Precious is a natural fit with them to defend, rebound, and hit open 3s.
    There might be a bit of a transition. I could see Trent starting to begin the season... with Precious potentially finishing games before he starts them. I do think Gary could be an excellent 6th man. I'd be surprised if Nick made a sudden change to start the year, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making the change at some point during the season.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Just had a chance to listen to the media day sessions. Nurse talking about putting more pressure on the rim being an emphasis this season is something new isn't it? A lot more of what we saw from Pascal in the playoffs maybe?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Hey TTF, your boy Crowder wants out of Phoenix.
    Any trade ideas?
    Cavs should be all over that.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I appreciate that
    Hey TTF, your boy Crowder wants out of Phoenix.
    Any trade ideas?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Legendary

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

I only used trash from what I recall in one post. And it was an exaggeration (I already said this). I use trash when people hate on someone or think they suck. There are absolutely levels to that. Of course Casey is an NBA caliber coach.. and a different team gave him a 5 year contract when he was fired here. But when you rank him among his peers he's likely not considered a top tier coach. Among his peers he's likely considered not very good. Now that's subjective but I have been around Raptor forums for some time. Casey is not a coach that fans generally liked. They were happy to see him leave.. and joke around about him all the time.

I don't know why you are being such a stickler for this term I used maybe one time. And I apologize for obviously offending you. I figured you didn't like Casey just like many don't.. and is a big reason why you thought he couldn't win a championship. If you think he can then this is all pointless. I'm sorry I dragged you into this conversation.
    I appreciate that

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    someone can be a players coach and be well liked by players... and not be an x's and o's coach.. casey was always a galvinizing coach helping his players come together he was a culture setter. doesn't mean his in game adjustments were good enough.. maybe they are now.

heck avery johnson was hated by his teams but was an amazing coach.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Fred, OG, Scottie and Gary are all like options 2a through 2d, even with Gary coming off the bench - they should all be around 20+/- 2ppg.
    Think 2nd options on championship teams and Klay, AD, or Kyrie might come to mind. Even Middleton. OG and a young Barnes is not that guy imo and Fred is going to have a hard time in the playoffs unless Siakam hits a new level.

Not something to argue over but I think without Trents ability to score it allows defenses to load up on Siakam.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nobody said to give Otto starter minutes... just saying that he'd be a great fit to start the game with the starters, because of basketball reasons, i.e., he helps provide reliable floor spacing and defense. It's more about lineup balance, rather than, "hey... Otto is a 35MPG starter again." Nobody said that.

It's moot anyways, because it's not happening. If Klutch gets mad if Precious starts over Gary, then they will be absolutely livid if Otto starts over both of them. There's a ton of politics involved in starter vs. bench, pecking order, etc... because there's so much money at stake there.
    I mean if anything you would want to close with Otto if you feel strongly about him bringing all those things. Odd to start with someone who can't make it to the end of the game.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Masai dumped Casey for Nurse.
    Good enough for me ....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Casey great team culture builder and let's under rated guys get a shot. But wouldn't want to rely on him to get over the hump.
    i expect him to have the young pistons team to play hard for him and start pushing them towards a play in spot. He the perfect guy to give a number of season to build a good organization foundation. But I don't want him drawing up a game plan or substion pattern to shut down a top 10 player

Leave a comment:

Working...
X